Locomotion Models

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I hope I’ve put this in the right place but has anyone had any difficulties in contacting Locomotion Model’s?  I’ve been trying to contact them over the last week regarding a order.

I’ve tried calling them but it just rings once and then goes to ‘Muzak’, no suggestion that you’ve got the right number and your waiting for someone to answer you.  I’ve sent several emails, again with no reply.

I’m hoping it’s a technical glitch but very frustrating.  Does anyone know of a different number, other to the one on the website?

• RMweb Premium

Yes as Brian points out this seems to be par for the course . Did Dennis Lovett retire ? It used to be you could contact him through this forum .

Given all the previous issues and what appears to be the normal, for Locomotion, "radio silence" it would certainly put me off dealing with them , and I can't be the only one that's reached that conclusion . 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Most of everything comes down to one chap, Stuart, doing everything from taking calls and emails and packing for despatch. I daresay he's inundated with people asking "where's my Deltic?"

Don't go hard on him but there are times when additional resources are needed there.

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Most of everything comes down to one chap, Stuart, doing everything from taking calls and emails and packing for despatch. I daresay he's inundated with people asking "where's my Deltic?"

Don't go hard on him but there are times when additional resources are needed there.

That's the trouble with a one man band, you need to split yourself into many parts just to keep on top of everything.  A friend has said that if I don't get a response within the next few days, I should contact my credit card company and get them to deal with it.  It seems a bit of a over kill but as time marches on, I may have no options left to me.

• RMweb Gold

Also having problems - a simple on line post about the despatch details would cut down the emails. Has anyone had a reply to any request asking if we get a courier tracking number so we can arrange to avoid days when a doorstep drop will be on days we are out? If I do get a response I will post the answer.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Legend said:

Yes as Brian points out this seems to be par for the course . Did Dennis Lovett retire ? It used to be you could contact him through this forum .

Given all the previous issues and what appears to be the normal, for Locomotion, "radio silence" it would certainly put me off dealing with them , and I can't be the only one that's reached that conclusion . 

9 minutes ago, john new said:

Also having problems - a simple on line post about the despatch details would cut down the emails. Has anyone had a reply to any request asking if we get a courier tracking number so we can arrange to avoid days when a doorstep drop will be on days we are out? If I do get a response I will post the answer.

16 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

That's the trouble with a one man band, you need to split yourself into many parts just to keep on top of everything.  A friend has said that if I don't get a response within the next few days, I should contact my credit card company and get them to deal with it.  It seems a bit of a over kill but as time marches on, I may have no options left to me.

As was posted here a few months ago,Dennis Lovett has indeed retired. Locomotion Models has its own space on Products and Trade Area,so this surely is a more appropriate place to raise the issue and not here. The guy in overall charge is Tom Mackie who is a forum member .He should be your contact for this and other issues. PM him.Stuart ,poor lad,is the fall guy and when things go wrong,he’s the one in the firing line.There is only so much one pair of hands can achieve…as Andy has posted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

My mistake, thinking it was a model shop, this was the best place to ask the question.  I’ll ask Andy to move this thread to the main one.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, john new said:

Although my email bounced (the problem mentioned) have now received a response via the web form to will we get a tracking number-

UPS should send you an email confirmation with tracking details when the models leave Locomotion, where you should be able to track and/or divert your parcel. This should be around the w/c 27th June

Update therefore shared with due thanks also sent back to Locomotion Models.

Edited by john new
Thanks added to Locomotion
  • Like 1

Hello,

Thank you for all the comments and as some people say we are a small team managing Locomotion Models with some vacancies still to fill one in marketing. We have added casual team members in to support very recently and they are getting up to speed which takes time. One will be Kitty who I think has replied to queries today as Stuart has been called away on an emergency. 

We do say allow up to 5 days for reply to queries due to the small team on site and if it goes over this please PM or email me direct and will sort it as a matter of urgency my email is thomas.mackie@sciencemuseum.ac.uk.

Cheers

Tom

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tom Mackie SMG said:

Hello,

Thank you for all the comments and as some people say we are a small team managing Locomotion Models with some vacancies still to fill one in marketing. We have added casual team members in to support very recently and they are getting up to speed which takes time. One will be Kitty who I think has replied to queries today as Stuart has been called away on an emergency. 

We do say allow up to 5 days for reply to queries due to the small team on site and if it goes over this please PM or email me direct and will sort it as a matter of urgency my email is thomas.mackie@sciencemuseum.ac.uk.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

I do have one sales related question. Please can I buy Mallard? I have good credit and can go up to £75.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Hi Tom,

I do have one sales related question. Please can I buy Mallard? I have good credit and can go up to £75.

I’ll go £80 but I want it delivered 😄

• Funny 3

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Does anyone else have problems with the locomotion website on a phone? I was browsing looking for present ideas. If I look at a product category as soon as I click on the first photo to open it, it goes to the product page and keeps bouncing back to it when you go back to the full list. It makes searching it virtually impossible as you can only get through by flicking it down and then hitting back when the product page comes up or go to another menu then back to the category. Talk about hard work! @LocomotionatShildon can you try it on an iPhone and see if you get problems too, it may be costing you business.

https://www.locomotionmodels.com/exclusives/

Edited by PaulRhB

On 24/08/2023 at 17:46, PaulRhB said:

Does anyone else have problems with the locomotion website on a phone? I was browsing looking for present ideas. If I look at a product category as soon as I click on the first photo to open it, it goes to the product page and keeps bouncing back to it when you go back to the full list. It makes searching it virtually impossible as you can only get through by flicking it down and then hitting back when the product page comes up or go to another menu then back to the category. Talk about hard work! @LocomotionatShildon can you try it on an iPhone and see if you get problems too, it may be costing you business.

Yes I raised this problem when the new website was launched. I was also not able to make visa card payments through the website and thus if I want any of the current NCIM models I need to make the four hour round trip to York. 

I'm not sure if the payment issue has been fixed, but the issue of browsing the website on mobile has not. 

Cheers,

On 24/08/2023 at 17:46, PaulRhB said:

Hi, we apologise that you have experienced issues using our website. I can assure you that we are working with our website developers to resolve this problem, and hope that it will improve soon. In the meantime, please feel free to email us at queries-locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk and we will be happy to help with any questions and/or order requests. Thanks, Locomotion Models

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/09/2023 at 11:51, Locomotion No. 3 said:

Hi, we apologise that you have experienced issues using our website. I can assure you that we are working with our website developers to resolve this problem, and hope that it will improve soon. In the meantime, please feel free to email us at queries-locomotionmodels@locomotion.org.uk and we will be happy to help with any questions and/or order requests. Thanks, Locomotion Models

Which I have just done to arrange delivery of my Accurascale D6700 as I’m away for a few days & don’t want it left on the doorstep…Yes it has happened believe it or not ! Phone lines are apparently “open” Tuesday to Thursday.I am trying but so far receiving soothing “Muzak” .Now let’s wait & see if this post is read & my email answered and acted upon appropriately 

9 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Which I have just done to arrange delivery of my Accurascale D6700 as I’m away for a few days & don’t want it left on the doorstep…Yes it has happened believe it or not ! Phone lines are apparently “open” Tuesday to Thursday.I am trying but so far receiving soothing “Muzak” .Now let’s wait & see if this post is read & my email answered and acted upon appropriately 

Hi Ian,

Apologies that you couldn't get through on our phone lines today. We are a very small team and only have one colleague answering telephone enquiries, so the music you heard earlier indicates that she was dealing with another enquiry, sorry again that you couldn't get through. However, I can confirm that your email has been received, and we have made a note to dispatch your model at a later date. 

Thanks, Locomotion Models

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this same problem. Emails not answered from two weeks ago, phone not answered, messages left, not answered.

I even spoke to them on their stand at Warley, they said all relevant orders like mine were sent in the post on 23rd Nov. Nothing has arrived here, no information, no tracking number, just a complete lack of anything.

They are still not answering the phone again today, or returning calls following messages.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

19 hours ago, Brian-1c said:

I am also experiencing this same problem. Emails not answered from two weeks ago, phone not answered, messages left, not answered.

I even spoke to them on their stand at Warley, they said all relevant orders like mine were sent in the post on 23rd Nov. Nothing has arrived here, no information, no tracking number, just a complete lack of anything.

They are still not answering the phone again today, or returning calls following messages.

I have the same problem at the moment. No idea if the "in stock" order I placed last week was sent, if so the tracking id. As I'm abroad, this is critical info in order to pay importation charges prior to delivery. If you don't, it merely goes back which is a waste of my time and locomotions as I have no tracking id etc with the delivery people to chase them up.   

Edited by JSpencer

27 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

I have the same problem at the moment. No idea if the "in stock" order I placed last week was sent, if so the tracking id. As I'm abroad, this is critical info in order to pay importation charges prior to delivery. If you don't, it merely goes back which is a waste of my time and locomotions as I have no tracking id etc with the delivery people to chase them up.   

Hello,

I would like to investigate this with the team, please could you email me at thomas.mackie@sciencemuseum.ac.uk.

If you could share copies of emails/order confirmation this will help me.

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1