RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I'm still seeing the 'nag banner' and I'm getting  full page adverts when browsing the Revolution Trains sub forum though.

I've just checked and it was a secondary group permissions as referenced before; that bit should be fixed now.

This post from yesterday https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/?do=findComment&comment=4842294 references the ad issue on Revolution pus others.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

I signed up for Premium today. Step 1 went fine but I seem to be having issues with Step 2. I have logged out and cleared my cookies. 

This is the message I get on Step 2 when I follow the link in the confirmation email:

FD27742D-546D-4808-989F-57AC105BE764.jpeg.ad6a8428d8d172a379d2d936eda74698.jpeg

I tried switching the Theme too but I think I might need you guys to tweak something your end?

F49A870D-CEF2-45B7-864D-290E6B4721D6.png.52176ecf3d107e6fe351bc8703fb8173.png

I’m on an iPhone SE with the latest iOS 15.5. 

Thanks for your help!

Ian

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, MrTea said:

I signed up for Premium today.

Thank you Ian! I did check just before leaving the office.

I've manually got you round Step 2 so it just be case of selecting the Premium theme now.

• RMweb Gold

While, as a Gold Member, I have no need for this, I wanted to have a look at the thread. Uniquely among RMweb threads, my adblocker threw me straight out, refusing to have any truck with the thread at all, despite repeated attempts. I have, by way of experiment, uninstalled the adblocker, and glory be, here I am. I hope no members who wanted to investigate Premium have been similarly disadvantaged.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

had the same issue as Mr Tea. Went to do step 2 but came up with the same message he posted above.

I've applied a fix now so you should be able to select the Premium theme.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, glasmonkey said:

I'm having the same problems as above - Help!

Fix applied. I can see I'm going to be on someone's back on Monday!

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

@AY ModI have signed up for Premium and am glad for the lack of pop-up/intrusive ads.

However, I'm still getting the green 'nag banner' whether on PC, Android tablet or Android phone.

On PC I have no Google ads (only two white oblongs on RHS where ads would be)

On tablet, I get 2 or 3 banner or video ads on the RHS (one underneath the other)

On phone, I get the 2 or 3 ads at the foot of the thread (just above the 'Navigation Links' section).

This all seems to be independent of which Sub-forum/thread I'm viewing.

No real problem as they are not as intrusive as before but thought I'd let you know. I realise how busy you are, so no rush!

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy, I've just signed up and paid (confirmation email received). Despite clearing cookies, browing data etc, I have the same issue as Hilux had a few posts back. Hoping you can help?

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Snowpig said:

Hi Andy, I've just signed up and paid (confirmation email received). Despite clearing cookies, browing data etc, I have the same issue as Hilux had a few posts back. Hoping you can help?

That should be fixed now, your account integration had failed. You should be able to select the Premium theme now.

• RMweb Premium

No idea if it is related at all but since signing up it seems as if the cookies for unread threads have been set (reset?) to say that I've not read anything since 2019! Or could that be something to do with the change of host and I've put this in the wrong thread?

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Richard E said:

No idea if it is related at all but since signing up it seems as if the cookies for unread threads have been set (reset?) to say that I've not read anything since 2019! Or could that be something to do with the change of host and I've put this in the wrong thread?

See https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/172558-time-travel-going-to-unread-posts-behaving-strangely/#comment-4852552

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

That should be fixed now, your account integration had failed. You should be able to select the Premium theme now.

All working fine now. Many thanks

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello, i've just subscribed to the Premium membership but I'm still seeing the video player pop up on every new page - does the change take a little time to filter through?

Great site, hugely enjoy using it, many thanks for allt he work that goes into making it happen! 😀

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Chas Levin said:

Hello, i've just subscribed to the Premium membership but I'm still seeing the video player pop up on every new page - does the change take a little time to filter through?

Great site, hugely enjoy using it, many thanks for allt he work that goes into making it happen! 😀

Premium is not activated for you, have you selected the premium theme?

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Chas Levin said:

Did you complete step 2 of the process?