RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Chas Levin said:

Hello, i've just subscribed to the Premium membership but I'm still seeing the video player pop up on every new page - does the change take a little time to filter through?

Thanks Chas,

I've just checked and everything looks as though it's set up OK; if you are still seeing the video pop-up anywhere other than the subforums listed in my OP it may need a browser cookie/history clearout.

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Thanks Chas,

I've just checked and everything looks as though it's set up OK; if you are still seeing the video pop-up anywhere other than the subforums listed in my OP it may need a browser cookie/history clearout.

Thanks Andy, Richard and David had also kindly replied and pointed out between them that I'd neglected to follow the steps after making payment - trying to do too many things at once actually, and dropped the ball on later stages of the process. All done now though thank you.

I usually look at RMWeb on a Mac which stops the pop-ups itself, but I finally grew tired of the different experience on a PC!

Keep up the terrific work 👍

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/06/2022 at 12:57, AY Mod said:

Andy.  (FYI)

For some reason I got this definitely not railway related scrolling ad when I went to the Accurascale sub forum this morning, I’ve left the time on the screenshot. I checked and I’m logged in as premium. 
cheers

5E0E1787-78F3-4BFB-9C18-2369F559558C.thumb.png.1c45b8f2c19f709e23fdbf7635ed3775.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

For some reason I got this definitely not railway related scrolling ad when I went to the Accurascale sub forum this morning, I’ve left the time on the screenshot. I checked and I’m logged in as premium. 

On 16/05/2022 at 12:00, AY Mod said:

*Some ads may still be seen on sponsored subforums such as Revolution/Accurascale/Strathwood/BRM etc pending a fix and trade ads may not be seen in some areas until we get that fixed. Premium users will see trade ads (but not Google Ads).

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Andy.  (FYI)

cheers

5E0E1787-78F3-4BFB-9C18-2369F559558C.thumb.png.1c45b8f2c19f709e23fdbf7635ed3775.png

Well the picture could have been worse Paul.... 😆

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I’ve signed up too. It wasn’t working the first day, but was fine this morning.

However, it is now showing a banner ad across the bottom of the page for patio cleaners which I assume shouldn’t be there.

i also get the BRM video playing on every screen, I thought that would have gone too?

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, ColinK said:

However, it is now showing a banner ad across the bottom of the page for patio cleaners which I assume shouldn’t be there.

i also get the BRM video playing on every screen, I thought that would have gone too?

Can you please confirm what subforum you are in when you see this?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ColinK said:

All I use is ‘unread content’.

Yes, but it will take you to a specific topic in a specific subforums. Which ones? 

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Yes, but it will take you to a specific topic in a specific subforums. Which ones? 

Thanks for your reply.

I turned my ipad on this morning and openned RMweb and it showed me all the unread posts since my last visit.  I clicked on the first post (sorry I didn’t note which one), I immediatly got a full page advert covering the screen. When I did ‘back’ a banner ad appeared at the bottom of the page.

To get on this page I selected ‘content I’ve posted in’, then selected this topic. The banner ad is still at the bottom of the page as is the BRM video.

Just in case it is relevent, I had to set up a now WOR account as I couldn’t get the old one to work.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Thanks for your reply.

I turned my ipad on this morning and openned RMweb and it showed me all the unread posts since my last visit.  I clicked on the first post (sorry I didn’t note which one), I immediatly got a full page advert covering the screen. When I did ‘back’ a banner ad appeared at the bottom of the page.

To get on this page I selected ‘content I’ve posted in’, then selected this topic. The banner ad is still at the bottom of the page as is the BRM video.

Just in case it is relevent, I had to set up a now WOR account as I couldn’t get the old one to work.

I've been into your account to investigate further and find out what was causing it.

You hadn't selected the Premium Theme - Step 4 in my OP.

If you still see any Google Ads you may have the Default theme; go to the bottom of any page and click on 'Themes' and select RMweb Premium from the dropdown. The header logo should now show RMweb Premium.

I have now done that for you.

• RMweb Premium

Hello and hoping someone can assist.

I believe that I correctly followed the 4 steps, however when I click on the theme to change it, there is no RM Premium option to choose from within the drop down menu! I have obviously gone wrong somewhere as all the ads are still there. Hoping someone can advise.

Many thanks.

Doc1.docx

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, MAP66 said:

I believe that I correctly followed the 4 steps, however when I click on the theme to change it, there is no RM Premium option to choose from within the drop down menu! I have obviously gone wrong somewhere as all the ads are still there.

It seems to have failed the integration step so I've manually sorted that; you should be able to select the Premium theme now.

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It seems to have failed the integration step so I've manually sorted that; you should be able to select the Premium theme now.

Thanks Andy, now works a treat. I was never much good at integrating so not surprised I failed that bit😄

• Funny 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, MAP66 said:

I was never much good at integrating

I was no good at differentiation either. It was a Catholic school so they never told you what something was for, just that you'd done it wrong and you should feel bad about that.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Just payed for the premium no ads version and after dropping down the theme menu there is no “premium” option

Did you carry out Step 2?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Did you carry out Step 2?

Yes, and I got the email to confirm and when I click on the link I get after a while “connection lost” no issues viewing the site as normal but cannot verify using the link.

And now if I click on the step 2 link again it says after a while “connection lost”

Edited by boxbrownie

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Yes, and I got the email to confirm and when I click on the link I get after a while “connection lost” no issues viewing the site as normal but cannot verify using the link.

Ok, I've worked around it now so you should be able to take Step 4.