36 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Those boys have worked through the bank holidays to get this done.

I hope their work ethic qualifies them from free cakes if they turn up at New Oriel Hall on the 23rd.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Completeing the 2mm lineup is the innimitable John Greenwood  with his little Diamond Jubilee Challenge layout complete with Weetabix wharehouses - seen here some while ago. The DJLC challenge stipulated a maximum size of 2' foot x 9.42 inches with at least one working point - typically John has squeezed a few more than that in!

IMG-20190427-WA0005.jpg.e5503538e5ab5c27888a1cd30d8c0fbb.jpg

IMG_E6743.thumb.JPG.f3174e07081d90a5f8d8b09c10c0a889.JPG

He will also be bringing up a selection of whatever he is currently working on. Last time I visited John these little beauties were on his bench

Jerry

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Amongst an impressive array of demonstrators is Giles Favell who will be bringing along a selection of his ingenious radio controlled models. These are not just great fun but, as the pictures show, also beautifully finished. You could even pick up a copy of Giles new book if you havent already bought it!

Jerry

562700382_BagnallAshanti.thumb.jpg.910589c959b7995e23fb816fb3f4bba0.jpg1559936870_Austin7.thumb.jpg.13fe2aa0138ffca77a97b044e3186ec8.jpgTE1.thumb.jpg.33d41fbc201f2b55ac6924c19994b9fc.jpg

562700382_BagnallAshanti.thumb.jpg.910589c959b7995e23fb816fb3f4bba0.jpg

92F5A0A8-805A-4833-8AD3-D8402BF9353A.thumb.jpeg.d3f23c93fa4c7e0ec665b05b86f7c74e.jpeg

Fork Lift.jpg

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Upwatch Works is Rich Phipp's characterful model of the "Swindon" of the Watchmouth Railway, a little known concern in deepest Dorset.

Rich has found several relics from this lost enterprise, which he is also hoping to bring along on the 23rd.

959916318_1-WatchmouthRailwayrelics.jpg.d6e20cbdb545f3bf9fe69cfd483a807b.jpg

He is also hoping to acquire a season ticket (damaged) that Gabriel Oak used after his marriage to Bathsheba Everdene/Troy, an incredibly rare survival of a type of ticket that few folk who used the railway were able to afford.

Some of the treasures so far collected are a finger sign to Netherwatch station, a flyer for a new excursion saloon, two parcels waybills, a policeman's truncheon, a watercolour of the first railway policeman on the WR, a guard's flag, a wagon plate from Upwatch Works and finally a framed item from 'Punch' deploring the standards of service on the Watchmouth Railway.

Oh Gabriel, I wish you'd tuck your shirt in.....

Bathsheba.jpg.3a9f7df3982115c1c2e12a8d436440c2.jpg

Simon

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

, which he is also hoping to bring along on the 23rd.

Bathsheba.jpg.3a9f7df3982115c1c2e12a8d436440c2.jpg

Simon

Is it just me or is Simon is wishfully thinking of somethingone else who might come along . . . 

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Bathsheba.jpg.3a9f7df3982115c1c2e12a8d436440c2.jpg.9f865bbc6c275347a1e18f072a072801.jpg

"What, by everything that is sacred, is that damn sheep doing now ! "

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Michael Crofts said:

I can' find a website with details of Larkrail 2022 - I have searched - is there one?

No, not as such, I usually mention it on my website etc - now there's an idea!

That said you hopefully have enough information on the show from the sensible bits of this thread....

It is definitely taking place, final floor plan tweaking is scheduled for Monday and I even have a cunning plan for tickets....

Simon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

It is definitely taking place, final floor plan tweaking is scheduled for Monday and I even have a cunning plan for tickets....

As cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

On 31/03/2022 at 23:02, Not Jeremy said:

One of the many attractions on July 23rd will be two stunning models of "Active" and "Bulldog" in 1/32 scale, together with their builders Steve Harrod and Andrew Vines. These were both built from Fred Phipps' kits.

Thanks, I found the details I needed.

I'm kind of uncertain whether I actually want to meet kit-built modellers. They might have a screw loose, or a part missing, or something.

• Funny 4

46 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

track’s a bit weedy…..

It looks full strength 110lb flat bottom to my eyes. As for them green things, could it be that the present temporary imports to that part of the world have taken the only available free space to experiment with growing some full strength "tobaccy" plants?

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

As for them green things

The ones you want to look out for are the tomato plants growing in the four foot in stations, right in the location where the toilets had been flushed.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

toilets had been flushed

Hmmmm, tasty!  So can we get back to the days of "Do not use the toilet while the train is standing in the station"?  

Just to be sure; in the event of a tank overflow you understand.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

Westbury the new staff uniforms are something to behold…..

You sure that's not the trial run for the meet & greeters for Larkrail 2022?

or could it be they've been experimenting with flora & fauna of the p. way?

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

After ploughing through the weeds of Westbury and climbing Upton bank the Larkrail special emerged into the sunlit uplands of Warminster. After a tour of the  veg garden and rebuilt shed the steering committee held a successful summit meeting where, to our great relief, we concluded everything would fit! Hoorah !!

Jerry

61B13124-7FD4-45C5-AD80-C0DFA7399B47.thumb.jpeg.77d791a408f9c489ed1c07a94f010d88.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

It looks full strength 110lb flat bottom to my eyes. As for them green things, could it be that the present temporary imports to that part of the world have taken the only available free space to experiment with growing some full strength "tobaccy" plants?

Radstock is prime tobacco growing country.  Started by the miners (I believe) who had access to all the kit needed to ferment and dry the leaves.  Funny 'cos the whole place stinks of weed these days 😷 

Edited by Tim Dubya
Thatcher's Vintage (and on a Monday an' all).
  • Informative/Useful 2

16 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Started by the miners

That'll be reet.

Just cos it's getting harder to find a good twist of Kendal Black Bogies.

Edited by Porcy Mane
A mere half of draught Guinness mixed into another half of Brothers Toffee Apple cider.
  • Like 1