Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann Winter Announcements 2022

Chris56057

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

Some more 90s such as the lsl ones would be nice 

Theres not a lot needed to make my Wolf of Badenoch roar…28871394-2779-4B94-81A6-ED01D2D59503.jpeg.c958abfa8ae1a7baa94b37f24f1c8777.jpeg37EEF293-300A-4E8B-9C39-8381EA7FCB42.jpeg.4950b327e4a0ead4fa469a7f55a4bd74.jpeg1B377F41-E6F1-4C54-A87C-FBFF4C287BD0.jpeg.a813a24ffdf356d3da55d367a5e10b7c.jpeg025BCD04-0768-4C8C-B1D1-1E219BAD30A5.jpeg.6e86d4efd1aea211590c4733cb4cadfc.jpeg

0. Find a Bachmann 32-610 

1. Remove numbers, builders plate and nameplate using a cocktail stick

2. Add 4 OHLE flashes (2000’s era Yellow) above the mainbody side cab handrail. (I used Replica Railways, but many options exist ).

3. add a 4mm high x 3.6mm width piece of plastic rod, painted roof grey to the roof on top of the stump on the roof at the non-pantograph end.

4. Repaint roof mounted pantograph wires red

5. Add nameplates (I used Fox, applied with double sided tape)

6. Add numbers (Railtec waterslide)

When I first thought about this, 90002 had DVT style horn grills, but since its reverted to original making it easier.

i’m not sure what else is different, if theres anything else i’m happy to hear ?

Edited by adb968008

1 hour ago, Weeny Works said:

As Graham Farish are owned by Bachmann & already produce an N gauge version, dare I dream of a Class 319 in OO? 🤔

A Northern 769 would be more tempting for me but they'd be daft to do one and not the other I think.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Weeny Works said:

As Graham Farish are owned by Bachmann & already produce an N gauge version, dare I dream of a Class 319 in OO? 🤔

Whats the differences between a 317/8/9/20/21/455/6/ and a 150….

Answer.. not a huge amount that couldnt be done with slides on a tooling.

The York based BREL mk3 Multiple unit family has a lot of similarities from a modelling perspective.

As I’m on the same track…

Whats the difference between a 350/450 and a 185

Answer..not a huge amount that couldnt be done with slides on a tooling.

Someone offers a kit for a 185 cab replacing a class 350 cab.

Bratchell Models built a business based on the York mk3 body.

Bachmann has the 150 and the Desiro, so its within their gift, assuming they were tooled in such a manner as to do it.

ive been squirelling away 150/2’s in order to do a 455/9. I need 5 bodies to do a 4 car (remove / replace or rebuild gangway ends and roof / body side mods to make the centre cars )… The moment I start it will be the moment they announce it…

as ive not started, i’m confident they wont yet announce it…
More chance 90002 as ive just about finished mine.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, thohurst said:

I'm desperately hoping there's gonna be one of the early AC electrics (81-84) in this announcement, or maybe a class 304/5/8. Would love to see pretty much anything with a pantograph!

The Bachmann EPB has a separate roof piece.

So for 2 Roof pieces, 1 cab end, and a motor bogie frame… you could have a Manchester -Bury class 504 (using gresley/thompson bogies for the rest).

sorry, kit basher in me.

What surprises me is we havent had a 64’ suburban coach, which is what the Wolverton units were based around. Only Replica and only in limited amounts (as I recall the used the tooling for other things).

Bachmann has so much potential in its tool room.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

We’ve had a blue disc headcode Class 40 recently - a TMC limited edition - so I can’t see another one any time soon.

It looks sold out now and that was pre-TOPS and so far we've only had that one and the weathered 40012 of the blue disc headcode Class 40s in the current tooling

On 31/10/2022 at 21:25, Tim123 said:

J39 retool please.Not being greedy, that's all I'm asking for.

Tim

Good shout but a LNER Gresley J6 would be fill a gap. Most of the other pre grouping railway have a rtr 0-6-0 tender loco but the GNR does not. They were used over a wide area of the GNR, LNER, BR(e) system.

Edited by wilks
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, farren said:

Don’t know about FFAs, I’m bettering on the FFSs,

never found them in the BR reference books. But have hard a lot of people mentioned them. 

I used to look after a whole fleet of FFSs but they are very rare in the UK, rather more common in the USA. Even there they are hard to get hold of now though I'm told.

For those who haven't got a clue what I'm on about an FFS is a 120v 1000w PAR64 lamp used in rock and roll lighting. We used to run them in series pairs to cope with the 240 volt supply, but the 120v lamps had a better lamp life due to thicker filaments, and old school lampies often preferred their dimming curve.

PAR lamps are getting much more difficult to get hold of now as so much of the industry has gone to LED and more modern fixtures.

Back to trains, more FFA and FGA, yes please, I need another two complete sets!

Andi

• Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, wilks said:

Tim

Good shout but a LNER Gresley J6 would be fill a gap. Most of the other pre grouping railway have a rtr 0-6-0 tender loco but the GNR does not. They were used over a wide area of the GNR, LNER, BR(e) system.

I think the J39 was slated for a re-tool (or possibly a re-chassis) a few years ago but was then cancelled by Bachmann. Good call on the J6 though

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Just leaving this here. After all, looking back to the future for your scales is fashionable right now...

PalitoyBox.jpg

Img_6099.jpg

(S gauge, in case you didn't spot it.)

6110….

This number must be in some way connected to the space / time continum….

it appears through out history…

Palitoy did it in S

Airfix did it in oo

Hornby just recently did it in oo..

Farish did it in n

S, OO, N….

its a message, its “Soon”

ive translated 6110 to hex… its another message

0x17DE

So no class 17’s…

GREAT SCOT..

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Whats the differences between a 317/8/9/20/21/455/6/ and a 150….

Answer.. not a huge amount that couldnt be done with slides on a tooling.

The York based BREL mk3 Multiple unit family has a lot of similarities from a modelling perspective.

As I’m on the same track…

Whats the difference between a 350/450 and a 185

Answer..not a huge amount that couldnt be done with slides on a tooling.

Someone offers a kit for a 185 cab replacing a class 350 cab.

Bratchell Models built a business based on the York mk3 body.

Bachmann has the 150 and the Desiro, so its within their gift, assuming they were tooled in such a manner as to do it.

Absolutely. The mk3 range of units is vast, and whilst details do vary, it'd be a fantastic range to announce. 

With the Desiros, the 350/450s are 20m vehicles, and 185s and 444s are 23m. The 185s and 444s don't share the same sides either, so they'd have to be unique toolings. That said, I'd absolutely love a 185. 

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

6110….

This number must be in some way connected to the space / time continum….

it appears through out history…

Palitoy did it in S

Airfix did it in oo

Hornby just recently did it in oo..

Farish did it in n

S, OO, N….

its a message, its “Soon”

ive translated 6110 to hex… its another message

0x17DE

So no class 17’s…

GREAT SCOT..

And comes with a flux capacitor stay alive fitted….

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, TomScrut said:

One thing that does seem to be rather pronounced in this quarters wishlist/wibble thread is there seems to be a lot of people after units.

Such as an early Mk1 AC unit that could be tooled to make the other stuff.

302/304/305/307/308.

Edited by newbryford
too many 305s
  • Like 1