Class 50, By Accurascale

7 hours ago, 50149 said:

I just accidentally preordered a DCC sound 50017. My first accurascale order, I’m so excited 😆. I just need a layout for it now 

Don't worry about not having a layout. I have one. You can send it to me and I will run it for you.  I will send you pictures and a youtube video.  :)

• Funny 8

22 hours ago, ikks said:

Revenge?, Furious?, Howe?, Valiant?, Repulse?, Fearless?, Courageous?, Glorious?, Resolution?, Achillies?, Leviathan?..............Obvious innit!, next loco will be a long neglected  long firebox Jubilee🤪🤪🤪. Oops better go to bed now....🤒.

Mike

Thank heavens Accurascale reads RMweb. Jubilees are gorgeous or they were whilst painted red. Perhaps they’ll give it a go after the Claughton, K4, K2, Gresley K1, Southern U, Saint and Star.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 25/11/2022 at 11:52, Michael Hodgson said:

Yes, this shade of green ...  a sort of Super Hymek.

image.png.a440ac83ee384c491cda15e9531fc615.png

I’m afraid I simply can’t unsee this, it looks so wrong!! Like a Hymek subjected to the loco equivalent of a 1970’s pro dart player diet 🤪 And surely it would have the broad green band a la class 25 and 47 thinking - those being the last new two tone green BR productions - the narrow low level sherwood green Of the Deltic/Hymek is a late 50s/early 60s design panel variant!! Nice idea though 😄

Love the D423, Accurascale - you would see 20+ of these a day at Crewe, 1968/9 onwards. Unfortunately they didn’t venture much south of Crewe until banishment to the WR!! 😉

Edited by MidlandRed
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MidlandRed said:

I’m afraid I simply can’t unsee this, it looks so wrong!! Like a Hymek subjected to the loco equivalent of a 1970’s pro dart player diet 🤪 And surely it would have the broad green band a la class 25 and 47 thinking - those being the last new two tone green BR productions - the narrow low level sherwood green Of the Deltic/Hymek is a late 50s/early 60s design panel variant!! Nice idea though 😄

Love the D423, Accurascale - you would see 20+ of these a day at Crewe, 1968/9 onwards. Unfortunately they didn’t venture much south of Crewe until banishment to the WR!! 😉

Preserved D444 Exeter was in the 47 style two tone green for a while, and it looked great. I didn’t really like the banger blue livery on them, though I hold a certain nostalgia towards it nevertheless. Sherwood green was the lighter green on the 47s and 25s. Deltics and Hymeks were a more lime green shade. Very tasteful they all looked too. I’m just too young to have seen them in service like that, they all had full yellow ends by the time I was old enough to notice the trains.

Edited by 97406
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

IMO, there is only one true livery for a 50 - Revised Standard. That is, Large Logo, without any embellishments and certainly no orange stripe. Everything else is heresy, and before LL was just experimentation, afterwards was just playing silly butters...

😉😉😉

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 23/11/2022 at 12:23, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Delighted to finally get this one out there with 3 years of work gone on in the background. As for liveries, there will be more including our Accurascale Exclusives announced in the new year.

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran

regarding the exclusives in 2023, can we have a bigger production run or at least these advertised on an evening period so at least those that missed out due to being at work etc, have a crack at getting them. There will always be those that miss out but it just makes the event/release more accessible. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

IMO, there is only one true livery for a 50 - Revised Standard. That is, Large Logo, without any embellishments and certainly no orange stripe. Everything else is heresy, and before LL was just experimentation, afterwards was just playing silly butters...

😉😉😉

I tend to agree - the large logo livery really suits the diesel classes it was applied to. 

Seeing all those class 50s at Crewe in the late 60s, some pristine straight after delivery, the older ones already quite dirty was a sight to behold - and particularly when new and shiny, those heavily rippled side panels made all the more obvious is an element not to be forgotten - I suspect no models have picked this particular facet up, however. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MJI said:

Luckily no 17 in just refurbished

As 50017, was one of the first to be refurbished in 1979, it was released in standard BR blue and without the headlight, though it was retro-fitted pretty soon afterwards.  Maybe Accurascale could do it or one of the other early ones (50006 Neptune springs to mind), refurbished, BR blue and no headlight.

Edited by jools1959
Additional information
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Fran

regarding the exclusives in 2023, can we have a bigger production run or at least these advertised on an evening period so at least those that missed out due to being at work etc, have a crack at getting them. There will always be those that miss out but it just makes the event/release more accessible. 

I mentioned above about a larger production run for any retailer and Accurascale Exclusive Class 50s so that it prevents most people from missing out. One of the Accurascale team, sorry I can’t remember who, reacted to my comment so I’m assuming that they have taken these comments on board, which I’m sure they have because they are excellent at listening to feedback and making tweaks where appropriate. 

This was my thoughts and worry too which is why I mentioned it. I think the Accurascale Class 50s will be incredibly popular. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

Fran.

Can i ask, Will D423 come with just blanking plates, on the front, that we can fit.

Its just so if you did want 1 with the /MU jumpers you could fit them your self from the little plastic bag.

But then begs the question, you would have to do MU jumpers in both colours ( ie orange & dark grey)

the question being did D423 operate with orange or grey boxes, in the early days. 

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, jools1959 said:

As 50017, was one of the first to be refurbished in 1979, it was released in standard BR blue and without the headlight, though it was retro-fitted pretty soon afterwards.  Maybe Accurascale could do it or one of the other early ones (50006 Neptune springs to mind), refurbished, BR blue and no headlight.

Already being done in the first batch - 50006 Neptune.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I was pulled by it in refurbished plain blue, best 50 run i have had

• RMweb Premium
On 24/11/2022 at 20:35, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Torbay Express,

Most certainly, as do the 37s!

E62CEE2B-45A8-40CF-B06C-6044262F19F1.jpeg.2b3fbd81feeaff6c224ef36cd8311569.jpeg

Cheers!

Fran

And I'll bet you'll also fit the earlier type to the pre-refurb examples no doubt!

(some of them slipped through refurb with these still fitted, 50005 being one off the top of my head)

50029.jpg

20 hours ago, 97406 said:

Preserved D444 Exeter was in the 47 style two tone green for a while, and it looked great. I didn’t really like the banger blue livery on them, though I hold a certain nostalgia towards it nevertheless. Sherwood green was the lighter green on the 47s and 25s. Deltics and Hymeks were a more lime green shade. Very tasteful they all looked too. I’m just too young to have seen them in service like that, they all had full yellow ends by the time I was old enough to notice the trains.

In my view D444's two tone green livery was the best, and is the one I was really hoping would be recreated.  Sadly, an Alliance representative has suggested this is unlikely ever to be an exclusive release by them, and is unlikely to be released by Accurascale.   Shame really

16 minutes ago, Covkid said:

In my view D444's two tone green livery was the best, and is the one I was really hoping would be recreated.  Sadly, an Alliance representative has suggested this is unlikely ever to be an exclusive release by them, and is unlikely to be released by Accurascale.   Shame really

I guess it would be a tough job for any manufacturer to schedule all the preserved examples when in the case of Class 50s over 130 locos have been saved.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Covkid said:

Unlikely why?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Covkid said:

That’s a come on into an ambush if ever I saw one .

Like when the wife uses that kind of psychology , “ I don’t suppose you will ever ….”

• Funny 4

8 minutes ago, e30ftw said:

Never say never, if there is a market for a profitable limited edition green ,maroon, intercity or loadhaul 50, why wouldn't they?

I would certaInly like to think Two Tone green D444 would be an option for the future but it seems opinions are polarised. for me it would actually be a "what if" to mix with the LMR green and blue Sulzers and 40s, but it is also an authentic loco because thr real one was painted so.  The only thing I would do is remove the "Exeter" nameplates were any fitted, and try and fit those EE lease plates instead.

As a matter of interest - would anyone else fancy a TTG D444 if one were produced ? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

One had a highland stag too..

just saying.

Very true, i forgot about that one, i wonder which one is the most niche with the lowest sales potential?

Would it be prudent for AS to do a poll to see which would be the most popular, for the subject of a limited edition.  Im sure they have enough on their plate with the more popular liveries to be developed, to be worried about such things at the moment.

Plus they need to develop the class 40 every one wants to see them tackle rather than KR.😜