Bachmann announce NEW Class 47

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, pheaton said:

no deluxe ones?

The Rails email is saying these are the ones coming in and available to order. The delux versions are sold out with Rails at least - seems the same at most of the online dealers. Not bothered about spinning fans and tinted glass myself :)

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

Received my class 47 today from Rainbow Railways. Top service and customer satisfaction .

They even sent it on 24 hrs delivery via  APC. Everything about the model is superb. Glad i got the deluxe version as well. Fans and window tints are definitely worth the extra money. Very impressed compared to the previus model. 

Edited by Krieghoff
amended windows to reflect window tinting
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 hours ago, wairoa said:

Just out of curiosity did BR change the windscreens on the Class 47 over the course of their lifetimes to windows without the glazing? 

Do you mean "tinting" rather than glazing ?

The purple haze in class 47 windscreens was a foil between the sheets of glass for the demister,  I am guessing the windscreen spec was changed.  

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Collected 47375 today from Tennents Trains. Only had time to run it in so far, so no comparisons yet. The fans work very well and slow done really nicely. The glazing does look strange, but it's obviously correct. Will see if I can get a few photos tomorrow, but someone may beat me to it. PS The bogies look great.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, Covkid said:

Do you mean "tinting" rather than glazing ?

The purple haze in class 47 windscreens was a foil between the sheets of glass for the demister,  I am guessing the windscreen spec was changed.  

Ah thankyou. Yes, I was meaning the tinting. 

On 15/12/2021 at 19:08, wairoa said:

Just out of curiosity did BR change the windscreens on the Class 47 over the course of their lifetimes to windows without the glazing? 

Would have been a tad draughty for the crew.....

Edited by blueeighties
  • Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Happy in some ways that my local emporium has sold out of two tone sound fitted so I have no excuse to tell Mrs P I'm 'just nipping out Xmas shopping'

Probably just as well as she correctly identified each of my parcel deliveries  this week as 'a loco shaped box, a DVD shaped package and 'books from Strathwood' - they know more about what we're buying than we think :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Happy in some ways that my local emporium has sold out of two tone sound fitted so I have no excuse to tell Mrs P I'm 'just nipping out Xmas shopping'

Probably just as well as she correctly identified each of my parcel deliveries  this week as 'a loco shaped box, a DVD shaped package and 'books from Strathwood' - they know more about what we're buying than we think :biggrin_mini2:

A road most of us have travelled I know. I wonder what drives us to turn us into such deceitful b#####s.? Just musing that’s all 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

stop it guys ! just buy the damn thing and if she does n't like it she knows where the door is ...

man up !

I would STARVE TO DEATH lol. Or at least die from ready meal poisoning!

Seriously tho - we need our other halves ladies and gentlemen in more ways than we can imagine. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4