Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

We're still going through them and lining them up for their beauty shots at the moment, but it's looking promising, especially with wee touches like this... 

CCEheadboard.jpg.4b4f446262535f12171c8b1364b4e8c2.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

Gorgeous. 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

We're still going through them and lining them up for their beauty shots at the moment, but it's looking promising, especially with wee touches like this... 

CCEheadboard.jpg.4b4f446262535f12171c8b1364b4e8c2.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

Good to see how that's come out -nice Job

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

On 03/07/2023 at 12:41, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Rob,

Okay, will come clean on this. There was one photo we didn't share last week, and it's this one...

image(82).png.c2ca1310ae38cd483424485a419ee431.png

as you can see, the tunnel on the firemans side has been painted black instead of green, despite our artworks being correct. Thankfully it's something that is really easy to correct, and the factory are already sorting it, but have asked for 10 days to complete the work. We have okay'ed this, as it would be awful to put the models out there with incorrect paint like this.  An absolute pain, but we felt it was the right decision to take.

So, at the last hurdle, it has tripped, but will be bang on when they land. 

Once this is corrected all models will be packed up and shipped by air to the UK. They are coming in two batches one week apart. Batch one includes 7800, 7801, 7802, 7808 and 7812, with the remainder following on approx one week later.

July is the month of the Manor, which is the main thing. 

Cheers!

Fran 

13 working days since this update I guess they are nearly ready.

Regards Neil 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

It looks as though Kernow’s steam railmotor is catching up, coming in Q3-  but that’s been 9 years in gestation. It must be frustratinhg for those waiting for a black Manor having to wait while the fire tool tunnels are corrected on the green versions before the whole batch ships

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

It looks as though Kernow’s steam railmotor is catching up, coming in Q3-  but that’s been 9 years in gestation. It must be frustratinhg for those waiting for a black Manor having to wait while the fire tool tunnels are corrected on the green versions before the whole batch ships

Perhaps the fire tool tunnels on the black versions were painted green. 😇

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

After all this time, what is a few more weeks?

CJI.

• Agree 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

After all this time, what is a few more weeks?

CJI.

I agree but figure that by the time they are air frighted and Accurascale processes them , we will be in prime school holiday time . Luckily Accurascale’s customer service can defer despatch until we get home .

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Good! Someone else has asked the question I have a daily struggle not to ask. 👍

I Was told - "end of July" when I asked last week.....

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

It was good to see the images of the Kernow Steam Railmotor today - but if they are in production now.... accepting they aren't finished - the earliest they will be in the UK will be mid-September...

Assuming they get the boat at the end of July.... which I would suggest is tight.

Either way, if the Manor gets to the UK in (say) the next month; followed by (say) the Steam Railmotor; hopefully the next one on a boat will be the Dapol Mainline & City carriages.....

(Needless too say, I am looking forward to receiving all three.)

That takes us nicely up to Warley and I wonder what will be announced for us 1930's GWR modellers.....

Anyway, back to the A/s Manor 😎

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

It was good to see the images of the Kernow Steam Railmotor today - but if they are in production now.... accepting they aren't finished - the earliest they will be in the UK will be mid-September...

Assuming they get the boat at the end of July.... which I would suggest is tight.

Either way, if the Manor gets to the UK in (say) the next month; followed by (say) the Steam Railmotor; hopefully the next one on a boat will be the Dapol Mainline & City carriages.....

(Needless too say, I am looking forward to receiving all three.)

That takes us nicely up to Warley and I wonder what will be announced for us 1930's GWR modellers.....

Anyway, back to the A/s Manor 😎

As a prezervation modeller id say a big missing part is an lner k4 . however its unlikely accurascale will do one , or any manafacturer will. its a missed oppourtunity as there is a running example for sound files to be made too. So i have a cookham manor coming and i cannot wait , its going to be fabolus . 

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

What an exquisite loco.

Even if one doesn't 'need' one for the layout, it is certainly deserving of a top quality wall-mounted glass showcase, just for it on it's own!

Whilst I model N gauge I do have a real soft spot for the Manors and still have some OO stuff so I put down to be notified when Erlestoke Manor is available. Thats how good this model looks I will buy one without being able to use it properly

• Like 5

22 hours ago, McC said:

Acc-Manor-Production-Line-Up-06.jpg.ec6dfb514f6e00014429c086f6994fe7.jpgProper Update will be along shortly...

Sure there not the real thing , put them on track and it will be hard to tell the difference .lying is a serious criminal offence in court,  so id mind your manors if i were you .  cannot wait for my cookham manor to arrive on my heritage inspired exhibition layout .