RMweb

Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

9 minutes ago, RBE said:

The box on the twin pack is twice the size. You don't want to cut it as it's a special box with ltd edition artwork on it.

Understood and agreed.

I thought he meant the outermost carriage box, not the CavAlex.  I understand now the 'twin pack' is clearer to me.  I'm sure 'certain arrangements' can be made between seller and purchaser if considered necessary.

Al.

Ok for the lighting.

Front Light = Headlight Front

Rear Light = Headlight Rear

AUX 1 = Markers Front

AUX 2 = Markers Rear

AUX 5 = Tail Front

AUX 6 = Tail Rear

AUX 7 = Cab Front

AUX 10 = Cab Rear

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 minute ago, RBE said:

Ok for the lighting.

Front Light = Headlight Front

Rear Light = Headlight Rear

AUX 1 = Markers Front

AUX 2 = Markers Rear

AUX 5 = Tail Front

AUX 6 = Tail Rear

AUX 7 = Cab Front

AUX 10 = Cab Rear

Perfect!, will make setting up a Zimo chip much easier when I get my hands on them. 

sorry to be a bit of a pain, but are the working fans included on a DCC ready model? And if so what aux function are they off? I’m guessing AUX 8 and 9?

1 minute ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Perfect!, will make setting up a Zimo chip much easier when I get my hands on them. 

sorry to be a bit of a pain, but are the working fans included on a DCC ready model? And if so what aux function are they off? I’m guessing AUX 8 and 9?

They are but I will have to get back to you on that.

It’s interesting that most of the sound version are sold out . Thats £300 worth of toys …cost of living crisis ?….nah people will always find a way to get the GOODIES ….;)

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

I received my first pair this morning in the shape of 56055 in Load Haul & 56091 in DCR Grey. They are both absolutely stunning! They exude quality (those bogies are something to behold!) & the livery application on both is incredible.  

I love the very handy stencil guide included with 56091 for getting the nameplates attached without the need to print the plates onto the body first, it's certainly innovative & very useful indeed for anyone who's a but unsure on the positions etc. I'm yet to attempt to fit any buffer beam details but the instruction manual is incredibly clear on how to do it so shouldn't pose many problems to anyone. 

These locos are an absolute triumph! & a wonderful way to start out in the 00 gauge loco market, I have exceedingly high hopes for the class 60 & if the DCC sound on the 60 is as incredible as it is on the 56.... We are in for a huge treat! 

Thank you Cavalex for all your time & effort on these & keep up the fantastic work. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, RBE said:

They are but I will have to get back to you on that.

thank you! not massively worried if their not included on DCC ready models if I'm honest as personally I wouldn't use them much. but if they are there id like to get them working for the few times I would use them etc :)

• RMweb Premium

I'm very pleased with my two Cavalex Class 56 models. 56 008 did benefit from clicking one of the bogie tower covers back into place (thank you for the guidance on how to do that). Now they both run silently. I love the packaging, particularly the use of a stand which they were screwed too. Both of them arrived without any damage to any of the beautiful detail. I also appreciate how easy it is to remove the body, should I need to add drivers.

A great model, and I look forward to the class 60.

IMG_1450.jpg.46c865da046fe6644a58e815ab5b5198.jpg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

35 minutes ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

thank you! not massively worried if their not included on DCC ready models if I'm honest as personally I wouldn't use them much. but if they are there id like to get them working for the few times I would use them etc :)

They do work, 100%. Just don't know the AUX at the mo. Will update when I get chance to play with the set up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

It’s interesting that most of the sound version are sold out . Thats £300 worth of toys …cost of living crisis ?….nah people will always find a way to get the GOODIES ….;)

The hobby is doomed you know!  No one is interested! 😜

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Whilst fitting some buffer beam pipes to both of mine, I noticed that glue is unnecessary as they are all a snug, push fit! Not often that happens,

no faffing about opening out the holes needed here, just excellent quality engineering.

This makes removal of the detail easy in the future should anyone wish.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Whilst fitting some buffer beam pipes to both of mine, I noticed that glue is unnecessary as they are all a snug, push fit! Not often that happens,

no faffing about opening out the holes needed here, just excellent quality engineering.

This makes removal of the detail easy in the future should anyone wish.

Just about to do mine so good to know 👍

T-T

• Like 1

Hopefully,  my 56 will be arriving Thursday in Colas Rail Freight livery to accompany the pre-ordered Accurascale Colas 37 with Hattons Rail Treatment train sandwiched in-between!...

...And they say the hobby's dead!?...No, just a more discerning approach, in my case as a novice!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, rob D2 said:

But it always pays to buy quality….

I have just got two sound fitted 56s, have five SLW 25s on order along with a whole bunch of Accurascale locos. However, the cost of living situation means all the lesser models I would have got, and most Rule 1 purchases, have gone.

Net spend is probably down 10-15%, number of locos significantly reduced. Enjoyment? Probably just as great thanks to locos like the 56. 

Roy

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Showing my ignorance here, can somebody point me in the right direction of colours for the Modelu CavAlex 56 90's locomotive crew please?

I've a 56 070 winging it's way to me, and have just ordered the crew.

Looking quickly at Google, the classic-uniformed Bachmann ones look to be bearably acceptable as well - I've a few of these who can fill in in the meantime.

Another question - sorry.  Which is the #1 end please?  I seem to be seeing more people putting the fan end as #1, is this correct?

Thanks,

Al.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Dicky L said:

Good to see the sector logos can be removed without too much difficulty, I look forward to seeing your big T version. Do you have any particular loco in mind for that?

I was very impressed how strong the backing colours held up to the debranding, it’s always a leap of faith with a new model type but it didn’t disappoint 😂  I used to remember the harrowing sheer panic from renumbering in the old Lima days when the yellow base plastic used to start appearing through the bodyshell 🤣

I’ve bought a couple of different ‘56’ releases so far, this one will be a Transrail but I’ll keep the identity a fun surprise for when it gets the full Workbench unveiling in a little while! 

It’ll be on my thread when the final paintwork has dried..!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Showing my ignorance here, can somebody point me in the right direction of colours for the Modelu CavAlex 56 90's locomotive crew please?

I've a 56 070 winging it's way to me, and have just ordered the crew.

Looking quickly at Google, the classic-uniformed Bachmann ones look to be bearably acceptable as well - I've a few of these who can fill in in the meantime.

Another question - sorry.  Which is the #1 end please?  I seem to be seeing more people putting the fan end as #1, is this correct?

Thanks,

Al.

Number 1 end is generally regarded as the fan end of single engined loco's

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, James Makin said:

I was very impressed how strong the backing colours held up to the debranding, it’s always a leap of faith with a new model type but it didn’t disappoint 😂  I used to remember the harrowing sheer panic from renumbering in the old Lima days when the yellow base plastic used to start appearing through the bodyshell 🤣

I’ve bought a couple of different ‘56’ releases so far, this one will be a Transrail but I’ll keep the identity a fun surprise for when it gets the full Workbench unveiling in a little while! 

It’ll be on my thread when the final paintwork has dried..!

I will watch with interest. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi everyone

It's great seeing the 56 out there in people's hands! I thought I’d do an update on our stock and what we’ve been up to since our delivery on Friday. 

Current orders:

Firstly thank you for your business - we appreciate that we’re a new name and a bit of an unknown company but you have to start somewhere! Thank you for your patience as we get things mailed, we’ve sent 100+ so far. 

• We’ve shipped all our paid preorders, so they should either be delivered or with DPD. We had a slight delay getting them to pick up from us so we sent a load through the post office (still DPD). If your tracking status shows it’s dropped at a pickup shop that’s likely us putting it there rather than they’ve delivered it to a shop (unless you’ve requested that via them).
  • Orders from Friday and Saturday are shipped also.
  • Sunday and today’s orders are either shipped or will go tomorrow morning.
  • We have a few preorders that haven’t been paid - we’ll chase up on those but if you have an order with us and we haven’t been in touch, please give us a shout.

New orders:

Our stock levels are tied to the site, so things go out of stock in real time.

🔊 Sound: 

We’ve currently sold out of 091 (DCR), 049 (Colas), 008 (BR blue), 074 (Coal), 070 (BR Blue).

As of this morning 30th Jan we have the rest in stock in sound - 120 (Blue large logo), 077 (RF) & the Railtour pair are running low and the rest are between 5-10. 

DCC ready:

Currently all versions in stock - Colas, DCR and BR blue will probably be first to sell out. 

The range is here - https://ultimatemodelrailways.com/collections/cavalex-grid-class-56

Holding until pay day!

A few people have reached out about this - we can hold stuff for a few days. First step is to create an account here and then drop us an email (hello@ultimatemodelrailways.com) and we can set up an order for you. 

thanks - Elliot @ UMR 

Edited by Ultimate Model Railways
updated stock after a rush last night!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Most people want DCC nowadays and if you want sound its normally more economical to buy the factory version. In terms of budget I get the impression that people are not spending as often, its taken a couple of years for these to turn up so the money is spent over a longer period of time. Once the price of a single loco regularly gets above £300 then that might be a bit harder to swallow in one go for customers. We'll see, I said earlier in the thread that these are selling well because Cavalex are providing the customers with what they want. We've had a few let downs from some manufacturers in the last couple of years. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ultimate Model Railways said:

Hi everyone

It's great seeing the 56 out there in people's hands! I thought I’d do an update on our stock and what we’ve been up to since our delivery on Friday. 

Current orders:

Firstly thank you for your business - we appreciate that we’re a new name and a bit of an unknown company but you have to start somewhere! Thank you for your patience as we get things mailed, we’ve sent 100+ so far. 

• We’ve shipped all our paid preorders, so they should either be delivered or with DPD. We had a slight delay getting them to pick up from us so we sent a load through the post office (still DPD). If your tracking status shows it’s dropped at a pickup shop that’s likely us putting it there rather than they’ve delivered it to a shop (unless you’ve requested that via them).
  • Orders from Friday and Saturday are shipped also.
  • Sunday and today’s orders are either shipped or will go tomorrow morning.
  • We have a few preorders that haven’t been paid - we’ll chase up on those but if you have an order with us and we haven’t been in touch, please give us a shout.

New orders:

Our stock levels are tied to the site, so things go out of stock in real time.

Sound: 

We’ve currently sold out of 091 (DCR), 049 (Colas), 008 (BR blue). As of this evening we have 074 (Coal) x5, 070 (BR Blue) x2, and the rest are somewhere between 5 and 10 in stock. 

DCC ready:

Currently all versions in stock - Colas, DCR and BR blue will probably be first to sell out. 

The range is here - https://ultimatemodelrailways.com/collections/cavalex-grid-class-56

Holding until pay day!

A few people have reached out about this - we can hold stuff for a few days. First step is to create an account here and then drop us an email (hello@ultimatemodelrailways.com) and we can set up an order for you. 

thanks - Elliot @ UMR 

Is the twin pack DCC sound factory fitted for £579?

thanks