Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

Paul

My understanding is that the suffix wasn't introduced for several years - 1951 rings a bell - as that is when BR standard stock began to be introduced. The suffix indicated where the vehicle would be maintained, so as some pre-nat designs began to be used by other regions they received the new prefix, but the old suffix to show where maintenance and spares would be available. 

Paul

Thanks for that Paul, that makes perfect sense. In 1948, all inherited stock was Grouping and it would be several years before BR standard stock entered service and needed differentiation.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Not Jeremy said:

John is a hugely knowledgeable individual who also had an input into this wonderful suite of models from Accurascale. A real gentleman, it is a privilege and joy to work with him.

My sentiments exactly Simon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Palethorpes Cambridge ( but made in Tipton ) sausage wagon any takers ? 

Are we talking about the erstwhile Lima version in both OO and N which I believe was a work of fiction.  As far as I understand it Palethorpes liveried vehicles were predominantly LMS designed vehicles apart from 2801 and 2802 which "6 wheel sausage vans" but with GWR axleboxes springs etc. These two vans appear to have worked the Palethorpes service between their loading platform at Sedgeley Jn and Cardiff via Stourbridge and Worcester. 

Welcome any factual evidence of prototypes for the Lima mdoels  

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

I say happily as Wild Swan are shortly to publish a very detailed book on the subject of GWR Siphons, it is a fully corrected, updated and expanded edition of Jack Slinn’s seminal book, written by John Lewis. It will be a large sized hardback to the usual WS format with dust jacket. Heavily  illustrated, including scale drawings and running to over 260 pages, it will cost at least £54.95 to purchase(!)

Will this be out in time for the Railex show @Not Jeremy

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

What a wonderful model this is. The attention to detail in both model itself and application of liveries is incredibly well done and based upon solid research, as Paul’s answers here illustrate so well.

Happily, there appear to be quite large numbers of us who are fascinated by the minutiae and detail of this project.

I say happily as Wild Swan are shortly to publish a very detailed book on the subject of GWR Siphons, it is a fully corrected, updated and expanded edition of Jack Slinn’s seminal book, written by John Lewis. It will be a large sized hardback to the usual WS format with dust jacket. Heavily  illustrated, including scale drawings and running to over 260 pages, it will cost at least £54.95 to purchase(!)

John is a hugely knowledgeable individual who also had an input into this wonderful suite of models from Accurascale. A real gentleman, it is a privilege and joy to work with him.

Simon Castens

Hi Simon,

Any idea on a publishing date yet, please - and will it be possible to place a preorder?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, reddragon said:

It's been a long time since an update on this one, 4 weeks! Must almost be here :)

Are they nearly here yet . . . .?

Hi @reddragon,

Still a couple of weeks to go on the high seas I'm afraid, docking early May. We wish they would hurry up!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @reddragon,

Still a couple of weeks to go on the high seas I'm afraid, docking early May. We wish they would hurry up!

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran, 

How does that compare to the deliveries of the Manors?

Is it worth combining both my orders for the trip to Spain?

Thanks again, Neal.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Thanks Fran, 

How does that compare to the deliveries of the Manors?

Is it worth combining both my orders for the trip to Spain?

Thanks again, Neal.

Hi Neal,

Both will land around the same time by the looks of it, so if you wish to combine just drop us an email with your order numbers.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Neal,

Both will land around the same time by the looks of it, so if you wish to combine just drop us an email with your order numbers.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran, email duly sent.

With the Manors being air freighted in….. should we start to speculate what your next GWR announcement will be? Or when the next GWR announcement will be?

😎

Regards, Neal.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

er ......... 11AM tomorrow p'raps ?

Well, that's as far as I'm prepared to speculate ! 🙂

My money would go on an announcement once the Manors hit the airport tarmac….

Hopefully then Accurascale will announce the long awaited Saint class 4-6-0….. or even the new 0-6-0PT loco in several different variations…. Both of which would sell like the proverbial hot cakes 😎 

In typing the above, I hadn’t seen that Accurascale have just posted this:

E6215D2F-708D-4019-ACFA-EC73560F836B.jpeg.370a3a700a854a4a97c016ee63842265.jpeg

Edited by Neal Ball
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

All this talk of landing and hitting the tarmac, perhaps the announcement is that they will be sold as kits rather than RTR...

and at what stage will its range of model locos be big enough to mean that Accurascale adds main line Mk1s to its range...

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Thanks Fran, email duly sent.

With the Manors being air freighted in….. should we start to speculate what your next GWR announcement will be? Or when the next GWR announcement will be?

😎

Regards, Neal.

How about giving the Southern and the LMS a turn first?

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

On 18/04/2023 at 18:33, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Neal,

Cheers!

Fran 

but presumably still subject to the whims of His Majesty's Customs as to when you get them?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

but presumably still subject to the whims of His Majesty's Customs as to when you get them?

My shipment will be subject to 2 customs inspections…. UK and Spanish…. I ordered both the Manor and the Siphon through the EU site, so hopefully they get posted from Dublin and any EU customs issues should be a breeze!

• Friendly/supportive 5

On 18/04/2023 at 08:45, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @reddragon,

Cheers!

Fran 

Wonderful news Fran. Both for the SIPHON and the Manor.A long wait nearly over.

• Like 1