New loco announcement at warley

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Well in one hour you will know, and we are pretty excited by it. Just to clear up one point on "why today?". Well, as @BR Blue pointed out, this is how we did the 37 and it went really well, and we suspect there will be an abundance of noise on Saturday, so we're giving everyone a chance by not drowning them out and vice versa. It also encourages you to come see us at Warley armed with feedback and questions which we will do our best to answer.

Oh and if this announcement isnt for you, drop by anyway. The 89 sample, NER hoppers and the free catalogues will make it worthwhile, we promise!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
Just now, G-BOAF said:

Was there that much wrong with the Hornby 31?

Yes, I do not think it captured the shape of the 31 well. Not to mention the lack of sub versions. On top of that the Mazak problems made people wary of them even though the later versions were unaffected. When it was announced that a new Accurascale model was coming guesses were generally a 31 or a 50. Now there is a 31 coming, the 50 has to be soon. If not today and if not Accurascale, there will be a new 50 soon.

There is much lower hanging fruit than a 60. If this announcement is a diesel, odds-on it will be a 50 as it is far and away the most obvious choice. The 60 is not in the running. If it is a steam engine or an electric, than I have no idea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Well in one hour you will know, and we are pretty excited by it. Just to clear up one point on "why today?". Well, as @BR Blue pointed out, this is how we did the 37 and it went really well, and we suspect there will be an abundance of noise on Saturday, so we're giving everyone a chance by not drowning them out and vice versa. It also encourages you to come see us at Warley armed with feedback and questions which we will do our best to answer.

Oh and if this announcement isnt for you, drop by anyway. The 89 sample, NER hoppers and the free catalogues will make it worthwhile, we promise!

Cheers!

Fran 

Will you guys be taking preorders and (cash) payments on things at the stand at all?

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

If we take the MGR wagons as an example perhaps it is something that Accura placed one of their logos on at some point to "claim" it as theirs.........

Ive seen that on a loco too…

😀

For £10 you could write anything you wanted on the loco,  so successful that gala weekend, it paid for its paint job… 11 of them were running that weekend…

Clue has to be in the NSE coaches….with nothing yet to pull them (Not even a 37 in the North West).

Edited by adb968008

5 hours ago, Axlebox said:

I was going to dip my toe in the guessing game Poole, so that’s my cryptic guess…

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Mind you didn't they something about a 'small' announcement and that would fit with the Y7/NER Class H.

Y? That would make Stephen very sad. Even if seven came along at the same time.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Phatbob said:

So long as it's real class 70 and not one of those fugly diesels.

https://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=452713

I will just suck up that comment, it can't be "one of those Fugkly diesels"  as they were electrics...

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Agree 1