RMweb - Change of hosting, missing images - April 2022

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Not a complaint, I'll just not use them, but the new emoji selection is rubbish.  🤢  I think that example can stand for them all!!!

Where's the "Off Topic" one?☹️

Essential on RMWeb 👍

😄

I've made myself a Gold member, so says this: 🥇

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

I have missed "Wright Writes", best thread on here for me. I hope you can get all his (and others) images back on this mighty thread - lots of work gone into many interesting & varied posts on this (and indeed many other) threads.

Anyway, a huge thanks to Andy and no doubt others involved in this huge exercise. It has made me think twice about the robustness (etc) of the web in general, especially in today's troubled times.

Brit15

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, RailroadRich said:

Thanks for getting the site back up & running as much as possible. Losing images from 12 months is not perfect but it's so much better than losing the entire site & community! 

Not directed directly at you but it may only be from sometime in July last year that images have been lost, time will tell

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy et al, so sorry you had this to deal with. Excellent that RMWeb is back, although that probably means that actual modelling time will decrease! Thanks for all your hard work, hope the blood pressure is back to normal.

Bazza

• RMweb Premium

Great to see RMweb back, I've been suffering cold turkey.  Amazing how much time I spend on here but at least the outage and last week's fine weather has given the chance to spruce up the garden and do some actual modelling.

Huge vote of thanks to Andy and the team for all their hard work, as one who knows little about IT apart from how to turn on the PC I can't begin to imagine what a nightmare it must have been.

I should have copies of all my photos so I'll reload where possible over the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Well done Andy and the Team!

One thing I miss, but can live with for a while, is the button at bottom right of the screen that takes you straight up to the top of the page!

The hint of a Silver standard between the basic and the Gold is intriguing, and sounds a good idea.

Keep up the excellent work!

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Sounds like you have had/are having a nightmare with this. Disappointingly, it looks like a majority of the images from my threads have disappeared and not just from the last year - 

Polpendra, every image throughout the thread start to finish

Hobbiton End, from page 7 (July 2013) to date

Ankh Morpork Light Railway threads also seem pretty empty, aaargh!!

This is a mega job is I was to try and scour through and re-attach all the images!!

I am not sure that I can think of appropriate words to use to describe my level of frustration today!!!

A very unhappy

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

One thing I miss, but can live with for a while, is the button at bottom right of the screen that takes you straight up to the top of the page!

Seconded, with knobs on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

War, plague & famine are one thing, but losing RMWeb was a whole different ball game! Glad to have it back, thanks to all involved in restoring it. A years worth of photos lost is a pain, but better than nowt.

Cheers N

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, bridgiesimon said:

Sounds like you have had/are having a nightmare with this. Disappointingly, it looks like a majority of the images from my threads have disappeared and not just from the last year - 

Polpendra, every image throughout the thread start to finish

Hobbiton End, from page 7 (July 2013) to date

Ankh Morpork Light Railway threads also seem pretty empty, aaargh!!

This is a mega job is I was to try and scour through and re-attach all the images!!

I am not sure that I can think of appropriate words to use to describe my level of frustration today!!!

A very unhappy

Simon

It was said earlier in the thread that images more than a year old should appear over the next couple of days as they were still being processed

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Andy Vincent said:

It was said earlier in the thread that images more than a year old should appear over the next couple of days as they were still being processed

Missed that bit my disappointment took over understandably, well fingers crossed for a positive outcome then!

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, tractionman said:

my gold status seems to be in the ether somewhere but hopefully something easily sorted

Brief polish administer pending a proper fix.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1