RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Legend said:

I also got a google Pop up ad this morning even though the header says Premium . 

Whilst checking something else I identified a secondary usergroup issue on your login which may have caused this. That should be fixed now.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Can either of you recall which subforum you were in at the time? As mentioned in the OP there are a few subforums (the sponsored ones) which may still show ads pending a fix when one person is back off holiday. I've tested at this end and all seems as I'd expect to see.

It was everywhere I looked, certainly in a couple of the "Skills and Knowledge" sub-fora, and this one, but I can't find it anywhere now ..... happiness rules!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Chimer said:

but I can't find it anywhere now

because...

29 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I identified a secondary usergroup issue on your login which may have caused this. That should be fixed now.

😉

Glad that's fixed.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Whilst checking something else I identified a secondary usergroup issue on your login which may have caused this. That should be fixed now.

Thanks Andy . No pop ups appearing but I am still getting adverts down the right hand side of screen , for pizza ovens , cutlery , military clothing and grumpy old men branded t shirts !  Only one of these is appropriate . Should I be seeing them ?  It doesn’t interfere with viewing. Seems to be on all forums . I typically go in through view new activity . I have logged out, cleared safari. And logged back in again . I’m using an iPad and I think the iOS has just updated to 15.5 

• RMweb Premium
On 31/05/2022 at 11:45, melmerby said:

In Keswick our street had a mix of numbered and named houses all with the same postcode, the named houses (sometimes several in a row) were interspersed with the numbered ones, which also had gaps in the numbering as well.

My grandparents were the other side of Derwent Water to Keswick. Their address consisted of House, Valley, Town etc. The postcode I believe covered quite a few individual houses scattered around Newlands.

Where I live has house number, row name, village as the address. Most sites appear to accept the row name as the street name (which as just as well as there's no street at all). Actually finding the place on the other hand... the number of times I've had to put instructions on deliveries to not just stick the postcode in and follow the satnav, and the number of times that's clearly been ignored...

• Moderators
Just now, Trainshed Terry said:

I have signed up for the ad free version (£12), how do I know that I am on the ad free version, as I still get adverts pop up.

Have you done Step 2?

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Can either of you recall which subforum you were in at the time? As mentioned in the OP there are a few subforums (the sponsored ones) which may still show ads pending a fix when one person is back off holiday. I've tested at this end and all seems as I'd expect to see.

So glad that you came up with a cheaper service that removed the adds , I had stopped spending a lot of time on here ( I did get more modelling done ) , anyway after the initial hiccups , I followed instructions on this page , I now enjoy add free viewing , except when I go on Accurascale site to see the latest on the Deltic .

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Trainshed Terry said:

I did see a step 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry

You did or you didn't?

If you didn't please see steps 1-4 in my OP.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

You did or you didn't?

If you didn't please see steps 1-4 in my OP.

I have followed steps one to four and have attached screen grabs for you to look at

I have also signed into World of Railways plus trial.

I am unable to attach due something going on.

Terry

RMweb .jpg

RMweb 1.jpg

Edited by Trainshed Terry
Addtional infomation

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Trainshed Terry said:

I have followed steps one to four and have attached screen grabs for you to look at

I have manually changed you over. Just do step 4 now.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Trainshed Terry said:

This has just showed up.

I don't think that's an RMweb item Terry, I have not seen anything of that size or form in that position. It could be something else working in your browser. I would suggest running Malwarebytes to check if you have anything untoward.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy, I'm having the same error as Trainshed Terry - saying I do not have a live RMweb premium membership, and can't yet see the Premium Theme on the dropdown. Any help is much appreciated 👍

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 18.26.38.png

Guest Jack Benson

Andy Y

Just signed up, a great idea. Well done for offering something within my tight budget.

Thanks

Tim

• RMweb Premium

Afraid I'm late to the party again; just shows how unobservant I am. Thanks for setting this up, I like both the improved whizziness of the forum and that I'm able to contribute my share towards the costs without having all the bells and whistles of the full Gold membership.

A question if I may. I've paid by paypal, when my subscription is up for renewal will I get a notification that another payment is due to be taken?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Neil said:

when my subscription is up for renewal will I get a notification that another payment is due to be taken?

I would say that should happen; however I have several things go out of Paypal on Continuous Paypal Authority (CPA) and I don't get a notification that a payment's going out - most of those, however, are monthly subscriptions where I didn't necessarily want to give bank/card details. I do have a couple of annual ones and I do get a notification of those.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I've tried to sign up, I've got an account but the system does not recognise my password and when I try,  it does not send me an email to reset my password.  Any suggestions?

• RMweb Premium

I think I may have picked up a minor glitch?

I can’t remember if any other RMWeb Premium member has experienced / reported this, but when I go into the BRM Magazine sub-Forum in the World of Railways Forum, ads immediately started appearing.  I am unable to select a theme (the RMweb Premium shows as unchecked).  The problem disappears as soon as I leave that Sub-Forum.  I get the banner ads at the top (see screen shot below*).  The pop-ups actually seem to be BRM TV (so may be intentional and correct).  

I also got the full screen overlay ad the first time I went in, but I’ve not been able to replicate that - it was not for a BRM product, and appeared at the start of my session as it used to.  I have logged out and back in again before taking the screen shot.

Don’t know if it is somehow connected with the change in Banner heading (I only get the red BRM on RMweb heading in that Forum)?

I’m using Safari as my browser on an iPad running software version 15.5.  Not a big problem or an urgent one, but I hope it’s OK to mention it.  Thanks, Keith.

DE16AFDF-53AB-41ED-AEBF-680895BAEA34.jpeg.a2141f49ced25b873b4e99f2aa7a5921.jpeg

* I note the irony: it’s for an improved customer experience, though I subscribe so shouldn’t get these ads 😀

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke
Add screen shot

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

I think I may have picked up a minor glitch?

I can’t remember if any other RMWeb Premium member has experienced / reported this, but when I go into the BRM Magazine sub-Forum in the World of Railways Forum, ads immediately started appearing.  

From my OP...

*Some ads may still be seen on sponsored subforums such as Revolution/Accurascale/Strathwood/BRM etc pending a fix and trade ads may not be seen in some areas until we get that fixed.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

From my OP...

Hi Andy  thanks for the response - I'd not noticed these ads before so wondered if it was new (it's possible I've just not visited that Forum for a few weeks, and I don't often visit the Trade section).

Helpful to know that explanation covers this instance, thank you.

I'm very much enjoying the benefits of Premium subscription, thanks once again for setting it up, Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke
  • Thanks 1