Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, MJI said:

I am unable to like posts in this thread

There are quite a few threads where I have a similar problem but that's usually down to the content rather than the forum software. I've liked your post, so it must be possible!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MJI said:

I am unable to like posts in this thread

15 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

There are quite a few threads where I have a similar problem but that's usually down to the content rather than the forum software. I've liked your post, so it must be possible!

I can't 'rate' posts in this thread either - I get the message 'Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content'. I can rate posts on the other threads I've visited this pm though. 

I don't know if it's relevant but when I 'hover' the cursor over the [rates received], it normally displays who's clicked what but on this thread it doesn't, just says 'loading' - for 30 seconds or so without displaying any details. 

It's not a problem or a gripe, I'm just saying in the hope it might help track down any technical issues. (I'm using Google Chrome and a PC). 

Edited by The White Rabbit
add 'PC'
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Northroader said:

Hey, you’ve fixed the “activity”, you’re an effin’ genius!! Great!!!

Not for mobiles yet! I now know what's caused it (Invision updates) but not how to recover it without a  lot of rebuilding.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense but I went to the World of Railways site, created an account, paid the £12 etc but when I clicked on the 'integration' link from the top post here and it asked me to login to World of Railways it just keeps coming up with 'You do not have a live World of Railways Plus or RMweb premium membership'.  Does it take a while to register?

• Moderators
Just now, Solo said:

Does it take a while to register?

It should be instantaneous but we did get that error in testing when there was a duplicate email and/or address in the system already.

I can see the transaction completed successfully so I have manually changed your usergroup. Just change the theme at the bottom of the page and you should be done.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It should be instantaneous but we did get that error in testing when there was a duplicate email and/or address in the system already.

I can see the transaction completed successfully so I have manually changed your usergroup. Just change the theme at the bottom of the page and you should be done.

Ah brilliant, seem to have the Gold Seal now....many thanks Andy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

All appeared to work but there's no Premium theme to select, what am I missing. Done the clear history/cookies to the dawn of time and then logged back into RMweb still no good.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

All appeared to work but there's no Premium theme to select, what am I missing. Done the clear history/cookies to the dawn of time and then logged back into RMweb still no good.

Looks like a fail at Step 2 Ian; I've manually switched you over now. Just choose Premium now from the Themes link at the bottom and you should be done.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Hello Andy,

I've now managed to pay for the Premium option, Paypal route wouldn't work yesterday or today but my Credit Card did.

Simarly to @Temeraire I don't seem to have the Premium option to select in the Theme dropdown, I've put it on the W of R theme instead and am not seeing any Ads so not a major issue to me. I'm afraid that I don't know how to 'clear Cookies' on my old Samsung Tablet but will get my son to have a go tonight.

Finally, many thanks for giving us this option, it's greatly appreciated by someone who has virtually stopped turning his telly on and very nearly threw his RM Web towel in .... but couldn't because he enjoys it too much.

Kind regards,

Ian.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just gone premium best £12 spent, well done Andy.

No more cancelling some unknown actresses born this day 30 or 40 times .No more Greek adverts that I never understood.

derek

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, 03060 said:

Simarly to @Temeraire I don't seem to have the Premium option to select in the Theme dropdown

Hopefully I've got that sorted for you now Ian.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/05/2022 at 12:56, phil-b259 said:

Although no doubt Warners will rightly regard the specifics as commerciality sensitive data, in time it would be interesting to see some stats as to how this new offering is performing. While there were more than a few people moaning about the adverts it would be interesting to know how many folk are willing to put money where their mouth is and sign up now the option is there.

Having run adblockers in the past I have now subscribed. Thanks to Andy for persisting in getting this option sorted out for us.

• RMweb Premium

It is great that a lot of the adblocker users are among the first premium pay users.

This shows we are not freeloaders.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I've now got the hamburger menu sorted for mobile users - sort of.

At least I've got the code and placed it somewhere visible but it's not exactly a Big Mac - it's very small, more a 99p job

Until I can work out how the hell to change the size/colour it's just below the blue band in the centre.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

I have just signed up for this option but going into Theme I’m on Default and there’s no option to change so would welcome your assistance please

It should be available for you now Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Andy . Just upgraded and all working well . Many thanks for getting this together , it really makes a difference .  Good value for money too ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

There's also now a simple Navigation links menu at the bottom of every page.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

There's also now a simple Navigation links menu at the bottom of every page.

I seemed unable to 'Like' that post; neither desktop (Win 11 + Firefox) nor phone (Android 1 1 + Firefox).

However, managed to 'Like' using alternative browser on desktop (Win 11 + Brave). I note that Brave isn't in your list of trialled Browsers!

Hope this helps!

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I too cannot like anything in this topic (Firefox on Mac). Other topics, so far, seem OK.

Tried Safari and Opera both on Mac and it works in this topic with no issues.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, AY Mod said:

At least I've got the code and placed it somewhere visible but it's not exactly a Big Mac - it's very small, more a 99p job

Until I can work out how the hell to change the size/colour it's just below the blue band in the centre.

image.png

That looks more like a 9p burger than a 99p one...

😉

• Agree 1