Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

On 06/12/2022 at 16:43, D9020 Nimbus said:

We’re the Timber P wagons used during that period not converted from the Conflat P that Rapido are doing in N?

The West Highland Line ones were.  However there were also Timber P wagons used in Bristol which were of different ancestry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2022 at 18:45, rapidoandy said:

For those who would like to see it here’s the photo…

BF75DD0C-BA43-430E-9B2F-40C7C69B20AF.jpeg.7128351aab407f7ed51df5235b622f17.jpeg

Some are for current projects, some for future things. Any ideas? 

No French Blue? Obviously no Brighton Corporation Atlantean AN68s with East Lancs bodywork in the offing. 

Are there any plans to create a motorising kit to allow road vehicles to follow a steel wire a la Faller? That'd be really impressive. 

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/04/2021 at 14:46, Edwardian said:

If manufacturers do not move beyond what happens to have survived in preservation, the hobby will never progress. 

There are several items in preservation that have never made it to RTR models:
LNWR 1906 Royal Train
MR Class 115 4-2-2 (Spinner)
War Department 2-10-0 "Gordon"
ECJS Royal Train Luggage Brake van – No 109 (diag 38)
L&YR Aspinall Class 23
BR/LMS Dynamometer car No. 3 45049
Pullman coach TOPAZ

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi rapidoandy ,

A few product suggestions.

1) SR E1/R’s which were rebuilt from 10 E1’s.

2) SCER 01’s which were tender engine locos based on the now preserved 65 at the Bluebell Railway.

3) CR 294’s.

Thanks and best wishes Fred

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

On 16/01/2023 at 00:42, LMRT said:

There are several items in preservation that have never made it to RTR models:
LNWR 1906 Royal Train
MR Class 115 4-2-2 (Spinner)
War Department 2-10-0 "Gordon"
ECJS Royal Train Luggage Brake van – No 109 (diag 38)
L&YR Aspinall Class 23
BR/LMS Dynamometer car No. 3 45049
Pullman coach TOPAZ

You missed out the MR Kirtley 2-4-0. His curved frame 0-6-0 would be nice to see modelled as well 🙏

• Like 1

Probably far too late but with the Coronation this year would have been an ideal time for considering a Royal Train collection although I suspect there may not be a big market for it but if you don't suggest you don't get!

I am not just thinking about the modern MK3 based one but older versions through the years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

How about some mk2a coaches in blue and grey? Especially TSOs. Bachmann seem not to have done any recently and I can imagine how great the quality would be. 

As to buses I'd definitely go for a Leyland Atlantean AN68 East Lamcs bodywork, especially Brighton spec, or a Bristol VR series 3 as they were my childhood. 

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver

On 18/12/2022 at 13:31, The Evil Bus Driver said:

No French Blue? Obviously no Brighton Corporation Atlantean AN68s with East Lancs bodywork in the offing. 

Are there any plans to create a motorising kit to allow road vehicles to follow a steel wire a la Faller? That'd be really impressive. 

Looks as if NBC Poppy Red and NBC Green are visible, so likely for the Leyland Nationals of Ribble, Crosville and others. I would like to think that Ribble maroon and cream is there too, for the Leyland/Burlingham PD3/4 which I bring into correspondence with Jason Shron from time to time!

On 05/02/2023 at 13:42, sirwilliamfrs said:

Looks as if NBC Poppy Red and NBC Green are visible, so likely for the Leyland Nationals of Ribble, Crosville and others. I would like to think that Ribble maroon and cream is there too, for the Leyland/Burlingham PD3/4 which I bring into correspondence with Jason Shron from time to time!

If, after the pleas to buy the latest round of Fleetlines has produced enough orders to sustain the interest in rail replacement vehicles, a decent 1970s coach such as a Plaxton Elite III or Duple Dominant would be welcomed I'm sure. Both had sizeable production runs, the Plaxton in particular, and with Rapido's ingenuity in design, the different versions (coach and "grant" door, lower destination or dome etc) could be accommodated.

• Like 1

Given the success of the NER Dynamometer car, how about the GWR equivalent? Legitimately run it behind everything from a Saint to 9F, and 'foreign' locomotives during the exchanged too. Just like the LNER carriage I can imagine people buying one to just put on the display cabinet behind their favourite top link GWR engine. And the best thing is it still exists for Rapido to fire measuring lasers at!

Edited by Forward!
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Forward! said:

Given the success of the NER Dynamometer car, how about the GWR equivalent? Legitimately run it behind everything from a Saint to 9F, and 'foreign' locomotives during the exchanged too. Just like the LNER carriage I can imagine people buying one to just put on the display cabinet behind their favourite top link GWR engine. And the best thing is it still exists for Rapido to fire measuring lasers at!

However, we need a Saint!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/01/2023 at 11:20, modelpara said:

Probably far too late but with the Coronation this year would have been an ideal time for considering a Royal Train collection although I suspect there may not be a big market for it but if you don't suggest you don't get!

I am not just thinking about the modern MK3 based one but older versions through the years.

I would agree that these would appeal to both model rail enthusiasts and the royal memorabilia crowds. Hornby seem to think the market definitely exists and the resell prices are decent as well. Something 1950's-1960's based would be ideal for most modellers of that era.

• Agree 1