Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, tommyliam021 said:

Is it fair to say we’re going to be seeing a 14xx soon following the video in the latest newsletter?

Will that be the fourth /fifth manufacturer to have a go at it then.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Will that be the fourth /fifth manufacturer to have a go at it then.

Three out of the four we've had so far use the same body and the third was essentially a rebrand from Dapol to Hornby, so if one does materialise from Rapido, it'll only really be a third. 😉

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

14 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

@rapidoandy@AY Mod is it too early to start a thread to speculate what the Warley announcements are? Or should we wait till we're closer?

14 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Preferably. I can't bear weeks of it. 

40 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

I am surprised people have waited this long...

14:00 on the 14th November might be the appropriate time to let people loose.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

On 29/10/2022 at 13:40, Dunsignalling said:

Three out of the four we've had so far use the same body and the third was essentially a rebrand from Dapol to Hornby, so if one does materialise from Rapido, it'll only really be a third. 😉

John

Are we talking RTR here because there have probably been kits - certainly K's ?

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Covkid said:

Are we talking RTR here because there have probably been kits - certainly K's ?

Yes, RTR starting with Airfix. The K's kit is going back a bit even for me, and I'm 70! I bought a built up one donkeys years ago but could never get it to run even half decently.

There might have been etched kits, too but I'm not aware of any specific examples. Perseverance once did a chassis kit, originally to turn the K's one into something usable IIRC, and I think Comet do one currently. Most 4mm 14xx one sees these days are based around Airfix/Dapol/Hornby bodies sometimes with etched underpinnings or K's, usually with etched underpinnings!

I currently have a modified and detailed Dapol example, and one of the Hatton's/DJM jobs. Mine runs fine, but I gather others have had issues with them.

John

• 4 weeks later...

May I please suggest an N gauge ex LMS 68' restaurant car ?

I did listen to all the reasons why a range of British coaches were not yet under consideration. However, this example may be compared to other individual coaches out of the mainstream models and can stand alone as a desirable extra to add. In the same vein as the newly announced dynamometer car. Or the individual cars in the Titfield Thunderbolt series in OO, unfortunately not (yet) in N.

The ex LMS 68' 12 wheeled restaurant car was seen in LMS Maroon, BR carmine and cream, BR Maroon at least and I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared in blue and grey either, although I have never seen evidence of that. Perhaps it could be an extra ( maybe if ) colour, like the RTC versions of other stock elsewhere. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see one in engineers' colours at some point in their lives.

Another suggestion for a model in N gauge is the ex LMS 57' non-corridor driving brake (autocoach). Seen over large parts of the countryside on short suburban duties, main and branch, up until the 1950s and, of course ended up in BR Maroon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brian-1c said:

May I please suggest an N gauge ex LMS 68' restaurant car ?

I did listen to all the reasons why a range of British coaches were not yet under consideration. However, this example may be compared to other individual coaches out of the mainstream models and can stand alone as a desirable extra to add. In the same vein as the newly announced dynamometer car. Or the individual cars in the Titfield Thunderbolt series in OO, unfortunately not (yet) in N.

The ex LMS 68' 12 wheeled restaurant car was seen in LMS Maroon, BR carmine and cream, BR Maroon at least and I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared in blue and grey either, although I have never seen evidence of that. Perhaps it could be an extra ( maybe if ) colour, like the RTC versions of other stock elsewhere. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see one in engineers' colours at some point in their lives.

Another suggestion for a model in N gauge is the ex LMS 57' non-corridor driving brake (autocoach). Seen over large parts of the countryside on short suburban duties, main and branch, up until the 1950s and, of course ended up in BR Maroon.

I wouldn't say no to either, or both, of those in OO as well

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, davknigh said:

Any update on the Hunslets?

Cheers,

David

Decoders being fitted to the DCC ones, should be shipping to the UK within the next few weeks.

Hope to have them out to customers in January.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I would love to see the mid 60's to 1980's timber wagons done for the WHL modelers. I suspect this won't due to the niche area and timespan but they wood be interesting and I would get a full rake!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 06/12/2022 at 16:43, D9020 Nimbus said:

We’re the Timber P wagons used during that period not converted from the Conflat P that Rapido are doing in N?

So I honestly don't know. I've seen sources differ on this (I've not yet researched in depth) - one stating that they were converted from an LNER based wagon and another based on Conflat P's http://igg.org.uk/rail/9-loads/9-timber.htm. So yes in theory it should be relatively easy to add stanchions to them but would much prefer RTR. Just need the wagons in 4mm.

https://www.railscot.co.uk/img/60/749/ - best picture I have seen yet.

Edited by E100
  • Like 2