Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

New loco announcement at warley

13 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

I think they may be tempted to produce a locomotive to match some of the recent "history of coal" wagons eg cauldrons.  Dumb-buffered, possibly?

despite being a GC modeller, given strong family connections to Seaham Harbour I would crawl over broken glass for a Coffee Pot or the Lewin.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

I think they may be tempted to produce a locomotive to match some of the recent "history of coal" wagons eg cauldrons.  Dumb-buffered, possibly?

Y8 replica being built or a Y7 already preserved both fitted !!.

Or a lovely old preserved NER 0-6-0 J21 even better as a mixed goods engine , dont think it had any dumb buffers 😁 ??

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

Didn't Paul drop a hint at the end of the NER 20T video? Joined up thinking says it is a industrial loco that is based at Beamish

That doesn't narrow it down much, although the Y7 is based there.

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

It's an all-new Class 37 to overfroth the yet to be delivered Accurascale 37, so better prepare to weigh-in those pre-orders everyone; this all-new 37, redesigned from the ground up, eradicates all the niggles you've yet to highlight on the one you've pre-ordered AND it is already in production, featuring the following models in the first release:

37001    37002    37003    37004    37005    37006    37007    37008    37009    37010

D6994    D6995    D6996    D6997    D6998    D6999  

I cant believe you missed 37558.

nothing in it for me.

tut tut tut

😀

Edited by adb968008
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Helmdon said:

Keeps both my last guesses in play though.

Yes, either of those would be good.

Well, we will know in just under 2 hours.

Suppose I had better go and do some work in the meantime.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mooresby said:

An Electrostar in (amongst others) GWR livery!

And then I wake up........

I’m beginning to think the day we see an Electrostar will be the day I don't wake up.

Looking at prices of some recent units i’m beginning to think it will put me to sleep if I saw it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I’m beginning to think the day we see an Electrostar will be the day I don't wake up.

Looking at prices of some recent units i’m beginning to think it will put me to sleep if I saw it.

We have forayed into (not silly expensive) units..https://www.accurascale.com/collections/railcar-class-22000-icr

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jonnyuk said:

nobody has said it yet but has this announcement been brought forward because of a Hornby announcement  at Warley, has AS caught wind its the same thing? if so i would say its something Hornby already have (and are announcing a re-tool), so a 50/60? i would say a 50, the 60 is still a really good model

Accurascale announced the 37 in the week of Warley, just like this rather then at the show.  

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

Didn't Paul drop a hint at the end of the NER 20T video? Joined up thinking says it is a industrial loco that is based at Beamish

I need to take a visit to there as it's been too long!

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

The J21 was based at Beamish at one time but I don't know if it is still there.   Mind you didn't they something about a 'small' announcement and that would fit with the Y7/NER Class H.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Why do people keep suggesting a 60? There is not much wrong with the current one. Granted it could do with a DCC update in terms of lighting functions but the basic shape is spot on.

As for the 50, where do I start? There is a lot that can be improved. I predict it is NOT a 60.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Din said:

I have a horrible feeling my wallet isn't...

me too.

13 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

Why do people keep suggesting a 60? There is not much wrong with the current one. Granted it could do with a DCC update in terms of lighting functions but the basic shape is spot on.

As for the 50, where do I start? There is a lot that can be improved. I predict it is NOT a 60.

There was nothing much wrong with the Dapol Manor at the time Accurascale announced theirs. Two things then happened - AS headed towards producing what looks to be an excellent manor (best GWR tender loco to date?) and Dapol somewhat missed the mark on elements of theirs....

Just because there is a very good model on the market, does not mean AS won't better it.

Was there that much wrong with the Hornby 31?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1