RMweb

Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

32 minutes ago, RBE said:

The roof rad grilles represent the fact that the real ones are spaced off of the roof not bolted on directly. There is daylight under the real ones and as such there is under ours. 

The roof colour is not too light it is the exact spec for the livery from BR Railfreight. You cannot judge a colour from a photograph.

Looking at that prototype roof picture, they may well be spaced off the roof, but I can't see it. And that earlier Loadhaul model image looks as though there is a 'space' of a good 4 or 5 scale inches, that is simply not correct. And regarding the roof colour, I'm not judging from a photograph, I'm judging from experience of the real thing in all conditions, weathered, ex works, and everything in between.

Congragulations on an excellent model, it's just a shame a few of the details let it down. And let's turn the clock back a few years pre Cavalex Models, when you were only too happy to point out miniscule deficiencies with other manufacturers models. It works both ways!

Edited by blueeighties
typo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, blueeighties said:

Tis a nice model. Very nice presentation. Shame about the roof rad grilles though, what has happened there? And roof colour on the ttg example is too light.

56 grilles a.jpg

56 grilles.jpg

56080.jpg

And the winner for the first gripe goes too.......

It's a 4mm to the foot model 🤨

And I understand the drivers seat doesn't have a adjustable mechanism...tut tut

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

All British Rail colours on the class 56 were matched from the original colours specified by British Rail for the exact time period that Cavalex have represented the locomotive. This takes into account changes during the life of BR and changes made to the British Standard colour systems used during that period also. Cavalex have then used paint matching from one of the world's largest and market leading paint manufacturers (who also at this moment supply some current TOC's paint) and also paint matching relevant to worldwide universal paint systems to ensure the 100% correct paint colour can be produced in the factory. Colours can not be matched to old photographs, they are matched to the exact BR specification.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

And I understand the drivers seat doesn't have a adjustable mechanism...tut tut

Whaaaat, ive just placed my order for 56008 and now i find out its not that detailed after all. 

Youll be telling me next it doesnt drop oil on the track either or have a miniature copy of The Sun newspaper on the control desk showing page 3 ! 

• Funny 9

10 minutes ago, Garry D100 said:

Whaaaat, ive just placed my order for 56008 and now i find out its not that detailed after all. 

Youll be telling me next it doesnt drop oil on the track either or have a miniature copy of The Sun newspaper on the control desk showing page 3 ! 

If you want a pair of tits in the cab, you could always buy the ModelU representation of Will and Mike! (They're both great don't get angry)

• Funny 15

Ok delivered this morning, nice and secured in its box, no loose bits. Looking stunning to me. Run in, details fitted and driver fitted. As a buying experience at buying a model, this has been a great one, as all has gone to plan and is now happily running around Torridon Road. Expect to see it on my YouTube channel soon. As far as I'm concerned ....... Great job Cavalex 

Edited by Triumph1050
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RBE said:

Well the grill frame is spaced off of the roof on the real one, that's a fact. Pic from prototype below. Not easy to do on the model but we chose that rather than an incorrectly moulded to the surface look.

image.png.e043d64b0d933980a69528385009319e.png

It's designed on our CAD to be spaced correctly from the roof to the real frame, manufacturing tolerances might add or remove a fraction of a mil but its still a gap never the less and its certainly not a scale 4 to 5 inches, that would mean a gap aprox 2mm which it certainly isn't even at it's worst. Probably 0.5mm max but should be around 0.3mm to 0.4mm.

As for the colour, all I can say is that we have the colour that BR Railfreight used, its colour matched to that. Your 'judgement' can't really be taken over the actual spec from BR in this case.

The picture I posted in Rail's cabinet shows that the colour isn't as light as your picture made out and conditions of viewing make a massive difference to how colours are perceived.

Critique is always fair and welcomed, if it's valid I'll say it is, if not I will defend it.

Plus a little clumsy handling will replicate the effect below

image.png.f086aa9f5a6c472e9ea9ef0534a59595.png

I stopped putting Shawplan fan grilles on my 37s and 40s as they're far too delicate for old Sausage Fingers here!

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Plus a little clumsy handling will replicate the effect below

image.png.f086aa9f5a6c472e9ea9ef0534a59595.png

I stopped putting Shawplan fan grilles on my 37s and 40s as they're far too delicate for old Sausage Fingers here!

Yeah the one on Making Tracks has ended up like that after a few months none stop work!

• Funny 3

Superb job by Cavalex, compared mine to Hornbys 56013, and clearly sorts out the shortcomings of the older model especially on the cosmetic front…..and certainly bodes well for the class 60.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Garry D100 said:

Can categorically confirm if a 56 landed in Liverpool with a copy of the sun newspaper (especially as a driver at Garston lost his life at Hillsborough) it was lobed in to the cess with the used tea bags!....but copy of well thumbed 'sport'...well!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Well a review of sorts has appeared on YouTube in the last hour or so. Those of you interested in the box will not be disappointed 😂. Basically a run round on a layout with some functions demonstrated but it certainly whets the appetite for those like me waiting on the Postman. It does look and sound quite glorious. Cheers, Rob

2 minutes ago, Dennis2000 said:

Received my GBRF duo this afternoon, brilliant models. The detail is awesome and the build quality feels solid. Only snag is 081 is missing a lamp iron, have you got any spares cavalex?

20240126_161633.jpg

They aren't missing, this pair has them left off intentionally and placed in the detail bag along with a pair of headboards (and high res foil stickers) that you can substitute the lamp iron with should you want to replicate the farewell tour condition.

• Like 6

These things must have sold like hot cakes when released!  Just checked and my order from Rails was on the day they were announced, and they’ve not even taken payment yet when some Rails customers have already got theirs!  I phoned them on Wednesday and was told I would get an invoice for payment sent “in batches”.  They must have sold hundreds that first day if I’m nowhere near the top.

Guess plenty of other early purchasers in same boat?

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

These things must have sold like hot cakes when released!  Just checked and my order from Rails was on the day they were announced, and they’ve not even taken payment yet when some Rails customers have already got theirs!  I phoned them on Wednesday and was told I would get an invoice for payment sent “in batches”.  They must have sold hundreds that first day if I’m nowhere near the top.

Rails have stated elsewhere that it's the largest pre-order that they have ever had to deal with so patience I guess is the order of the day. 

As another Cavalex retailer, I can confirm that this release is overwhelming when it comes to the sheer volume of models we have to despatch. Whichever retailer you may have used, please be patient with us - we are being as fast as we can!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

7 minutes ago, RBE said:

They aren't missing, this pair has them left off intentionally and placed in the detail bag along with a pair of headboards (and high res foil stickers) that you can substitute the lamp iron with should you want to replicate the farewell tour condition.

Happy with that, it was just 081 is missing one on the non drivers side and there's only two in the detailing bag and non loose in the box.

2 minutes ago, Dennis2000 said:

Happy with that, it was just 081 is missing one on the non drivers side and there's only two in the detailing bag and non loose in the box.

Ah right I see, apologies. I'm sure we can sort you out with one. Send us an email to cavalexmodels@gmail.com and we will get onto it as soon as we can. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

I ordered the large logo on 18/06/2021 and then 56070 in BR blue this month both from Rails. 56070 has just turned up, so off upstairs to play. I have no idea when the large logo one will turn up.

• Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, RBE said:

Ah right I see, apologies. I'm sure we can sort you out with one. Send us an email to cavalexmodels@gmail.com and we will get onto it as soon as we can. 

I must say I had a red cradle leg missing on a HAA and after a quick email I had 4 spares within 2 days sent to me.

What a great service this was and I have no worries that if I have any issues with the 56's they would be sorted out with no hassle.

Baz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Can't wait for York show weekend I'll get my hands on newbryfords.... and have a play with it!🙊....his cavalex class 56...!😃

Makes me want to model 00!

You can keep your hands off mine, but you can drive the 56.

• Funny 4