RMweb

Warley National Exhibition 26th & 27th November 2022

Chris M

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, E100 said:

Well you’ve made me smile! In my defence I think she’s quite beautiful.

i laughed far too much at the thought of you turning up at the doors with a picture of your wife as a reminder not to spend too much

10930562-A221-47E5-90AE-5AFEF749F0B2.jpeg.46a5826640e792a5a3f720e59b5f391b.jpeg

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

For anyone in a similar position. Just received this useful and timely reply from the club. Excellent communication all round and sounds like it’ll get resolved. 

worst case I enter the show half an hour later and give them an extra £20 which they very much deserve.

45C2DE61-8A49-4171-A1C8-13F91708FAA3.jpeg

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Also just tried to pre-book tickets and found they seem to be taken down. Still, I’d sooner give the extra £2 to the club than the ticket vendor, who seem pretty poor based on the fact they’re still saying you can sign up for advanced notification of the tickets becoming available!  

• Like 1

Did any of you hop on a 350 at BHI at 17:50? Loads of people got on, and it can’t be beyond impossibility that among the crowds were some Warley setter-uppers.

I’m attending as an exhibitor for the first time with my mates at Redditch MRC and our layout Smallwood. I’ll also be hitching a ride with @Phil Bullock and @Downendian - many thanks to both of you once again! 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, barraldo said:

Hi - I am planning to attend tomorrow but I don't have a ticket; the website states you can pay on the day but will there be big queues for this?  should I get there as early as I can?  many thanks

My previous experience has been that the queues move relatively quickly. The move to card-only ticket sales will probably help, as contactless payment is generally quicker than cash. So I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I'll be buying on the day as well, as I wasn't in a position to commit to going until relatively late.

29 minutes ago, MarkSG said:

My previous experience has been that the queues move relatively quickly. The move to card-only ticket sales will probably help, as contactless payment is generally quicker than cash. So I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I'll be buying on the day as well, as I wasn't in a position to commit to going until relatively late.

No problem buying tickets on the day. There is a limit on the number of people allowed in the hall but the Warley show has never got to that limit. There will be as many ticket booths open as possible on both mornings. The ticket booths open as soon as we are allowed to. Please note this year it os card only.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, E100 said:

For anyone in a similar position. Just received this useful and timely reply from the club. Excellent communication all round and sounds like it’ll get resolved. 

worst case I enter the show half an hour later and give them an extra £20 which they very much deserve.

45C2DE61-8A49-4171-A1C8-13F91708FAA3.jpeg

As a further update :)

FA350469-B992-4DDB-A46D-3C6C1D3D8ED7.jpeg

For the benefit of those who can't go, but want to spend money with the traders this weekend:

Modelu have announced a 15% off 'Black Friday weekend' offer for online sales only. 

(There is also 15% off purchases at the show, but only if you spend more than £50).

2 hours ago, Liam said:

Did any of you hop on a 350 at BHI at 17:50? Loads of people got on, and it can’t be beyond impossibility that among the crowds were some Warley setter-uppers.

I’m attending as an exhibitor for the first time with my mates at Redditch MRC and our layout Smallwood. I’ll also be hitching a ride with @Phil Bullock and @Downendian - many thanks to both of you once again! 

No, but I got off of that 350 at Stechford before it reached BHI for my bnb lol. 

• RMweb Gold
Just now, big jim said:

that will be my alarm clock then!

are you heading down to see it? if so I’ll see you on the platform around then

Yes I’ll go by the footbridge beyond the station  (past the taxi rank) and walk in afterwards, as I’m staying at a hotel here and not have platform access

• RMweb Gold

Notice it’s booked to sit in Bescot loop for about 45 mins ‘for a passing train’ I’ll keep tabs incase it runs to international early, it’s booked to pick up there so it won’t leave early (you would hope!) 

38 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Yes I’ll go by the footbridge beyond the station  (past the taxi rank) and walk in afterwards, as I’m staying at a hotel here and not have platform access

Half the time at international the ticket barriers are open on the station, so it may be worth checking to see if you could pop down. 

Of course, they could close them when you’re on the platform, but what’s life without a little danger? :)

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, big jim said:

Notice it’s booked to sit in Bescot loop for about 45 mins ‘for a passing train’ I’ll keep tabs incase it runs to international early, it’s booked to pick up there so it won’t leave early (you would hope!) 

off topic but..

talking of early..

I went out to see 44871 earlier this week, and wanted a vantage spot where the UF/DF cross over a bridge over the DS/US on the Brighton mainline at Coulsdon. I was there 20 mins early, only to find it 18 early, on the DF instead of DS… only just caught it!

This cutting is fantastic, both are.. imagine 130 years ago digging this out, and dumping it 3 miles down the road in an artificial hill.

You dont get much steam on the DF avoiding Redhill!

If theres not much else out tomorrow might 70000 get a bit of UF action ? - its the only thing between 6am and 11am at Bham intl.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, njee20 said:

Also just tried to pre-book tickets and found they seem to be taken down. Still, I’d sooner give the extra £2 to the club than the ticket vendor, who seem pretty poor based on the fact they’re still saying you can sign up for advanced notification of the tickets becoming available!  

I couldn't order a show guide 4 days before the cut-off date.

The ticket vendor is the NEC.

Ticket Factory is what they call the NEC Box Office these days.

Note, it is not Ticket Master an entirely different company

• RMweb Gold

Just another observation, theres two Hanson and Hall moves through intl tomorrow too..

1123 Crewe -Wembley, and 1730 reverse. (at intl).

Earlier this week the 4 X H&H HST power cars were dragging 777’s about, (2 at the front, 2 at the rear)  this “might” be another such move.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1