Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

On 23/02/2024 at 21:41, zr2498 said:

Good to see a 25 delivery, and a happy result 🙂

Thanks Mcsterl for uploading 👍

Thank you.

Must admit that video was meant to be unlisted, so I'll have to check why it's able to be shared. But nevertheless we are really happy with the 25. 

Edited by Paul_sterling
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/02/2024 at 12:46, zr2498 said:

Sorry about that, but it did make me smile as well.

It came up when browsing U-tube so was not unlisted.

Here is how to change the visibility:

image.png.aa0b271c1a240465cc35a623ca5b0478.png

Thanks 

I normally upload videos set to unlisted, it's not happened this time, but I've changed it to as planned. 

Thanks

Paul. 

For those awaiting sound fitted, of the currently in stock class 25's had a call today from SLW checking card and address details, and was told sound fitted loco's should be despatched in 4 to 6 weeks. 

• Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 4

9 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Shame the 31s were D5500-5699 and D5800-D5862 then 😉

Roy

Of course they were! How could I forget the MetroVicks? 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Anyone had any deliveries of DCC Sound 25's yet ?

im not contacting Phil as i have 5 on order and a 24 but really itching to get me hands on my first 25. 

Not as yet 

• Like 3

My 'gut' feeling is that there is something amis im afraid. I simply cant see how it should take 3 months to start sending out these models unless they are fitting sound chips and speakers and stay alive capacitors before they ship them. I hope this is not the case as models get damaged when bodies are taken on and off even with the best will in the world. 
i hope im totally wrong on this one and i will stand being corrected. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

It's approaching 5 weeks now since I was contacted to update my card details (despite having updated them on the website to save them having to call me). I was told to expect delivery of my P4 sound fitted loco "in the next few weeks".  So I am also being to think there must be some issue causing an unforeseen delay.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

My 'gut' feeling is that there is something amis im afraid. I simply cant see how it should take 3 months to start sending out these models unless they are fitting sound chips and speakers and stay alive capacitors before they ship them. I hope this is not the case as models get damaged when bodies are taken on and off even with the best will in the world. 
i hope im totally wrong on this one and i will stand being corrected. 

I don't know what the issue is but I have no doubt that Phil and his team(!) will deliver the goods.

I have an SLW sound fitted 24 and I have trouble getting it off the layout at shows as my operators are so happy with it...

I will also see Phil at York and make polite enquiries!

btw the SLW bodies are very easily removed....with little risk...

ChrisH

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I spoke to slw a few weeks ago about my sound 25 as i paid for it in full last November and had heard nothing from them since.

I was told to allow another few weeks which by my estimate means it should be with me by end of this month.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I am NOT being critical at all about SLW. Quite the contrary. I have several class 24's and im highly delighted. I am just as excited as you all about getting my hands on them. Hopefully not long now. 

• Like 1

On 19/03/2024 at 18:31, Krieghoff said:

Anyone had any deliveries of DCC Sound 25's yet ?

im not contacting Phil as i have 5 on order and a 24 but really itching to get me hands on my first 25. 

On 28/02/2024 at 21:12, steveb860 said:

For those awaiting sound fitted, of the currently in stock class 25's had a call today from SLW checking card and address details, and was told sound fitted loco's should be despatched in 4 to 6 weeks. 

Soon Gentlemen, soon.

Edited by steveb860