• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Well, the meeting went well, everything fits and we have got a great line up for you all! And passing back through Westbury the new staff uniforms are something to behold…..

73CBF43A-82EA-4046-A8A7-5988EF190E8E.jpeg

Mamma Mia ! I think Fernando on the left could have made more of an effort........

• Funny 3

31 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

another town, another train...

Is it a good idea to admitting to knowing that lyric...    (Ouch! that bullet hurt as it removed a couple of Tarsals).

• RMweb Gold

Flying the 009 flag we have Dave "the Gas" Simpson with Wisteria Collop - its an annagram, free slice of cake to the first person to get the correct answer (just remember this is a family site!!).

Since giving up the much missed Gas Cupboard model shop Dave has gone undercover and now sports an enormous beard. See if you can spot him on the 23rd.

Jerry

wisteriacollop009_nevardmedia01.thumb.jpg.35c20524358fb9e185eb1c66d04c7964.jpgwisteriacollop009_nevardmedia04.thumb.jpg.cbe64097ae2604f10823fc0db1e18b3d.jpgwisteriacollop009_nevardmedia02.thumb.jpg.2929c01614fade387401d2a1fb25d8a9.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Peco, Ratio & Wills

..... you might have waited until we had some amusing but wrong answers ........ ive a good mind to bring a packet of Jaffa cakes along!! 😀😄

Jerry

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, queensquare said:

..... you might have waited until we had some amusing but wrong answers ........ ive a good mind to bring a packet of Jaffa cakes along!! 😀😄

Jerry

Sorry Jerry.......

Chris

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, queensquare said:

....... ive a good mind to bring a packet of Jaffa cakes along!! 😀😄

Jerry

Jaffa cakes are really biscuits . . 

55 minutes ago, queensquare said:

you might have waited until we had some amusing but wrong answers .

There you go 😇

21 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Jaffa cakes are really biscuits . . 

Legally they aren't. Biscuits go soft if you leave them, cakes go hard.  Jaffa Cakes go hard, which is why they should be scoffed quickly.

Also, the Coop Jaffa cakes are much nicer than McVitties.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Legally they aren't. Biscuits go soft if you leave them, cakes go hard.  Jaffa Cakes go hard, which is why they should be scoffed quickly.

Also, the Coop Jaffa cakes are much nicer than McVitties.

There is a Coop just across the road from the show, just to the right of the pub in this snap of the Larkhall Inn.

The show entrance is on the left of the pub, past the bus stop in the below picture.

DSCN9275.thumb.JPG.2aa262367a2a14057c9764e65dbcc60d.JPG

And we absolutely guarantee that it will not be snowing on the 23rd July, in Larkhall...

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Not Jeremy said:

There is a Coop just across the road from the show, just to the right of the pub in this snap of the Larkhall Inn.

The show entrance is on the left of the pub, past the bus stop in the below picture.

DSCN9275.thumb.JPG.2aa262367a2a14057c9764e65dbcc60d.JPG

And we absolutely guarantee that it will not be snowing on the 23rd July, in Larkhall...

I made the mistake of ordering a coffee in there once, needless to say, once the landlady had picked herself up off the floor I had a long wait whilst they figured out how the kettle worked.

• Funny 3

12 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

I made the mistake of ordering a coffee in there once, needless to say, once the landlady had picked herself up off the floor I had a long wait whilst they figured out how the kettle worked.

Aye, the cashier in my local Co-op struggles with the kettle. Nice buns though.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Yes, I know what you mean - I sometimes think that in that wonderful pub we have our own little bit of Radstock here on the east side of Bath🤣

Tricky stuff that elastictrickery mind....

As regards the Coop I have just been served by the estimable Vince, although following up on Porcy's post my personalised offers didn't come through and so I have just paid ten shillings more than I should have for for both my John Wests and cheddar cheese. Oh well, into each life a little rain must fall....

More relevant to this thread I also bumped into my old friend Nigel Lassman who has volunteered to help us on the door at Larkrail. He is another local legend, I first met him 50 years ago in the scouts, when he was ahead of us all in scratch building his wagon bodies on Playcraft chassises. A really nice bloke and full of information about the local area - he'll be in the pub with us later on for sure....

Edited by Not Jeremy
To add even more irrelevant detail...
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, queensquare said:

More attractions, this time Rob Owst's minimum space essay in 7mm, Peasevern Yard. Like many of us, Rob expanded over lockdown - he was due to come in 2020 with a 4mm layout!

Jerry

20211120_182031.thumb.jpg.dcd2b9a536581cad2452e8f4989e3652.jpg20211120_174514.thumb.jpg.b06d2aba4defea71fce8357691045cc5.jpg20211120_173336.thumb.jpg.ec3a2bb4dfa92c20890bd32c7ff2b1e1.jpg20220129_153611.thumb.jpg.84707cc2af80448a01a9d5bafb1e3000.jpg

• Funny 1