Graham Farish 2021 Winter announcements

AY Mod

6 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

There is a similar difference between two 08s, one blue and one green - no licensing there.  I've a feeling a price increase has gone through.

The blue one is weathered. Aren't weathered examples usually a bit more? e.g. LMS brake van.

Edited by csiedmo

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, JR_P said:

Are we not due a ‘Spring 22’ announcement in the next two (or three) weeks?!

Have they actually delivered anything this quarter?!

'Yes' and 'Not a lot' respectively...

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, JR_P said:

Have they actually delivered anything this quarter?!

It would be untrue to say that they have delivered nothing this quarter. They have delivered the new and very expensive 6 pin decoder announced at the beginning of November. They have also delivered a couple of TTA's and some inspection saloons (announced at the beginning of August. 

3 minutes ago, grahame said:

The TTAs and inspection saloons a pretty old models now having been around and available for many years. Presumably those recently delivered are in new/different liveries not seen before.

Inspection Saloon is BR Maroon!

Maybe it is the black ends that is new

• RMweb Premium

I've now gone to Bachmann's own website to see what has or has not arrived. 

Of the 10 rolling stock items announced for N, none have arrived, with these having either an April/May or May/June arrival date some 6-8 months after arrival and not the promised 3 months (there is one exception to this and the arrival date for this item is Feb/March)

new items set to land on shelves in the next three months - https://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2021/11/british-railway-announcements-winter-2021/

The Lilliput Lane models, sorry n gauge scene craft buildings have been well served, with only 1 of the 9 announced models not arriving this quarter. 

The view from 00 land is also middling. Of the 30 items of rolling stock announced 18 have arrived.

OO gauge scene craft buildings have also faired well with 21 out of 21 items arriving on time. 

OO9 modellers however have been well served with 100% of the advertised models arriving on time. 

I'm sure that we will soon be told that there is an excuse for this failure to deliver on very meagre promises - Yes Covid rates did increase, but does covid disproportionally affect those assembling N Gauge items I wonder?* The power rationing has been going on since September so should have been taken account of when the list was released. 

Bachmann quarterly announcements see evermore pointless and disappointing. 

*I do realise that Kadar probably pulled the production of these n gauge models to concentrate on more profitable models. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, grahame said:

The TTAs and inspection saloons a pretty old models now having been around and available for many years. Presumably those recently delivered are in new/different liveries not seen before.

They did the blue grey version of the inspection saloon before. 

19 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Inspection Saloon is BR Maroon!

BR marron is one of the inspection saloon liveries that the NGS still has in stock. And no doubt for sale at a much lower price.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, grahame said:

BR marron is one of the inspection saloon liveries that the NGS still has in stock. And no doubt for sale at a much lower price.

I am sure it's the one I have too, with black ends, I'd have to dig it out of the stock box, I'm blue grey at the moment on the railway.

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, grahame said:

Weren't the china clay JIAs displayed at TINGS last year in a decorated finished and weathered state? They must be due for delivery very soon. 

They were indeed. They were due October/November IIRC. 

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, grahame said:

Weren't the china clay JIAs displayed at TINGS last year in a decorated finished and weathered state? They must be due for delivery very soon. 

Showing as March/ April delivery. 

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if they fixed the artwork, they were still using the incorrect font on the Imerys logo, as they did on the OO gauge one. I expect that from Dapol, but not Farish!

The pristine ones looked great I thought, but the weathered ones miss the mark for me. 

• Like 2

On 18/01/2022 at 20:48, TomE said:

Wednesday 2nd February for the Spring announcements, I understand. 

Tom. 

Thanks Tom, albeit the whole quarterly announcement thing seems to be going a bit pear-shaped with the 03 and 04s now being listed for Q2.

As with last quarter I am not going to get myself too excited, I expect the meagre pickings to continue. I'd be happy with sensible dates for the existing "Awaiting" announcements TBH.

Roy

• Agree 2

On 20/01/2022 at 07:57, njee20 said:

The pristine ones looked great I thought, but the weathered ones miss the mark for me. 

I was quite impressed with the weathered ones. Good job we don't all like the same thing. At least you won't be buying them all up and causing a shortage (if they do actually arrive before we all pass on).

;-)

DSC02253cropred.jpg.72566cee42846d48125997f2ef3b3b5a.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I definitely won’t as I printed my own 2 years ago ;)

image.jpeg.beff803b780b1660e46282ff5c4e53ef.jpeg

I’m sure the weathered ones are accurate for a very short period, and I applaud Farish for not just doing the all over waft of brown, but much like the silver bullets the way in which the JIAs get dirty is very distinctive. Notably they take on an entirely brown hue, but the lettering still remains visible. With the OO gauge ones Kernow obliterated the lettering with a heavy, almost black, layer. I’d love to have seen something more akin to the Dapol ICA, with a brown base with decals and spilling applied to that; not even bothering with the blue. 

• Like 1

On 19/01/2022 at 16:51, Kris said:

I

I'm sure that we will soon be told that there is an excuse for this failure to deliver on very meagre promises - Yes Covid rates did increase, but does covid disproportionally affect those assembling N Gauge items I wonder?*

It would appear that Covid affects smaller workers disproportionately more, hence N-gauge stuff takes longer to appear. 

No doubt someone will believe it.....

Les

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, bluedepot said:

are efe making the pba clay wagons in n gauge?

tim

Unless they are in development/tooling/production and haven’t been publicly announced yet then the answer is “no”. I know I am not the only person who would love to see them produced in N. I hope it’s just a matter of time…