The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Gold

Fran, many thanks for the photographs. The Siphons look fantastic and all credit to the young Chinese who are making them and doing the fiddly jobs that will make this an outstanding  model. I am so pleased to see that they are working in a well lit and heated environment, a few years ago I saw some photos taken of a model railway production line in China where all the workers were wearing overcoats and the lighting was appalling. Good to see things are improving or you have carefully chosen your manufacturer. Really looking forward to these.

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Perhaps AS could create a feedback to the factory workers page in time to thank them by their new year?

Buying the models is thanks enough :) 

We have 6 wonderful factories who work diligently to maintain and exceed our exacting standards.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Seen in the 2022 review, the boxes for these look quality and they bode well for the final product coming soon.

I can't wait.

734275873_IMG_04563955.jpg.9bd64b7ff5c7ded5e1b1100375a8fd4b.jpg

1412526722_IMG_04573956.jpg.f1f1919eaeeed1835abe135bc4d246ff.jpg

Those are some very pretty boxes!

Are they still on track (huehuehue) for Q1 2023?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

Will the problems in China that have delayed the Cl 37 also delay the arrival of the Siphon Gs?

They are almost ready to ship so we hope not 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...

A late question and may have been discussed earlier but I missed it if it was. It appears that at some point GWR dispensed with painting the roof of siphons to follow the drip line and just painted the whole roof white down to the lower edges. Was there a consistent date this change was made or did it just filter in? 

I got to see the latest test models at Warley and showed them in my YouTube interview with Fran and Steve Nicholls. I can’t wait to get my hands on one in the GWR paint livery.

Edited by Cofga

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Cofga said:

A late question and may have been discussed earlier but I missed it if it was. It appears that at some point GWR dispensed with painting the roof of siphons to follow the drip line and just painted the whole roof white down to the lower edges. Was there a consistent date this change was made or did it just filter in? 

I got to see the latest test models at Warley and showed them in my YouTube with Fran and Steve Nicholls. I can’t wait to get my hands on one in the GWR paint livery.

It would have been done on new-build vans from a certain date but only on existing vans as they passed through works thereafter for overhaul or repairs that necessitated painting the roof.

So very much a case of filtering in. 

The two styles would have coexisted for almost as long as the overhaul cycle of the vehicles in question, i.e., until all carrying the earlier style had received works attention. 

IIRC, Southern NPCCS only received full overhauls (when they would definitely get painted) every ten years. I know not of corresponding GWR practices, but probably not wildly different.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Quite pleased that I have now finished both the Siphon J and 70ft M13 van which are going to be ending up in the same set as my O59 and M34 siphons, really looking forward to their arrival now! 

Yes, I’m just finishing a Shire Scenes Siphon C etched brass kit I picked up at Warley. Looks confusing at first but if you cross your eyes and stare it a while it all starts to come into focus. My concern is they recommend using super glue. However all the info I have seen indicates that super glue bonds start to fail after about 12-18 months. So I picked up a bottle of clear Gorilla Glue and figure this one will outlast me!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

is there any update as to the eta for these?

Hello Rich,

Funnily enough we will have a full, and rather positive, update on these tomorrow. It involves slippers, that's all I will say! 😉

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hello Rich,

Funnily enough we will have a full, and rather positive, update on these tomorrow. It involves slippers, that's all I will say! 😉

Cheers!

Fran 

Sleeper coaches! I wonder which ones?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Please don't tell us @Accurascale Fran that you've given a running sample to Sam's Trains to run on his carpet layout .😀

• Funny 9