Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

3 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Thanks to the SR 8-planks, Rapido will soon have 17' 6" RCH underframes on both 9' and 10' wb. in their armoury, opening up a wide range of other possibilities, for both SR and other wagons....

John 

Interestingly they follow the RCH specs - but I have yet to find two identical underframes in terms of rivet pattern etc etc. the result is to produce another wagon (nominally with the same chassis) it will likely require a new set of tooling.

It does help with the CAD aspect mind…

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Edwardian said:

From your emails?!?

I apologise - baby came along and its been a little mental for various reasons. Currently getting back into the several hundred that have accumulated in the last 10 days - I will go rooting for any you have sent.

Andy

• Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

34 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

I apologise - baby came along and its been a little mental for various reasons. Currently getting back into the several hundred that have accumulated in the last 10 days - I will go rooting for any you have sent.

Andy

Good to hear from you. I was of course unaware and so the radio silence was perplexing as you had seemed so keen to get started.

No worries or hurry on my part. I do have to accept new baby as an excuse!  Heartfelt congratulations. Am about to lose the first of mine from the nest, yet it only seems like yesterday .....

😀

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Andy

Congratulations :)

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

Some are for current projects, some for future things. Any ideas? 

I'm sure we're all having far, far too many ideas / too much wishful thinking about our favourite locos or rolling stock ........ but we have to remember that Bedford OBs might have appeared in pretty well any combination of those colours over the years !!?!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Some are for current projects, some for future things. Any ideas? 

As you've asked:

• South Eastern & Chatham Railways no. 65
  • Caledonian Railway no. 419
  • Metropolitan Railway no. 1
  • a Longmoor Military Railway blue WD 2-10-0 and/or S160

I've probably added 2 and 2 together and got way, way off.

I see South Yourkshire coffee, WMPTE Oxford Blue, Cream, NBC red, NBC green, something similar to Merseyside green, all of which adorned Leyland Nationals but no WYPTE verona green, which suggests a Class 141 follow on from the Leyland National might be a bit of a way off.  There's a swatch of rail blue, something like dark multiple unit green as well as well as maroon, malachite and Lincoln green, so hopefully some units and diesels are incoming, although I somehow doubt it, they will probably be industrial liveries.  There again the lincoln green might not be for a train, it might be for another bus.  There's also something not far off "electric" blue but I suspect it'll turn up as a Caledonian blue Mckettle rather than adorning something with a coathanger on the roof.

One colour missing from the swatch is GMPTE/Selnec orange.  Don't tell me you are going to upset all the Mancunians and not do them a Nasher too?

• Funny 2

Kinda reminded me of when British Airways developed that policy of different coloured tails on their planes. I guess there was a name for the multi million pound exercise in wasting valuable money, and glad they resumed a corporate identity. 

The lack of GMPTE orange is a little worrying "Wombato", because I was rather hoping for a Chase Leyland National, which IIRC was more or less GMPTE livery. . 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Covkid said:

Kinda reminded me of when British Airways developed that policy of different coloured tails on their planes. I guess there was a name for the multi million pound exercise in wasting valuable money, and glad they resumed a corporate identity. 

The lack of GMPTE orange is a little worrying "Wombato", because I was rather hoping for a Chase Leyland National, which IIRC was more or less GMPTE livery. . 

So they're going to do aeroplanes as well?  Did the squire have a Dragon Rapide carefully stashed somewhere?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

As you've asked:

• South Eastern & Chatham Railways no. 65
  • Caledonian Railway no. 419
  • Metropolitan Railway no. 1
  • a Longmoor Military Railway blue WD 2-10-0 and/or S160

I've probably added 2 and 2 together and got way, way off.

I’d love the last two, just with the provision that I’d like other liveries too. As for the first three, if any were produced I would suddenly realise that I’ve been wanting them for years but just never knew it!

3 hours ago, Covkid said:

Yes, Chase just put their Nationals into service in GMPTE liver - then started repainting all their other service buses into matching liveries, including some ex-Midland Red Leopards and lovely ex-Crosville dual purpose Nationals with coach seats, rather posh for the Walsall to Bilston route.

I actually liked the BA "World Tails" identity which given the bland white livery and the lack of variety in the fleet actually made the aircraft stand out.  The tail designs were adapted to be used in other things, like luggage labels and on-board printed items (I remember a pre-packed "refreshment box" on an evening Brussels to Birmingham flight being bedecked in the colourful "Polish Cockerel" design, which the cabin crew wouldn't let me keep) and if it wasn't for the stupid intervention of a crazy ex-politician and her grubby hanky, it could have been developed into one of the most innovative and memorable identities in the airline world.  After all, Frontier in the US have a viral following with their "Critters" animal tails, and Lufthansa don't feel the need to plaster their tails with the German flag colours, yet BA since they went all flag waving have declined into Iberia's London focussed subsidiary.  Sad.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

i'm really hoping for Rapido to do the LSWR Adams T3 4-4-0 locomotive especially as the Swanage Railway 563 Locomotive  Trust is in the process of restoring this iconic loco to hopefully steam in 2023. 

Rapido could do this loco in Adams pea green, Drummond's ornate livery, and Southern Railway olive green.

Three different liveries .  Two different chimneys. 

Cheers,

Chris

• Agree 2