Class 50, By Accurascale

On 23/01/2024 at 21:49, owentherail said:

That is coming for sure..... been pics in magazines 

Where did you see that? If so, take my money now! I remember buying the limited edition Lima one of these in 91. Think it was with Rails magazine?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 50025 said:

Where did you see that? If so, take my money now! I remember buying the limited edition Lima one of these in 91. Think it was with Rails magazine?

Was in Hornby mag a few months back..... D400 is unique and even in undercoat was recognisable with a headlight 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Accurascale said:

Group7.jpg.069c59575e9914e62402d12dd7aad01b.jpg

That nameplate doesn't look quite right. I don't think there's enough (red) space above the small letters so the proportions look slightly out. Here a photo of the real thing 

Royal Oak nameplate

Edited by brushman47544
Clarify that it's the lower case letters not the capitals

image.png.028f18037c0f0ce47f4bfcc5678e52d2.pngIs it just me but the first thing that notice is how much the removable roof panel sticks out. I have to say this a trend that I'm not a fan of having seen it on quite a few models now. 

Edited by shunny

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, shunny said:

image.png.028f18037c0f0ce47f4bfcc5678e52d2.pngIs it just me but the first thing that notice is how much the removable roof panel sticks out. I have to say this a trend that I'm not a fan of having seen it on quite a few models now. 

hopefully they have not been pushed down fully, the 37/55 are the same and they don't look that bad on my models. now you have drawn my eye to them, i can't help but notice it every time i look at the pics

45 minutes ago, Accurascale said:

BR Blue and NSE Class 50 Deco Samples Revealed!

As ever, some fit and finish issues are apparent on these samples, such as the headcode glass on D423 and the body to chassis fit on some examples, but these will be corrected on production models that you receive.

10 minutes ago, shunny said:

Is it just me but the first thing that notice is how much the removable roof panel sticks out. I have to say this a trend that I'm not a fan of having seen it on quite a few models now. 

Fit and finish issues are mentioned in the original post.  "Such as" means a number of issues, not just those listed.  Bit too early to start stressing about the fit of the roof panel when Accurascale say they are aware of and expected a number of issues to be resolved.

Personally I'd rather have a removable panel for easy DCC installation than having to perform open heart surgery on a £200 loco (yes Hornby I'm throwing that brickbat at you and the ridiculous having to remove the PCB in the 87 to fit a 21 pin chip upside down malarky)

• Agree 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Rodney looks great. I definitely prefer large logo livery with the thin yellow line over the windscreens to the version on Warspite where the black windscreen surrounds extend to the gutter at the front. I have both on order.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

Fit and finish issues are mentioned in the original post.  "Such as" means a number of issues, not just those listed.  Bit too early to start stressing about the fit of the roof panel when Accurascale say they are aware of and expected a number of issues to be resolved.

Personally I'd rather have a removable panel for easy DCC installation than having to perform open heart surgery on a £200 loco (yes Hornby I'm throwing that brickbat at you and the ridiculous having to remove the PCB in the 87 to fit a 21 pin chip upside down malarky)

I understand they are samples but better to highlight now than wait until finished. I also find it odd we applaud manufacturers for putting a tiny detail on the underside of a loco we won't see but are happy to have over sized seam lines on the removable  roof panels to allow easy access for DCC. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

37 minutes ago, shunny said:

I'm also not a fan of the removable roof trend. Personally don't see any point in it unless you expect a need to replace smoking decoders. 

There are some nice aspects of the model and I'm looking forward to a production version to see the fit of the body to the chassis as you noted the fit isn't great. Have you managed a way of fitting scale wheels and keeping a nice ride height? Tricky and something Hornby couldn't do. 

• RMweb Gold

Looks exactly how I'd want a state of the art 4mm 50 to look - highly detailed, convincing presence and well put together (especially considering these are pre production mules). I think we are basing too much sometimes on pin sharp digital images several times bigger than the actual model and then suggesting 'faults' that simply wont be visible in operation on a layout. My sound fitted 37 happens to be parked next to me at the moment  - I'd forgotten the roof panel is removal and can't even see the joint!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, shunny said:

I understand they are samples but better to highlight now than wait until finished. I also find it odd we applaud manufacturers for putting a tiny detail on the underside of a loco we won't see but are happy to have over sized seam lines on the removable  roof panels to allow easy access for DCC. 

I take it then that you will be “shunning” these locomotives when they become available due to the diabolical removable roof panels.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 3
  • Funny 6

7 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

I take it then that you will be “shunning” these locomotives when they become available due to the diabolical removable roof panels.

Cheers

Darius

No I have one ordered and want it to look right when it arrives. Like any model samples are supposed to there to see what amendments need made.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, shunny said:

The post does mention fit and finish issues so they're not going to leave out something as obvious as that .

• Like 1

A manufacturer, Accurascale, goes out of their way to make life easier for modellers by introducing a removeable roof panel and gets criticised for it on a painted sample. I'm sure if the experts on here have noticed an anomaly, so will Accurascale themselves. Less chance of damaging your model, therefore more chance of being able to use the lifetime guarantee if needed, what more can you wish for? The liveries look great by the way.

• Like 5
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, sirwilliamfrs said:

A manufacturer, Accurascale, goes out of their way to make life easier for modellers by introducing a removeable roof panel and gets criticised for it on a painted sample. I'm sure if the experts on here have noticed an anomaly, so will Accurascale themselves. Less chance of damaging your model, therefore more chance of being able to use the lifetime guarantee if needed, what more can you wish for? The liveries look great by the way.

It's crazy, isn't it!?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

It's crazy, isn't it!?

What's crazy is if I had pointed this out on a Hornby or Heljan model everyone would have agreed and said how bad it looks even though there samples are just as put together at this stage as everyone else's but because I've pointed it out on an accurascale it seems to be an sin to point it out. They seem to welcome feedback so I gave them my thoughts especially as panel is different and doesn't go to all the way to body sides like other models so is more noticeable.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3