Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

Stone me that looks fantastic, as said before by another poster, it really does capture the 'face' of the Manors so well. Would love to see some heavily weathered examples.

7817 at Reading General...

78xx7817GarsingtonManorReadingGeneral.jpg.129c382b3e209b349631f38dd98159a0.jpg

7818 with its 'GWR' tender... possibly at Bishops Cleeve on the Stratford - Cheltenham route...

7816-170765.jpg.32bfbf2e3f3ad34478c8fcf3fe76cd2c.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, GreatWesternFan220 said:

My 7812 has completed it's transatlantic journey and arrived with me yesterday. I am at a loss for words with...

1) How much it weighs!

2) how good it looks (except for a few issues)

3) how well it performs. (Silky smooth straight out of the box)

The finish is absolutely superb. The shade of Brunswick green and the orange/black/orange lining are enough to rival Bachmann's interpretations in my opinion. Unfortunately the smokebox dart is missing (nowhere in the box and not fallen victim to the carpet, I've checked both 3 times over), there are scratches (I think ?) just behind the front lamp iron on the fireman's side and there are glue marks on the sides of the smokebox and top of the firebox. It could be worse as I previously endured the recent iteration of Hornby's Duchess, "City of London", which was in a sorry state and had to be sent back to the retailer as it wasn't fit to be seen. The glue marks compared to that are much more subtle; nothing that an extra bit of weathering can't fix...maybe. Hoping that my next two (7810 and 7802 with the latter surviving it's encounter with Royal Mail of course) will be a bit more showroom worthy. Apart from those issues, well done Accurascale on your first Steam loco! Now who's going to be the first to tackle the proposed/cancelled batch (7830-7839)?

20230811_005302.jpg

20230811_005316.jpg

20230811_005743.jpg

20230811_005833.jpg

20230811_005843.jpg

20230811_005916.jpg

Hi, Thanks for the feedback it looks like you have a Friday afternoon build, Doh! 

If you could get in touch with us directly, the team will be more than happy to assist. 😊

support@accurascale.com

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Rugd1022 said:

Stone me that looks fantastic, as said before by another poster, it really does capture the 'face' of the Manors so well. Would love to see some heavily weathered examples.

7817 at Reading General...

78xx7817GarsingtonManorReadingGeneral.jpg.129c382b3e209b349631f38dd98159a0.jpg

7818 with its 'GWR' tender... possibly at Bishops Cleeve on the Stratford - Cheltenham route...

Yes definatly Bishops Cleeve .Picture taken from Twohedges Rd bridge. Defiantly part of the GWR heritage railway.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Accurascale said:

Hi, Thanks for the feedback it looks like you have a Friday afternoon build, Doh! 

If you could get in touch with us directly, the team will be more than happy to assist. 😊

support@accurascale.com

Email has been sent! Thanks for the quick response! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

Prototype for everything?

Ran out of Bullhead track, so laid some flat bottom alongside.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

Here is my pair (yet to be joined by 7802)

PXL_20230811_181645900.jpg.635df908cf8c69a153744608386908b7.jpg

These are my first Accurascale locos and first new tooling purchase in a while and just WOW! I'm sure other individuals are more qualified to comment on the ins and outs and quality features but ... 

Things I like:

-the feel of the buffers, the heavy springing gives them "weight" Vs other offerings

-I can open the tender filler cap

-the front details on the bogie

Things I don't like:

-the size of hole left in my wallet 

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, Trainsandtravel said:

For those who are very lucky and have already received their Manor locos, would anyone be able to confirm what accessories are fitted to the loco in the box and what extras need to be fitted by the owner?

In 3 little bags are:

Etched numbers

Etched name plates

OHLE tender guard

Another bar for the tender

Screw link coupling

Full cylinder covers to swap for cut aways

Tender vacuum pipe

Valve gear splash guards

CCE headboard

Pembroke coast headboard

Think that's it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

11 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

In 3 little bags are:

Etched numbers

Etched name plates

OHLE tender guard

Screw link coupling

Tender vacuum pipe

Valve gear splash guards

CCE headboard

Pembroke coast headboard

Think that's it 

Excellent. Thank you for that. 
you sure do get good value for money with these. 

I am guessing that the additional tender bar is for a closer coupling. 

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

Here is my pair (yet to be joined by 7802)

PXL_20230811_181645900.jpg.635df908cf8c69a153744608386908b7.jpg

These are my first Accurascale locos and first new tooling purchase in a while and just WOW! I'm sure other individuals are more qualified to comment on the ins and outs and quality features but ... 

Things I like:

-the feel of the buffers, the heavy springing gives them "weight" Vs other offerings

-I can open the tender filler cap

-the front details on the bogie

Things I don't like:

-the size of hole left in my wallet 

A photo shewing the underside would be nice too @SteamingWales 😉

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Trainsandtravel said:

I am making a visit to the West Somerset Railway tomorrow in the hope to have a ride behind 7812 Erlstoke Manor and a ride behind 7828 Odney Manor. Fingers crossed they will both be in steam. 

7812 and 9351 were sharing the honours with the 14 on the diesel duty on Wednesday, but you might be in with a chance.

42 minutes ago, Trainsandtravel said:

I am making a visit to the West Somerset Railway tomorrow in the hope to have a ride behind 7812 Erlstoke Manor and a ride behind 7828 Odney Manor. Fingers crossed they will both be in steam. 

Disregard what I said pre-edit!, both Manors will be in steam, there's a mainline charter coming onto the branch which they will double head to Minehead and back.

That should leave 5199 as the steam service starting from Bishops Lydeard and 9351 from Minehead. Class 14 also out to play - going to be a busy day on the railway!

Enjoy your day! 

Edited by Ben7820
Updated info
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ben7820 said:

Disregard what I said pre-edit!, both Manors will be in steam, there's a mainline charter coming onto the branch which they will double head to Minehead and back.

That should leave 5199 as the steam service starting from Bishops Lydeard and 9351 from Minehead. Class 14 also out to play - going to be a busy day on the railway!

Enjoy your day! 

Thanks for that information. 

It will be good to see both Manors in steam, however it will be a shame that I will not be able to travel behind them if they are on the rail tour. 

I visit the West Somerset Railway regularly and it’s always either 9351 or 5199 operating 😂. The manors always seem to be the least used. 

I wish the West Somerset Railway would put in their website which loco will be in steam on what day 😂

It will be a great day regardless. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Trainsandtravel said:

Thanks for that information. 

It will be good to see both Manors in steam, however it will be a shame that I will not be able to travel behind them if they are on the rail tour. 

I visit the West Somerset Railway regularly and it’s always either 9351 or 5199 operating 😂. The manors always seem to be the least used. 

I wish the West Somerset Railway would put in their website which loco will be in steam on what day 😂

It will be a great day regardless. 

Most of my visits this year have been on Wednesdays, and at least one Manor has been in action on each occasion.

John

• Like 1

The Instruction Booklet suggests there is a guide to fitting accessories on the Website, but I can't find it.

Newby question, do the etched nameplates fix over existing nameplates?  Does the etched smokebox number replace existing number?

Cheers!

Edited by KeithAnthony

My Cookham Manor turned up today, and the brief play I had is impressive, super smooth (no running in required), super powerful (yet to overload it), and so much detail (most of which is perfect). So happy with this, and contemplating a second (if I can get hold of one!)

One surprise with this is the box size! It’s massive! I thought the Hornby 9f box was a lot 😂 needless to say it kept the model super safe in transit.

8EAC8BC0-5A57-4C79-BA61-17D9047C155F.jpeg

470E1417-66DC-44F1-8866-E022F81D554F.jpeg

• Like 8

Does anyone else’s not run properly/at all around curves?

Mine arrived yesterday in a box that looked like it had been stamped on quite hard from the top and the side as well (the side had been taped up to try and hide it), inner plastic packaging was very distorted and it derails on every curve on my layout - none of which are even remotely close to R2. Also the chimney broke off when I touched it!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, SteamingWales said:

In 3 little bags are:

Etched numbers

Etched name plates

OHLE tender guard

Screw link coupling

Tender vacuum pipe

Valve gear splash guards

CCE headboard

Pembroke coast headboard

Think that's it 

Depends what era

The headboards only apply to BR (none with my Shirtbutton loco), the OHLE tender guards, later BR

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Pikey said:

Does anyone else’s not run properly/at all around curves?

Mine arrived yesterday in a box that looked like it had been stamped on quite hard from the top and the side as well (the side had been taped up to try and hide it), inner plastic packaging was very distorted and it derails on every curve on my layout - none of which are even remotely close to R2. Also the chimney broke off when I touched it!

Get in touch with the team with your order number and we’ll arrange a speedy replacement if the model has been damaged in transit. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1