RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

2 minutes ago, Coal Tank said:

Im sick of the pop ups and I'm  not playing  to get rid of them. They are a......... Pain

So we can't have advertising and you aren't going to contribute towards the cost of running RMweb. Remind me how it should be paid for then...

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

14 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

So we can't have advertising and you aren't going to contribute towards the cost of running RMweb. Remind me how it should be paid for then...

Hi, I didn't say no advertising I complained about the pop ups. Im not the only one. Advertising is a great revenue steam and I completely understand that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I signed and paid the other day, for RMWeb Premium, still cant get past step 2. It shows 'You do not have a live World of Railways Plus or RMweb premium membership'. 

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, mclong said:

I signed and paid the other day, for RMWeb Premium, still cant get past step 2. It shows 'You do not have a live World of Railways Plus or RMweb premium membership'. 

You are showing as Premium

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, mclong said:

I can see you signed up on the 26th April, I spotted the transaction on Monday 1st but that you hadn't run through the process on here so I manually set it up for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Happy anniversary (on 16 May) when it’s a year since RMweb Premium was launched.

I don’t know if any celebrations are planned, but I for one am very appreciative of an ad-free experience, and generally smooth-running forum, in return for a modest contribution and hopefully providing a viable business model for the operators. Presumably there will just be an auto-renewal, unless card details have changed or folks wish to opt out (I don’t). 

Thanks Andy, Phil & team. If only everything in life worked like this…

Dava

• Like 4
  • Agree 7

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Dava said:

Presumably there will just be an auto-renewal, unless card details have changed or folks wish to opt out (I don’t). 

Thank you!

I've seen auto-renewals going through the system ok so it seems to work for folks.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi there,

I’ve purchased an RMWeb premium subscription, but when I go to link my accounts it says I don’t have one. Am I missing something?

Thanks! 

• RMweb Premium

Does the system recognise log in from a phone differently to a computer?

I activated premium from one PC ages ago and all three computers at home recognise it, however today I logged in from my phone whilst out & about and I have now received an e-mail telling me to activate my premium status!

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Does the system recognise log in from a phone differently to a computer?

I activated premium from one PC ages ago and all three computers at home recognise it, however today I logged in from my phone whilst out & about and I have now received an e-mail telling me to activate my premium status!

Don't know the answer to your first question, but membership is up for renewal.  I had to renew my membership this morning (my debit card had changed since last year), and I have just had an email to activate my premium status.

Maybe it's to do with renewal rather than whether you use a phone or computer?

• RMweb Premium

28 minutes ago, Moxy said:

Maybe it's to do with renewal rather than whether you use a phone or computer?

This one line from the e-mail:

"This email was sent to you because you are a new RMweb Premium member."

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Agreed. Email received has been copied below - nothing to say it is for renewal as it is for new Premium Members.

Also typo with "duration of membership" duplicated.

Sorry for @AY Mod who seems to have been let down again by the back office team as I assume they must have sent the wrong email ??

Welcome to RMweb Premium, the new digital membership to the UK's biggest model railway forum, RMweb.co.uk!

As a member you will only see relevant railway modelling advertising plus enjoy exclusive access to the Classified section, RMweb Gold Private Forum and increased storage capacity.

If you haven’t already activated your membership, please click on the link below.

ACTIVATE MEMBERSHIP

You will only need to do this once. Once your RMweb Premium membership and RMweb account are linked, your membership privileges will continue for the duration of your membership for the duration of your membership.

This email was sent to you because you are a new RMweb Premium member.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

At 1055 BST yesterday my Premium renewal was activated and GBP 12.00 paid from the relevant account. At 1801 BST I received the same email as quoted above.

My profile confirms that I am still a Premium member, so I do not intend to click on the "Activate Membership" link.

It's bl00dy stupid.

• RMweb Premium

Just came in to ask the same question. The membership payment has gone out from my bank and I received the email, so do I click the link or does renewal happen automatically?

(RMWeb is still displaying normally as for Premium membership)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, keefer said:

Just came in to ask the same question. The membership payment has gone out from my bank and I received the email, so do I click the link or does renewal happen automatically?

(RMWeb is still displaying normally as for Premium membership)

Hi

I too got the email and ignored it, my premium membership still works as before. These are the first renewals for this type of membership so I guess some tweaking of the email content is required.

Cheers

Paul

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, keefer said:

so do I click the link or does renewal happen automatically?

I was certain I'd posted in here a few days ago but can't see that I did.

It's a badly worded renewal email, as long as you're happy with the renewal there's no need to do anything with the email or the link.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Premium

I had to join accounts but my password was unrecognised.

Then the reset does not accept the Firefox random generator.

Willpst in a moment

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Can’t see this has has been mentioned before (apologies if it has), but perhaps worth mentioning that the price hasn’t changed - it was excellent value last year for all we get, meaning I guess it’s even better value this year.  Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Can’t see this has has been mentioned before (apologies if it has), but perhaps worth mentioning that the price hasn’t changed - it was excellent value last year for all we get, meaning I guess it’s even better value this year.  Thank you.

Correct, no further increases were planned or projected. I like to keep things simple.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium
On 10/06/2023 at 13:00, AY Mod said:

Correct, no further increases were planned or projected. I like to keep things simple.

What would make your life easier is if premium members could see aĺl the adverts about renewal :)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

RMWeb Premium purchased around 1 hour ago. Receipt email received.

Have gone through the integration steps and cleared cache/cookies etc but the WOR website still tells me that I don't have a live WOR+ or RMWeb premium membership and no premium choice appears in the theme dropdown list.

This is on a laptop running Windows 11 Home 64-bit 10.0.22631.

@AY Mod I've just tried the integration path again in case it had sorted itself over the weekend, but still no luck. If you could take a look when you have a mo, that'd be great thanks.

Edited by Little Jeeem
@AY Mod added

• Moderators
On 10/11/2023 at 13:45, Little Jeeem said:

If you could take a look when you have a mo, that'd be great thanks.

I think I've fixed it for you now. I can see you tried to run the integration script several times but I can't see why it failed.