RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

I've just signed up for Premium membership but I'm still getting ads. I logged out and logged back in again but it made no difference.  My profile confirms my Premium membership. Is there something else that I need to do?

David

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DavidLong said:

Hi Andy,

I've just signed up for Premium membership but I'm still getting ads. I logged out and logged back in again but it made no difference.  My profile confirms my Premium membership. Is there something else that I need to do?

David

You'd missed out the last step David; selecting the Premium theme. I've done that for you now so you should be straight now.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

One thing I found this week is that the ads I still get in the premium area (manufacturers topics only) have lost the closing X

8B76107A-41FF-45AF-95D3-07EDB9EFC6C8.png.d02ed6f4e64c7cbf0b5d7566d69c0d18.png

I tried flipping the phone on it side that worked last week but still no X, then I noticed it briefly appear in the middle where I’ve circled the screen so I tapped there and it re-appeared 😁

A5ACD518-AB46-4E4B-9454-DFDF28486F18.jpeg.7cc8492e01da05bbed975800164d24d5.jpeg

008CF6AF-0295-4858-97E7-39D6B1A82834.jpeg.9c5a570c9ccf8f1c6af1d4a22da9abed.jpeg

Now I can close it by tapping top right of the video part. 

Just thought that might help. 

Oh and Andy, I’ve gone and subscribed to the mags as I can view them on a large screen now but while I’ve got my ticket and mags there’s no Gold upgrade. I’m not bothered presently as I had premium but it may cause an issue once that runs out? 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I’ve gone and subscribed to the mags as I can view them on a large screen now but while I’ve got my ticket and mags there’s no Gold upgrade. I’m not bothered presently as I had premium but it may cause an issue once that runs out? 

Ooh good; a willing guinea pig!

Could you try running the integration script again please http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php and see if it re-classifies you as Gold? If not I can manually change that - not that it means any material difference on here other than the colour of your gong.

The video ads are still a work in progress but I've been sticking twigs in ants nest again this morning.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Could you try running the integration script again please http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php and see if it re-classifies you as Gold? If not I can manually change that -

No it’s still premium and I tried logging out and in again to reset it too after running that. 😉

not that it means any material difference on here other than the colour of your gong.

Yep it’s only really that there’s an overlap with premium when that ends, gongs not important 😄

The video ads are still a work in progress but I've been sticking twigs in ants nest again this morning.

Ta, just thought it might help those getting it blocking screens while you prod the relevant minions 🤣

8082A3EE-D6CE-4742-8058-A672F88245E1.jpeg.255ea2d3d960bb48139d2175ee865057.jpeg

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, PaulRhB said:

No it’s still premium and I tried logging out and in again to reset it too after running that. 😉

Worth a try; I've held a manual medal ceremony for you. Not many came.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Andy.

I've finally got around to Premium.

I go to the reconciliation page as advised nd it says I haven't got a WoR account - which I now have.

So I can't select the premium theme.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Mick

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Am I missing something?

Tail lamps?

Despite the system saying that I could see you'd bought it. I just went and sorted the permissions and your theme so you should be all set.

NB - you will still see ads on a couple of the manufacturer's subforums you frequent, it's still awaiting a fix.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

I’m about to take the plunge and go for premium. However I just want to be clear what it means when it says you may still see trade ads. If I’m still going to see the incredibly annoying Digitrains video in the bottom right hand corner then it’s not worth it for me as this makes it virtually unusable on my iPad.

Please could you confirm whether or not the trade videos will disappear?

Regards

Andy

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

Hi Andy,

I’m about to take the plunge and go for premium. However I just want to be clear what it means when it says you may still see trade ads. If I’m still going to see the incredibly annoying Digitrains video in the bottom right hand corner then it’s not worth it for me as this makes it virtually unusable on my iPad.

Please could you confirm whether or not the trade videos will disappear?

Regards

Andy

You’ll still see them on a lot of the “manufacturers/suppliers” pages, and yes on an iPad it is very annoying.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

If I’m still going to see the incredibly annoying Digitrains video

The Digitrains ad is a pop-up/embedded video which won't show up. Banner ads for trade should show in certain areas but they're not displaying at present. I just wanted to make that clear with the 'may' so I'm not misrepresenting anything for the future.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

You’ll still see them on a lot of the “manufacturers/suppliers” pages, and yes on an iPad it is very annoying.

As I've explained numerous times they shouldn't and I'm awaiting a fix from the adtechies on that.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Trainshed Terry said:

That going to a very long wait.

Many months so far.

🤬

It takes more of my time answering posts/PMs/emails and even phone calls about it than it would of their time to actually do what they have said, numerous times, they will do. Where are they on a Saturday afternoon?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
On 21/11/2022 at 12:30, AY Mod said:

You've had free use for the last 13 years and aren't prepared to accept adverts?

It was a polite notice.

Ad blocking.jpg

Ad blockers do work, but I prefer to pay £12 than to block ads, I said to Andy bring in a discount member ship I would happily pay.

Web hosting isn't cheap and modern adverts are horrific. £1 a month is worth it to keep this forum going.

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/11/2022 at 14:44, AY Mod said:

Edit

Might I suggest the purchase of one of these young Sir ? 

https://punkybobs.com/products/premium-handheld-electric-cattle-prodder-92151972/?gclid=CjwKCAiAhKycBhAQEiwAgf19el78UEHR8NgzfOK4j031U8JOtK0iZEpF73Z0huggq4Tn674PXa5mMRoCcn0QAvD_BwE

Edited by Matt C
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Matt C said:

It would mean I'd have to be closer than I'd like to their vegetables but, oh, the fear in their eyes.

• Funny 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, daryll said:

all signed up , I now have premium under my avatar 

You'd just missed the last step, to select the Premium theme. I've done that for you now.