Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

4 minutes ago, stationroad said:

It’s all gone a bit quiet with these, I’m assuming we won’t be making Q2 2023 as per the projects page? 

I think I read somehting somewhere that the Class 31s may now be a "phased" delivery (or I may have been dreaming!), but I agree. The project status page is a great source of information but ONLY if it can be kept up to date

I totally accept that some things are unknown, but 2023Q2 is April/May/June in my book, and we're at June 3rd with no imminent news, so it surely does look like they won't be here in the next 3 weeks :(

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Aren’t there still some 37s and the Mk2Bs ahead in the delivery queue, so presumably not coming for a while yet.

We have six factories so no project impacts the timelines of others. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

I appreciate the 37's are very much at the forefront at the moment, however will we be seeing any further decorated samples of the 31's/ a progress update please? 

Chris 

Absolutely :) 

Edited by McC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

Yes indeed. Apologies, I have been under the weather recently but getting back up to speed now. 31 update later this week.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran, wishing you a speedy recovery 👍

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

Yes indeed. Apologies, I have been under the weather recently but getting back up to speed now. 31 update later this week.

Cheers!

Fran 

Take it easy Fran.

Running your own business is hard work (and I speak from experience) and it is easy for it to become all consuming (and again I speak from experience). The hours you all spend replying show that is the case, and at some point you have to take a break.

At the end of the day you have to come first as a person, our models come a very distant second.

Roy

• Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Exciting update, and very insightful the amount of fettling that has to take place on the journey to a perfect 31! 

I'm especially looking forward to the Dutch and creaky old 'Banger Blue' examples which will make for great projects to be modelled in circa 1998 condition and just about clinging onto life by a fine thread 😂

• Like 4

Oh that sound file takes me back to the late 80s watching Railfreight Grey 31s on Speedlink/Grainflow workings and pairs of them on the 30-odd wagon long BIS hoppers to and from Middleton Towers.

On a visit to Nuneaton once (1990s) there were two Petroleum sub sector 31s restarting an oil tanker train, sanding the rails and sparks flying… no doubt you’ll be including those features too at some point! 🤣

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Text
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It was a real shame that these loco’s seemed to sell out overnight with no warning of stocks being low.

I know there is always the possibility of buying through retailers, but personally I prefer to take

advantage of the reward scheme.

btw , models do look amazing !

• RMweb Gold

These are looking, and sounding, amazing.... Looking forward to my Green FYE example arriving. I just need to get my finger out and get some scenery on the layout it's going to run on.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Eddie the dog said:

It was a real shame that these loco’s seemed to sell out overnight with no warning of stocks being low.

I know there is always the possibility of buying through retailers, but personally I prefer to take

advantage of the reward scheme.

btw , models do look amazing !

Preorders open at launch and typically take a year or so to sell out (direct) and with a small deposit or no money down, we try make it as easy as possible to lodge your order right away.

47 minutes ago, newbryford said:

The left handgrille on the model looks odd - as if it has alternate slats in open/closed positions.

Agreed, it's not 100% on these samples, a little more fettle  (updated samples are actually due with us today). 

• RMweb Premium
Just now, McC said:

Agreed, it's not 100% on these samples, a little more fettle  (updated samples are actually due with us today). 

Does it have this bit fettled?

WhatsAppImage2023-06-16at12_02_20.jpg.dec05a7b9f6fbaefcff55712c275d7d8.jpg

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Obviously a sample, by definition, implies a work in progress, although I'm struggling to see what you're pointing at there Mick?

Edited by McC
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

They look fab, especially the one with the fugly toughened windscreen. On thing, might I suggest that the inside of the windscreen apertures be painted black to match the grommets, and stop the yellow showing through the edges of the glazing. It’s a trick I use on FYE locos.

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, McC said:

Obviously a sample, by definition, implies a work in progress, although I'm struggling to see what you're pointing at there Mick?

Quite - I look forward to seeing it incorporated on your model

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Hi Mick,

As you likely know, the first 8 headcode box models were intermingled with skinheads and not standard. 31466 was one of these. It was a stretch too far even for us to tool it as they had slight differences so we have compromised here.

Hope that answers your query.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mick,

As you likely know, the first 8 headcode box models were intermingled with skinheads and not standard. 31466 was one of these. It was a stretch too far even for us to tool it as they had slight differences so we have compromised here.

Hi Fran,

Thank you for the clarification.