RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I've just started getting a provoking pop-up "house" ad for World of Railways, every time I move between threads. I thought Premium insulated me from such things?

Thanks for that; at least I know it's working. Premium dispenses with the Google Ads but this is an internal trade/house ad - I'm aiming to see if we can upsell to some Premium members whilst I've got a good price as well as non-Premium users.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I've just started getting a provoking pop-up "house" ad for World of Railways, every time I move between threads. I thought Premium insulated me from such things?

Same here, every darned page I open / navigate.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Thanks for that; at least I know it's working. Premium dispenses with the Google Ads but this is an internal trade/house ad - I'm aiming to see if we can upsell to some Premium members whilst I've got a good price as well as non-Premium users.

I regret to report that your experiment is unsuccessful, at least for this data-point.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, RobAllen said:

How would one take advantage of this offer?
The popup isn't clickable and https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/store/membership-subscriptions shows a more expensive price. 

It should work correctly now but it will take you here - 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I'm aiming to see if we can upsell to some Premium members whilst I've got a good price as well as non-Premium users.

Sorry Andy but I first misread that as "see if we can UPSET some Premium members . . ." and I thought no you wouldn't do that would you - after all, it's the season of goodwill to all on RMweb - even if there are some who I'm sure you and Phil would really like to upset by closing down their accounts . . . . 

• Funny 2

• Moderators
Just now, franciswilliamwebb said:

In spite of my hatred of all things pop-up I clicked, lemming-like, on the advert to see if there'd be any benefits for me.  I got this:

Spam2.png.b54a755854ada062e6b3a57f13b06317.png

Not really going to "upsell" me, that 😉

Aah, I see - that's on the World of Railways platform for the transaction side of things so you're Premium invisibility cloak doesn't work on there. ;)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah.  I see I'm not the only one.  That darned pop-up will turn me right off the advertiser in much the same way that persistent TV ads will ensure I avoid the product or service promoted.  

It's not every 15 minutes.  It's every change of page.  Will a log-out-log-in fix that? 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Ah.  I see I'm not the only one.  That darned pop-up will turn me right off the advertiser in much the same way that persistent TV ads will ensure I avoid the product or service promoted.  

It's not every 15 minutes.  It's every change of page.  Will a log-out-log-in fix that? 

You should only see it every 30 minutes Rick; if it's every page it'll be remembering something from a couple of hours ago. Clear the cookies and login again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I’ve spotted the new Railways Plus pop-up adverts today, as a Premium member if I upgrade to Gold member, will this turn them off please? 

So far I’ve yet to go Gold as I don’t read magazines (admit I might be unusual here!) but if it helps eliminate pop ups forever then please do count me in! 

RMWeb is all the magazine I’ll ever need so more than happy to chuck money at the situation to resolve! 

Merry Christmas! 🎄

James

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, James Makin said:

RMWeb is all the magazine I’ll ever need

I'm not (that much) of a door handle that I beat you into submission; just trying to raise the profile of the product and get a few more to want it.

I've turned the pop-up off for now for Premium members and increased the frequency for non-payers. Cos they can't moan. ;)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Amazing, thanks Andy! 

The Premium subscription is such good value for the benefit that RMWeb gives (essentially a club and a magazine all in one!) so let us know if you ever need any more magic beans to keep the meter happy!

Hopefully you get a nice peaceful Christmas off here and maybe even a spot of modelling time too!

Cheers,

James

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning

I’m sure this banner ad, between the 1st & 2nd topic in a forum, was never there before! I presume it’s part of this current recruitment drive or am I going mad and there’s always a banner ad there?

IMG_3526.jpeg.96e1f85e851473926b3271941b7c7232.jpeg

Merry Christmas.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi, paid up a couple of hours earlier, but getting ads and unable to integrate accounts in step 2. Done the clear cookies bit.  The integrate page was blocked by MWbytes premium so that was disabled but page not found as pic 1 below.  Also the 'Theme' change at bottom of page does not have RMweb premium as in 2nd pic, did try the 2024 option but no different.

EDIT Win11 edge & chrome, also separate Android device as well.

Thanks

integrate.JPG

theme 2.jpg

Edited by IOW O2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, IOW O2 said:

paid up a couple of hours earlier, but getting ads and unable to integrate accounts in step 2

Don't worry about fighting with it; I've just run things at this end so you should be straight now.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

Don't worry about fighting with it; I've just run things at this end so you should be straight now.

Wow quick.  Many thanks

Dave

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, 

I'm now getting banner ads where there were none. Has there been a change ? 

Screenshot_20240203-095611_SamsungInternet.jpg.79a8e99e991e2fca2a315a5298a96755.jpg

Possibly something to do with Naughty Pants at the bottom of the screen shot but possibly not.....

Rob

• Friendly/supportive 1