• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Are we there yet .............? 

Well yes!

I have today confirmed that parking will be available in the off road car park under the "Bath Brewery" building of Fielden Clegg and Bradley, the large building just below Tollbridge Studios. Drivers should go down the hill past the building and then turn immediately left into the car park, which is large, secure and goes under the main building in a suitably funky and architect-ish way.

This is very kindly provided by courtesy of Rob Thorpe, one of the owners of the building. Thank you very much Rob.

Here is a picture looking towards the parking (I will have opened the door)

download.jpg.e7f70a6d44df51951d53e6dd8e100091.jpg

I have also today confirmed that we have a free minibus operating between Tollbridge Studios and the show in Larkhall throughout the day. The two sites are about a mile apart, also a nice walk if you prefer.

This is arranged through the very good offices and kindness of Brian Wright from the Westinghouse Model Railway club in Chippenham, to whom we are very grateful. Brian is himself the driver.

I think the first "service" will start from Tollbridge Studios at about 10.30, then run "as required" through the day, with breaks for lunch and also for Brian to enjoy the show too.

So - all set!

The car park is pretty big, there will be lots of space, and I have some really good offers on books in "da shoffice" at Tollbridge Studios - so come on down!!

Thank you to everyone who is assisting and contributing, Jerry and I look forward to seeing lots of people!

Edited by Not Jeremy
punctuation
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Are we there yet .............? 

....... and with Simon organising car parking and transport links I headed south over the border into Dorset to my personal baker, my big sister, to pick up a consignment of cakes - Victoria sponge, Lemon drizzle and fruit cakes in both regular and gluten free varieties. 

Hoorah!!

Jerry

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, queensquare said:

....... and with Simon organising car parking and transport links I headed south over the border into Dorset to my personal baker, my big sister, to pick up a consignment of cakes - Victoria sponge, Lemon drizzle and fruit cakes in both regular and gluten free varieties. 

Hoorah!!

Jerry

Gor blimey, Guvnor ! There's a feast an' no mistake ! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Not Jeremy said:

You’ll be paying for it mind….

Oh..........betta pick a pocket or two......

• Funny 1

Up early this morning, sick with excitement for Saturday! 

The cake, tea and sandwiches sound great for the day.  

Just burning the midnight (lamp) oil - substantially completing my Scratchbuilt 0 gauge Croatian railways General Motors diesel loco which will appear Saturday. At times I’ve questioned myself why not do a BR diesel layout with some lovely Dapol and Heljan products - but no, I’ll make things hard for myself ! It won’t be weathered in time for Sat, but I’ll happily share experience building the thing.

Right away driver. Until Saturday. Paul 

7A62312A-9002-47BD-B494-C8F270410AEC.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

You’ll be paying for it mind….

It’s what currency was created for!

To top it off once I’ve enjoyed the delights on offer in Larkhall I will be trundling back to spend the late afternoon being further illuminated by Professor Alice Roberts at the local Archeology Festival. 

Alice being an expert on cake too

6A7CD102-B250-4373-AEA3-708E234BDA6A.jpeg.db12d8b969c978721c5a62e920ad9fa2.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Rob Curnow said:

Layer cake as well.  Could it be a new recipe called Jurassic Slice.

Mesozoic cake as it’s three layers are Cretaceous, Jurassic and Triassic 😉

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Ah Paul; In my world they are the names of wonderful 2foot gauge Peckett locomotives at Southam cement works! ;o) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

And just like the cliffs in this part of the world which keep gravitating towards the beach below, it should have a nice crumbly texture...mmm! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/06/2022 at 14:04, Not Jeremy said:

I can't help feel that the joys of retail therapy in our hobby are less inclined towards "bappery" and somewhat closer to the atmosphere in this crop from an old picture from David Hyde's collection, a GW official and likely taken at Hanwell or West Drayton.

1118421345_Bookbuyers.thumb.jpg.4a599316f1136bebf95667b05f6ebd47.jpg

Book sales at the show will be taking place at the new Wild Swan "shoffice" at 4 Tollbridge Studios. We will have a free minibus running between here and the show, not least as free off street parking is available to show visitors at the Tollbridge site, postcode BA1 7DE.

There will also be special offers on a wide range of quality non wild Swan titles during the event, together with some attractive "complete set" offers on several Wild swan titles.

I am also hoping to launch a brand new small layout design book from Wild Swan at the show, which has just today been approved for printing.

Apologies for shameless plug, do feel free to continue with bappery, layouts or whatever...

And just what is that bloke second from the right doing or saying?

Just catching up but for the record (do they still make records?) that is West Drayton and the persons standing there appear to be awaiting a train on the Up Relief Line.  Is there any sort of message being conveyed by the posters which refer to discounts of 50-75% on books?

Back to trying to interpret the Bath omnibus timetables 🤪.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 20/07/2022 at 18:59, Not Jeremy said:

I have also today confirmed that we have a free minibus operating between Tollbridge Studios and the show in Larkhall throughout the day. The two sites are about a mile apart, also a nice walk if you prefer.

This is arranged through the very good offices and kindness of Brian Wright from the Westinghouse Model Railway club in Chippenham, to whom we are very grateful. Brian is himself the driver.

If anyone reading this wants a lift from Chippenham in the morning please message me

• RMweb Gold

Less than 24hrs to go.

Trying not to get over excited as I will undoubtedly be sick. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Less than 24hrs to go.

Trying not to get over excited as I will undoubtedly be sick. 

Rob. 

Maybe you should lay off the jelly and ice cream....

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Maybe you should lay off the jelly and ice cream....

Ewe-sheep-1-01.jpeg.93e2a9c9d9732ae0d30eb4ad99387772.jpeg

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry it's a bit late, but I had to eat something before I faded away.....

Ever the consummate photographic subject, Here is Cap'n Kernow, John Farmer and Dave Spencer in front of Dave's very nice  Woodside.

IMG_2815.jpg.41a84b5c477fcc331c1e036a7e842efb.jpg

The good Captain's own masterpiece had been suitably protected against chemical attack, light, dust, fingers and fifth columnists by the time I snapped it.

Apparently Maddie is going to put a gusset in his drapes - no don't, really, I didn't like to ask.....

IMG_2818.jpg.5fbe8d673402f36cede92bf77d7eff07.jpg

Here we see Dennis and Annette setting up "Black Rock" in the main hall. Poor Dennis had come straight from work in the quarry control room, but was nonetheless remarkably sparing in his use of "industrial language". We had a bit of a giggle remembering their Dad Chris who built the trams, apparently he was never anywhere to be seen when setting up, so nothing had changed there(!)

IMG_2821.jpg.1ab0666d5c5061b1f4f4a5f41c261533.jpg

And a bit of a big train bonus, Andrew and Rory Vines setting up the boards for a new G1 layout project to be displayed, complete with authentic sound chipped hydraulics - knee trembling times ahead....

IMG_2825.jpg.05555cbc1d976eaae2a2b09c8e6e4c8b.jpg

And finally, Rich Phipp's lovely "Watchmouth Railway" display, partially set up. I have to confess, I am particularly looking forward to seeing this tomorrow when it is completed, a wonderful piece of artisan endeavour and imagination.

IMG_2827.jpg.2aa411eff49bbb7f7a6c18e180148cad.jpg

A tiring but very nice evening in the company of friends, with the prospect of much more to come tomorrow.

Richard - have you got that Broad Gauge locomotive steaming yet?

C7YKaKGWwAAGtX5.jpeg.2c6c5a87fdd10e569ecf917a7c33fbf9.jpeg

See you tomorrow!

Edited by Not Jeremy
Bigger Bathsheba
  • Like 13

Just for anyone who doesn't notice the sign 8ft up at an awkward angle, the parking at the hall is max 2 hours and there is a warden about. Plenty of un-restricted parking on the local roads though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1