RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Frutigen said:

Suddenly getting adverts - banner, sidebar, pop-up - while I’m logged in as Premium and with Premium Theme selected. Using Safari on ipad OS 16. I’ve restarted the device, logged out of RMWeb and back in again but that hasn’t fixed it. 

Likewise on Firefox and my tablet which I think uses some sort of android thingy to make it work. I've noted that work is under way to resolve this, many thanks.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Very glad to report that I am not having any problems with adverts but on my phone the small picture we have by our names in posts has suddenly got much bigger and now appears over the top of the first two lines of a post. Hopefully this can be sorted at some point. I like the bigger picture but not when I can't read the first two lines of posts.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

I appreciate work is in progress. 

This is just an update to say that the issues currently remain as before. Premium selected, ads over the entire screen at first entry, same formatting issue as others report with avatar over text and large blank spaces between posts where adverts appear to have been supressed. 

Submitting a post results in a scroll to the top of the page with the post not submitted. It takes two to four attempts. 

Shall we have a whip-round to keep @AY Mod in beers?  

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I’m RMWeb Premium and getting strange formatting of the top of each page plus Digitrains adverts either between posts or as a full width panel at the top which prevents me from, for example, see notifications icon. Funnily, the top of the page is normal when logged out.

the go to top of page arrow has also swopped sides - now on the left.

it happens both with Edge on my PC and Safari on the iPad.

is this an issue or something I need to ignore.

Thanks.

B5E1AA92-DF86-43EA-877B-093FB0B6D4BE.png

I'm getting this squashed-up title bar as well, but only on Premium.  If I revert back to 2021 Default Them, it goes back to normal. 

Cheers, Dave.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 11/01/2023 at 22:26, Gwiwer said:

Shall we have a whip-round to keep @AY Mod in beers?  

If Andy had 1 beer for each hour that his providers have promised to have fixed 'in about an hour', then probably a bit wobbly on his feet by now!

• RMweb Premium

I’ve been having an issue where I can see the Layouts topic if I’m not logged in but as soon as I log in I just get a white screen and nothing happens - that’s on pc, Mac & iPhone/iPad safari.  I tried on a brand new pc (first website I went on) and it was fine until I logged in… is there sommat going on with my account?

• RMweb Premium

I wanted to Join RMWeb premium so have been to the World of Railways site, registered and paid my £12 fee but when I go to the integration page I get the message below. I have cleared cookies and browsing history etc as suggested. 

Ian 

image.png.56550e36b2c6a7c6ff5c6edf5726cf71.png

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Have the css issues been resolved now as the seem to be more adverts and videos that you cannot seem to close down. This is especially noticeable on accurascale and revolution topics and never seem to display the premium theme whatever is selected I’m am using and iPhone/iPad 

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, 47007stratford said:

Hi

Have the css issues been resolved now as the seem to be more adverts and videos that you cannot seem to close down. This is especially noticeable on accurascale and revolution topics and never seem to display the premium theme whatever is selected I’m am using and iPhone/iPad 

I've just had a message that this should now be fixed - just testing at this end at the mo. The broken css is in the Temporary theme (where there were no ads at all). I've just switched you back to RMweb 2021 as that will be the correct one to use - the appearance of ads will now be controlled by usergroup rather than the themes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to bring up what appears to be a further problem. Since the start of this week when I go to read the unread part of a thread I am now left at the top of the page instead of going to the first unread post.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Sorry to bring up what appears to be a further problem. Since the start of this week when I go to read the unread part of a thread I am now left at the top of the page instead of going to the first unread post.

Hopefully this issue will get sorted with a version update which will be carried out next week. There's no point trying to hunt that one down until that's done; it's really boring to do. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Hopefully this issue will get sorted with a version update which will be carried out next week. There's no point trying to hunt that one down until that's done; it's really boring to do. :)

No rush at all. I am certain you have a lot of far more important things to do. Scrolling down from the top of the page is not a problem but thought you should know in case it gave you any clues to other bigger problems. 

I am happy that it will get dealt with when it gets dealt with after all trains run for those who wait and they don't wait for those who run!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Just so you are aware, when I am logged out the select theme options appears at the bottom of the page and is set as 2021 (Default). However, when I log in the Theme drop down list has disappeared and "Premium" no longer appears at the top of the page next to RMWeb. It seems to work as Premium however, as I don't see any Google ads. Its the same on a Windows PC and an iPad.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Andy @AY Mod

I've just signed up to Premium and received the WofR email receipt; however when I go to the Integration stage I get the following message:

"You do not have a live World of Railways Plus or RMweb premium membership"

I've tried logging out of RMWeb, closing then re-opening the browser and logging into RMWeb again but with no success.  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

Bear

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, polybear said:

Is there anything else I can try?

You've done what you can. I've got it sorted for you now.

Thanks Brian!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hiya Andy @AY Mod

I've signed up to Premium a few weeks ago and received the WofR email receipt; however when logging in the header logo does not show RMweb Premium. I have tried clicking on ‘Themes’ dropdown which only shows RMweb 2023 Default and 5 other company headins, no RMweb Premium.

I've logged out of RMWeb, closed and re-opened the browser and logged into RMWeb again. Also cleared any RMweb cookies along with any browsing history but with no success.  Is there anything else I can try? Using Windows 10 and Firefox.

Thanks.

James.

• Moderators
On 30/03/2023 at 22:17, GW Jim said:

Is there anything else I can try?

Sorry I missed seeing this Jim - I sorted the permissions for you when I was working through who had bought what at the end of last week.

I don't think you'd completed steps 1-4 in the OP.