New loco announcement at warley

13 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

I think they may be tempted to produce a locomotive to match some of the recent "history of coal" wagons eg cauldrons.  Dumb-buffered, possibly?

despite being a GC modeller, given strong family connections to Seaham Harbour I would crawl over broken glass for a Coffee Pot or the Lewin.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

I think they may be tempted to produce a locomotive to match some of the recent "history of coal" wagons eg cauldrons.  Dumb-buffered, possibly?

Y8 replica being built or a Y7 already preserved both fitted !!.

Or a lovely old preserved NER 0-6-0 J21 even better as a mixed goods engine , dont think it had any dumb buffers 😁 ??

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

Didn't Paul drop a hint at the end of the NER 20T video? Joined up thinking says it is a industrial loco that is based at Beamish

That doesn't narrow it down much, although the Y7 is based there.

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

It's an all-new Class 37 to overfroth the yet to be delivered Accurascale 37, so better prepare to weigh-in those pre-orders everyone; this all-new 37, redesigned from the ground up, eradicates all the niggles you've yet to highlight on the one you've pre-ordered AND it is already in production, featuring the following models in the first release:

37001    37002    37003    37004    37005    37006    37007    37008    37009    37010

D6994    D6995    D6996    D6997    D6998    D6999  

I cant believe you missed 37558.

nothing in it for me.

tut tut tut

😀

Edited by adb968008
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Helmdon said:

Keeps both my last guesses in play though.

Yes, either of those would be good.

Well, we will know in just under 2 hours.

Suppose I had better go and do some work in the meantime.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mooresby said:

An Electrostar in (amongst others) GWR livery!

And then I wake up........

I’m beginning to think the day we see an Electrostar will be the day I don't wake up.

Looking at prices of some recent units i’m beginning to think it will put me to sleep if I saw it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I’m beginning to think the day we see an Electrostar will be the day I don't wake up.

Looking at prices of some recent units i’m beginning to think it will put me to sleep if I saw it.

We have forayed into (not silly expensive) units..https://www.accurascale.com/collections/railcar-class-22000-icr

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jonnyuk said:

nobody has said it yet but has this announcement been brought forward because of a Hornby announcement  at Warley, has AS caught wind its the same thing? if so i would say its something Hornby already have (and are announcing a re-tool), so a 50/60? i would say a 50, the 60 is still a really good model

Accurascale announced the 37 in the week of Warley, just like this rather then at the show.  

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

Didn't Paul drop a hint at the end of the NER 20T video? Joined up thinking says it is a industrial loco that is based at Beamish

I need to take a visit to there as it's been too long!

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

The J21 was based at Beamish at one time but I don't know if it is still there.   Mind you didn't they something about a 'small' announcement and that would fit with the Y7/NER Class H.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Why do people keep suggesting a 60? There is not much wrong with the current one. Granted it could do with a DCC update in terms of lighting functions but the basic shape is spot on.

As for the 50, where do I start? There is a lot that can be improved. I predict it is NOT a 60.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Din said:

I have a horrible feeling my wallet isn't...

me too.

13 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

Why do people keep suggesting a 60? There is not much wrong with the current one. Granted it could do with a DCC update in terms of lighting functions but the basic shape is spot on.

As for the 50, where do I start? There is a lot that can be improved. I predict it is NOT a 60.

There was nothing much wrong with the Dapol Manor at the time Accurascale announced theirs. Two things then happened - AS headed towards producing what looks to be an excellent manor (best GWR tender loco to date?) and Dapol somewhat missed the mark on elements of theirs....

Just because there is a very good model on the market, does not mean AS won't better it.

Was there that much wrong with the Hornby 31?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1