Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Someone also pointed out the advertising in the Hornby section. Actually quite coincidental - we took out a package for advertising that includes exclusive rights to our area and then a number of other areas with the highest traffic rate including the forum index and new content pages. It doesn’t make sense to me to advertise on the lowest traffic pages…

Maybe it’s time to take a break for a bit.

Andy

As a fan of quite a lot of their products (not so much of their feline policies...) I frequent the Hornby section almost on daily basis and absolutely don't mind seeing Rapido, or anybody else, advertising their products, EP or not. With the Dynamometer car, GPV's and J70, you have nothing to prove in my book. So please, no breaks for me!

Only one thing is a bit strange however, for one reason or another, the Rapido advertisement of the Stirling Single Rerun doesn't appear for me, in any section... Must be a bug or something! 🤔 😇

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Another wagon suggestion that might have a wide appeal and plenty of livery options.

Butterley pattern 12/13T steel mineral wagon and/or Cambrian Wagon Co. 13/14T types.

• Introduced pre-war, Both had had hire fleets and leased them to other operators.
  • Therefore offers a choice of PO liveries as well as BR grey.
  • BR acquired them from several private owner fleets and (possibly) via the MoWT.
  • Still numerous in the 1950s with some lasting into the 1960s.
  • Their lower height will enable a few to nicely break up the uniformity of a long train of 16-tonners. 
  • Never (TTBOMK) available in either r-t-r or kit form in 4mm scale.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Lots an' lots of variants to brakes, buffers, lengths etc.etc. - should keep them busy for years !

If the SECR stuff is anything to go by, Rapido will prefer things that were built on the same underpinnings as lots of other things....

John  

• RMweb Gold

As for the AA20 EP - I looked at it, knew that I was looking at an EP so a case of 'progress to date' and not yet the final product with, as Andy had said, 'things to do'.  But having checked the various livery options and knowing what Rapido's British outline wagons are like in their finished state (I've got 5 of them) I duly ordered two AA20s.

Let's not forget that in today's limited run market we often order on the strength of what we see in EP in order to make sure that we get what we want.  And, fortunately, should we want more later, some retailers order enough to take Rapido's wagons into stock.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

But if it is real might it be the missing link from Titfield?

You wouldn't tease an old man, would you  ?

• Friendly/supportive 1

22 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

If we are allowed to play a guessing game, my guesses are:

• Pre grouping 0-4-4T eg Met 1 or Caledonian 419
  • S160
  • Charles, Linda & Blanche
  • Suitable rolling stock to go with the above.

All would be nice but an S160 would be nicest of all. I do wish Rapido would make it easy to get inside its models to allow servicing.

• RMweb Gold
On 13/06/2022 at 15:34, Paul.Uni said:

If we are allowed to play a guessing game, my guesses are:

• Charles, Linda & Blanche. 

Read that and immediately thought of 

Rod, Jane and Freddie. 

• Funny 2