Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

4 minutes ago, mvrnut said:

i'm really hoping for Rapido to do the LSWR Adams T3 4-4-0 locomotive especially as the Swanage Railway 563 Locomotive  Trust is in the process of restoring this iconic loco to hopefully steam in 2023. 

Rapido could do this loco in Adams pea green, Drummond's ornate livery, and Southern Railway olive green.

Three different liveries .  Two different chimneys. 

Cheers,

Chris

Hmmmm, possibly even four liveries if you count Drummond with and without brass splasher beading as different liveries!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 05/08/2022 at 10:43, The Stationmaster said:

So they're going to do aeroplanes as well?  Did the squire have a Dragon Rapide carefully stashed somewhere?

No,  They need to start with Rolla Royce Dart gas turbined planes.  Avro 748, HP Herald and Vicker Viscout in1:76

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Well Friday actually - check back at mid-day!

Great !!!!

That will be the LNWR 2-4-2 radial tank and the pair of LMS period 3 push pull "motor train" coaches, as a set.

Or maybe not.  Maybe the Ironstone hopper, or even the BR 21T original or rebodied  "HTO" and "HTV"

I will be here lunchtime tomorrow 

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 08/04/2022 at 16:30, wombatofludham said:

The LNWR is an open goal for any newcomer to the UK market with a distinctive style, and coaching stock which survived for quite a few years.

If you do LNWR, you have to do the Ramsbottom DX Goods.  They made more of them than any other steam loco, ever.  More than the Black 5.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Well Friday actually - check back at mid-day

We got a complete SECR goods train and you guys have shown some really good ideas. So my money would be on an SECR O1 class or SR U class. (A man can dream though).

Big James

• Agree 1

On 24/08/2022 at 23:03, rapidoandy said:

Well Friday actually - check back at mid-day!

Is this going to be a Facebook announcement? Could be I am looking in the wrong place but can't see anything on the Rapido UK website?

Roy

Edit.. hopeful for something N Gauge, even something quite low key would be nice....

Edited by Roy L S

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bit of a leftfield announcement from Rapido’s North American branch: 

But it has got me wondering what metro units Rapido UK could offer us. Tyne & Wear Metrocars? DLR units? Supertram Class 399s? Start now and could we see model 2024 Stock hitting the shelves alongside the real things in 2025…?

Edited by Watto1990
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Watto1990 said:

But it has got me wondering what metro units Rapido UK could offer us. Tyne & Wear Metrocars? DLR units? Supertram Class 399s? Start now and could we see model 2024 Stock hitting the shelves alongside the real things in 2025…?

Are these the 5ft 6in gauge units?

steve

Edited by steve1

9 hours ago, steve1 said:

Are these the 5ft 6in gauge units?

steve

They are, though Rapido will be doing them to run on standard HO track.

Also note that it is a conditional announcement and the decision to proceed or cancel will be made after the order deadline of January 16th 2023 - anyone ordering before that date gets a 5% discount.

• Thanks 1

On 09/09/2022 at 06:14, Watto1990 said:

I always thought the Bart units looked great, very 1970s.  

It's a shame the Sheffield Class 399 are low floor and the forthcoming Welsh Valleys Class 398 are high floor otherwise it would have made a good choice.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am seriously tempted by the BART models, as well as being nice looking trains I love San Francisco. It'd be nice to see more mass transit models, they seem to be the forgotten part of the railway world when it comes to models, with a handful of exceptions.

• Like 3

On 15/09/2022 at 09:39, Wickham Green too said:

..... not to mention modern trams - which have reappeared on the streets and rails of several of our cities in 'recent' years ........ I say 'recent' but some systems are on at least their second generation of vehicles  -  yet, so far as I know, these are completely absent from the model market. 

Yup. I work in Birmingham city centre and daily see the CAF Urbos trams of the Midland metro. I have no real knowledge of UK trams but there seem to be two distinct designs but dont know which are which - Birmingham / Blackpool / Nottingham / Edinburgh. Then there are the Manchester, Newcastle and Croydon operations. 

Plenty of scope