Which Models would you wish from Dapol?

Stefen1988

• RMweb Gold

Half cab pannier, 2721, 1854, or 850 but preferably 1854 if I have to choose.  These could be supplied as saddle tanks as well.  Any panelled auto trailer, but ideally diagram N, as available in 0 from the Lionheart range, or diagram A10, perhaps with auto-fitted 2021 to go with it.  Later 64xx with squared off corners between cab and bunker side, could be released as 74xx as well.  44xx.  Collet 1938 31xx, 3150 rebuild with 5'3" driving wheels, but 3150 as well.  TVR twin set auto trailers gangwayed within set, GW issued diagram A20 for these.  A43 'Cyclops' compartment auto trailer rebuilds and accompanying A44 non driving compartment trailers, can be supplied as unrebuilt brake 3rd and all 3rd as well. Non-gangwayed clerestories as used on Glyncorrwg miners' service (the Main Line & City ones are already on their way).  Replacement of Hornby Dublo/Wrenn based goods and mineral stock with scale bodies and correct wheelbase chassis with separate handbrake levers and metal buffers.  All metal wheels, and couplings that do not suffer from erectile disfunction.

All in 00, please.

Edited by The Johnster

On 19/10/2022 at 08:17, njee20 said:

That’s the joke…

In terms of obvious things I’d be keen to see; an 88, and the MRA wagons shrunk to N would be nice. 

Hi Gang,

+1 for both the 88 and the MRAs.

Later,

Stu from EGVN

I've already mentioned this one to both Andy and Richard, but as they've now done an extra tooling for the Britannia to get the extra tender, another cheap (in N) loco to tool would be the Clan, as the chassis and tender already exist.

Les

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Les1952 said:

I've already mentioned this one to both Andy and Richard, but as they've now done an extra tooling for the Britannia to get the extra tender, another cheap (in N) loco to tool would be the Clan, as the chassis and tender already exist.

Les

The Clan Class in N would be nice.

+100

• Agree 1

I have a few suggestions for “N”, mostly from existing tooling:

1. HST power cars with buffers (the “DVT” version) in variations of InterCity livery:

- Executive Livery with full yellow end and “InterCity 125” branding as per the original two conversions, 43014 and 43123

- InterCity Swallow with full yellow end, as worn by all 8 buffer fitted power cars during 1989 in the era when HST DVTs were  used with Class 91 locomotives on Kings Cross-Leeds services

- InterCity Swallow without full yellow end, which became the standard livery until privatisation.

These could even be sold as single dummy power cars by themselves rather in paired powered/dummy bix sets.

2. Mk3 DVTs (the coaching stock version) in InterCity Swallow (with the correct shades of grey this time) and Virgin liveries as these are both hard to find, and command high second hand prices.

3. Mk3a coaches in BR and privatisation liveries with the correct colours, brandings, and the 3 Roe-Vac roof ventilator roof which was tooled for the prototype HST. Despite the nay-sayers stating it wasn’t possible, this version of the roof was used for the C+M Models “ScotRail” book set re-issue last year, making these models more accurate than the original limited editions from 2014.

4. Sell the Mk3a coach roof (roe-vac style) as a spare part. Please?

5. How about some aircon Mk2 coaches eg Mk2D and Mk2E which might rival and be more readily available than the Farish Mk2F? This could include the Caledonian Sleeper BUO to go with the recently released Mk3 sleepers, plus coaches hard to represent accurately with the Farish Coaches (Mk2D TSO, FK, BFK etc).

I think most of these would be easy wins.

Cheers

Tom R.

Edited by tiger
Added “N” gauge
  • Agree 1

When - if ever - will somebody get round to producing an N gauge Southern 4-6-0, currently there are 2 somewhat dated kits, Langley's Urie S15, reasonably accurate but with the watercart tender only correct for a few of the class between mid 30s and 50's  and BHE N15, again Urie LSWR cab and intended to fit on a Farish black 5 chassis, but can be hacked to fit a Peco Jubilee, but then needs a suitable tender drive ; we desparately need  a RTR Nelson and Arthur and it shouldn't be too difficult to add an S15 and H15.

On 15/10/2022 at 21:59, AndrueC said:

I don't think I've come across that site before. That's certainly got a good collection although strangely some aren't available in N (but most are).

Thanks.

All of our figures are available in N, if for any reason some are showing as not available just pop me a message and I can sort it out for you.

Kind regards, 

Chris

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

In N Gauge:

Reliveries of existing toolings:

Milk tank in Satlink livery 

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/gwrbrmilktanks/h24d3cb9d#h24d3cb9d

43014 at Doncaster

43014 at Doncaster by Sean Lancastle on Flickr

43084 Leeds

43084 Leeds by British Rail 1980s and 1990s from Flickr

New Tooling:

Cargowaggon Flat (with different loads available as accessories

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/cargowaggonflat

Tiphook Curtain Side Ferry wagon

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/tiphooksteel

IUA Curtain Side Wagon

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/frenchcurtainside

Interfrigo Ferry Van

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ferryitalianinterfrigo

Twin Silo Cement Wagon

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ferrystscement

BOC Tank Wagons

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/boctank

PAA (Grainflow) Grain Wagon

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brtgraincovhop

Yeoman PHA

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/okphayeoman

Some nice international flavoured stock there which you might be able to tie up with DM Toys to distrubute on the continent

But whatever you do, please please please tighten up the QC process and get decoration right.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Joel from Dapol about Mk1 & Mk2 Coaches:

Thank you for the suggestion, you are not the first request we have had with regard to this. We have no current plans I am afraid but will put it on the development ldiscussion ist. The danger from our persective of course is that as soon as these are developed then a budget range from Farish could be released. The development of a Mk1 or Mk 2 range would be £100K's a lot of money iand risk in todays economic environment.

Maybe can we motivate them to do them, just look into the Farish announcement thread...

Edited by Stefen1988
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stefen1988 said:

Joel from Dapol about Mk1 & Mk2 Coaches:

Maybe can we motivate them to do them, just look into the Farish announcement thread...

If they could compete with a price point of around £30 per coach I think they'd be onto a winner.  Even if Farish suddenly released a massive batch of multiple liveries, assuming Dapol's offering was comparable and the right colour, they'd corner the market.  I don't think "budget range" in in Bachmann's vocabulary (well Kader's really).  As said on the Farish threads what N gaugers are missing is the availability of run of the mill rolling stock especially coaches.  I'd quite happily buy a £30 coach every time I happen to visit a model shop if they had stock.  But I know batch production tend to see a feast/famine scenario.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I could provide quite a wishlist if I put my mind to it. You're too late for my old chestnut of LMS Vestibule coaches, I've built six and they could be a spin off from the Hornby Coronation Scot work.

First, shrink that nice O gauge auto coach to 4mm scale.

Then, how about the proposed 14T tank in Midland Tar Distillers livery?

I need some Iron Ore hoppers of any BR or LMS / LNER / ex-PO steel types. The Bachmann (ex Mainline) ones are a stretched body to fit 10' WB underframe and I don't think it really fits any diagram.

Follow up with a proper LMS 12T van on a proper underframe, there were thousands of them.

While you are about that one an LMS 9' WB Banana Van, and put you BR one on the right chassis, correcting the Hornby Dublo raised section for the number as well.

Oh, and before I forget, I am still waiting to pension off my Triang Hornby Conflat L.

• RMweb Premium
On 03/11/2022 at 12:07, Stuart A said:

In N Gauge:

BOC Tank Wagons

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/boctank

Hi

They will appear as soon as I finish my rake.

0001 & 0007

4BCE9A1A-A0E9-4416-AC5E-6B34E13CFC03.png.191eb7706f3dc6ae0df0445b310c85bc.png

7695CD33-241C-4A49-824C-356E0892D3BA.png.2ee9a4de2efd830fe5b798835d0f8b10.png

025C4E75-8DC7-4F7C-8D84-89CFBA0A0D4E.png.ee79dd99db85aaad784c3956b838755a.png

3B2A359D-A492-4E39-970E-7CC3381BD4DB.png.c7e08d1440b6845dfe6f1ab166c9b715.png

0033, 0035 & 0040

BDFDFCCB-F42C-490E-A1BD-E2E0472561B0.png.71a7d6aa96bcf642f17c5c1365249575.png

Just need the barrels painting white and the transfers printing once I’ve finished the artwork.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

It might be nice if some of the offerings in other scales were replicated in TT. 

eg steamers- Manor, D class, 63xx,

diesels class 68, 67, 26, 27, 33 etc

units, classes 121, 153, 156, pacer

B set and Collet coaches

various wagons.....

except that I can't see it happening.....

Les

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very unlikely, apart from the initial fanfare from Hornby, it has gone very quiet.

TT is not the future no matter how much Hornby's dedicated army of social media spin doctors will have you believe.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

TT is not the future no matter how much Hornby's dedicated army of social media spin doctors will have you believe.

It's Hornby's future, maybe, and an opportunity, later, for Dapol if it gets traction.  But right now, I can't see Dapol wanting to take on another new scale.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if I've said it before, but..

Just finish your Mainline & City stock, so I can buy some.... If it's Western, then a Metro. I don't really mind (honest). 

In the spirit of impartiality, then:-

LMS 42500

Southern; either W, or Z class

Eastern/north Eastern, then a Raven pacific

Midland-ish... Any Great Central passenger locomotive, except Director or RoD

LNWR Beames 0-8-4

The problem for all of us, is the age demographic.  That, and other external factors, might drive sales returns even further into the niche. Model makers or collectors have a plethora of choice, but the shrinking age pool will make it very difficult indeed for manufacturers to recover investment costs.

I'd suggest that Bachmann have made their (probably) last Western model, which is the 94xx. TT is the next big thing, until that demographic is no longer effective. 

Wagons are still going strong. How about selling 16-ton minerals in either bauxite or grey, with a set of numbers so you can number yourself? 

Oh, and some Great Central coaches.....

Edited by tomparryharry
A bit more clarity, perhaps.
  • Like 1