RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Oooh got to get one of those to use on our support team when they won't stop bothering me.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, MJI said:

Ad blockers do work, but I prefer to pay £12 than to block ads, I said to Andy bring in a discount member ship I would happily pay.

Web hosting isn't cheap and modern adverts are horrific. £1 a month is worth it to keep this forum going.

Absolutely correct, I wouldn’t pay the higher charges before because everything but the ad-blocking I didn’t really need or wouldn’t miss, but when removing the ADs came down to just £12 it’s worth every 3.28p every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Absolutely correct, I wouldn’t pay the higher charges before because everything but the ad-blocking I didn’t really need or wouldn’t miss, but when removing the ADs came down to just £12 it’s worth every 3.28p every day.

I could have carried on but i wanted to supporr the forum

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Web sites have a number of funding types.

Subscription eg this

Adverts eg this

Sideline eg a lot of newspaper sites

Altruistic eg lots of car forums

Commercial eg Amazon

Selling of data eg google

Business eg a manufacturers site

Own pocket eg your own sites

• RMweb Premium

I've just signed up to and my first impression is that not only have the Google ads gone & the endless playing of the Digitrains promo (I don't mind in principle such ads, but can't there be a variety?), but importantly, the jumping around of the page has also gone.

The pages load much quicker and if you see a subject title to a thread of interest, you can click on it and it will actually go there and not elsewhere, because the loading of ads/Digitrains was still occurring, so you ended up unintended!

On that grounds, worth the 12 pounds alone and I've yet to explore what WoR actually offers.

Edited by kevinlms
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

After close to 15 years membership (it's probably more in reality, as I was registered on the 'old' forums, but no idea for how long, that's ancient history now, and I was only a wee child then!) it's about time I contributed something back, so I've just signed up to premium membership.

However, I note back in May there were a few cases of people reporting Malwarebytes blocking the integration page, unfortunately this has just happened for me now also.

I note I have an option to ignore and continue, is it safe to assume that is okay to do so, and there's no harm on the other side, so to speak?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Foden said:

I've just signed up to premium membership.

However, I note back in May there were a few cases of people reporting Malwarebytes blocking the integration page, unfortunately this has just happened for me now also.

I note I have an option to ignore and continue, is it safe to assume that is okay to do so, and there's no harm on the other side, so to speak?

Don't worry; I've just picked up the order manually and sorted all the necessaries for you so you should be good now.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Don't worry; I've just picked up the order manually and sorted all the necessaries for you so you should be good now.

Thankyou very much Andy, I appreciate the help.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi

i have been a premium user for a while now can I ask why I am still getting pop up videos in the Accurascale thread. I can understand model railway related ads but currently some sort of news feed which I cannot close.Most other areas show the premium header but not in Accurascale or revolution thread, even selecting the theme does not solve the issue. I am having issues on iOS devices

please can you assist with this

thanks

Edited by 47007stratford

• 3 weeks later...

seriously, you might as well just throw everyone non premium off the site now. I can't close the Rapido advert which takes up 75% of the screen and on a decent sized desktop monitor I only have a 3"x7" visible window and can only see the first half of each line in any posting. This site has now passed the point where advertising has become so overwhelming that the site is useless. (Using Google Chrome, a not uncommon browser)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

seriously, you might as well just throw everyone non premium off the site now. I can't close the Rapido advert which takes up 75% of the screen and on a decent sized desktop monitor I only have a 3"x7" visible window and can only see the first half of each line in any posting. This site has now passed the point where advertising has become so overwhelming that the site is useless. (Using Google Chrome, a not uncommon browser)

This looks like a new thing - how long has it been like that?

FWIW, all is fine on Firefox, so it's a specific Chrome issue.

• RMweb Premium

I’m RMWeb Premium and getting strange formatting of the top of each page plus Digitrains adverts either between posts or as a full width panel at the top which prevents me from, for example, see notifications icon. Funnily, the top of the page is normal when logged out.

the go to top of page arrow has also swopped sides - now on the left.

it happens both with Edge on my PC and Safari on the iPad.

is this an issue or something I need to ignore.

Thanks.

B5E1AA92-DF86-43EA-877B-093FB0B6D4BE.png

4153ED2D-0B4E-425A-8C1B-9E7361E54FBC.png

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Another with membership problems unfortunately. I paid for a World of Railways membership on 11th December, ending up with a trial membership which has just expired - back to the ads! Would you be able to assist or have any suggestions please.

Regards

Michael

• RMweb Premium

Suddenly getting adverts - banner, sidebar, pop-up - while I’m logged in as Premium and with Premium Theme selected. Using Safari on ipad OS 16. I’ve restarted the device, logged out of RMWeb and back in again but that hasn’t fixed it. 

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Frutigen said:

Suddenly getting adverts - banner, sidebar, pop-up - while I’m logged in as Premium and with Premium Theme selected. Using Safari on ipad OS 16. I’ve restarted the device, logged out of RMWeb and back in again but that hasn’t fixed it. 

See here:

For my part, I'm getting adverts featuring 60+ women with the tag line "forget the age difference, we're here for fun" (well, they would be older than me). I take this as an encouraging sign for gender balance in the hobby...

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

For my part, I'm getting adverts featuring 60+ women with the tag line "forget the age difference, we're here for fun"

Ignore these sirens! Their 'fun' does not involve getting covered in Crimson Lake and anything to do with Ribblehead.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 7