Modelmaster

TheEngineShed

22 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Yes, fine. However those that attempt to stand in the way of continuous baiting of the obviously failing individual are just as entitled to their opinions as 'the mob'. We may be seen to be defending the business. We are NOT, we are defending a fellow human being who is being mercilessly mocked. It is the Business that is failing.

WE just try to suggest that the man be left out of it. We have no idea of circumstances. Not guilty until proven so.

Phil

Not delivering items sold is fraud. Pure and simple.

Would you put up with such antics if you didn't receive something ordered from an online model shop, eBay or Amazon, or would you report it demanding a refund?

The post above says two years. That's indefensible and I have no idea why anyone is.

Jason

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
On 01/12/2022 at 15:44, Mallard60022 said:

Yes, fine. However those that attempt to stand in the way of continuous baiting of the obviously failing individual are just as entitled to their opinions as 'the mob'. We may be seen to be defending the business. We are NOT, we are defending a fellow human being who is being mercilessly mocked. It is the Business that is failing.

WE just try to suggest that the man be left out of it. We have no idea of circumstances. Not guilty until proven so.

Phil

I don't see how you can leave the man out of the business, when it is a one man business; He is the business

Edited by rab
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Here here!

Some humanity is called for, our hobby relies on many one person businesses, if they are having a bad time then the business suffers. Let us save our ire for those that really deserve it, I can think of more than a few....

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Tis the season and all that, but Modelmaster is still, effectively ripping (some) people off, which is hard to forgive if you are the person affected.  

Andy is correct in that the right thing to do is to not order from Modelmaster so as to eliminate the opportunity for poor service.

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Would you put up with such antics if you didn't receive something ordered from an online model shop, eBay or Amazon, or would you report it demanding a refund?

The post above says two years. That's indefensible and I have no idea why anyone is.

Jason

Have I ever said that I would not report or demand a refund from anyone?

READ my post. The 'man' could be as guilty as hell, BUT he ain't been tried yet and two years into this and NOONE has had the b##s to actually pursue the 'fraud' to a conclusion. Why not? 

I assume you would stand by and watch someone being severely beaten up by a number of other people when all you knew was the individual on the floor had been doing some stupid things?

Why have you not pursued this until the relevant Authorities have dealt with the 'fraud'?

I'll repeat my comment again. He ain't guilty...until proven so. 

Until then, as Mr York has said, don't use the Business. Warn others that the Business is NOT working, a situation I have never disagreed with. However, leave the fellow human being alone. 

The whole attitude of some on here reminds me of the 'mob' mentality at football matches in the 70s. 

6 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Tis the season and all that, but Modelmaster is still, effectively ripping (some) people off, which is hard to forgive if you are the person affected.  

Andy is correct in that the right thing to do is to not order from Modelmaster so as to eliminate the opportunity for poor service.

Darius

Nobody denies that that may well be situation.

This advice from Mr York should have been confirmed and 'the kicking', of the man down, on what is around the third thread about this, should have been 'called out' a very long time back.

14 hours ago, 30368 said:

Here here!

Some humanity is called for, our hobby relies on many one person businesses, if they are having a bad time then the business suffers. Let us save our ire for those that really deserve it, I can think of more than a few....

Kind regards,

Richard B

Thank you for that. Sadly there are a group on these threads that appear unable to tackle the failing Business in a professional and Legal way and await the time when the 'Business owner' is 'tried'. 

They have decided the verdict before the case is heard. 

I really hope none of them are called for Jury Service.

Yes, being owed money is not acceptable. Yes, the Business isn't operating in a fit for purpose way. Those are the thigs that need investigating before judgement and a verdict is agreed.

I am not trying to be argumentative with anyone about 'the Business', just asking for some reasonable humanity to be shown towards the Business person, as I respect reasonable understating of what I have been saying as is what I thought this Forum was all about?

19 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yup, but that isn't yet proven is it? Again I ask politely for you to read my post.

Phil 

• Round of applause 1

22 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Not delivering is a Visa/Mastercard/Paypal chargeback right, pure and simple.

No money cost and no money lost and if enough people use that facility eventually Modelmaster will be forced to resolve whatever it is that causes problems or lose the ability to take online payments.

Anyone paying cash, cheque or electronic transfer these days is taking a gamble which may or may not result in the delivery of ordered goods.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Not delivering is a Visa/Mastercard/Paypal chargeback right, pure and simple.

No money cost and no money lost and if enough people use that facility eventually Modelmaster will be forced to resolve whatever it is that causes problems or lose the ability to take online payments.

Anyone paying cash, cheque or electronic transfer these days is taking a gamble which may or may not result in the delivery of ordered goods.

Visa/Mastercard/PayPal don’t take these chargebacks on the chin.  The cost of these are incorporated into their service charges which get paid by their customers.  Just because chargebacks are available doesn’t excuse the behaviour of Modelmaster.

Darius

30 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Visa/Mastercard/PayPal don’t take these chargebacks on the chin.  The cost of these are incorporated into their service charges which get paid by their customers.  Just because chargebacks are available doesn’t excuse the behaviour of Modelmaster.

Darius

I used to work doing Section 75 and Chargebacks, chargebacks are levied against the Merchant's bank which then levies it from the Merchant.  The merchant has the option to challenge the Chargeback but in doing so needs to provide proof the goods were delivered.

Section 75 on the other hand is taken in the chin by the card issuer.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I used to work doing Section 75 and Chargebacks, chargebacks are levied against the Merchant's bank which then levies it from the Merchant.  The merchant has the option to challenge the Chargeback but in doing so needs to provide proof the goods were delivered.

Section 75 on the other hand is taken in the chin by the card issuer.

If there are a large number of chargebacks, would they consider withdrawing the card facility? 

7 minutes ago, JohnR said:

If there are a large number of chargebacks, would they consider withdrawing the card facility? 

Been a long time, and that was a function of the Merchant Services side of the business - we just did the charging back for the customers.

But I'd expect that there will be a charge levied for the cost of administering a chargeback against a merchant just like there are bank charges on customers for going overdrawn, having cheques returned etc.  If a business becomes a regular attractor of chargebacks the bank is going to look carefully at how profitable the business is to the bank and if it is costing more to service the agreement than it receives in profit then it will look to sever ties if the merchant doesn't up it's game.

• RMweb Gold

Been a few years since I left the banking world, but from memory Barclaycard Merchant Services charge around £25 for processing a successful chargeback where the retailer uses their payment processing. That's in addition to the original transaction amount being removed from the retailers bank account by Direct Debit. Definitely something any business, large or small, should avoid incurring.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

I received an email yesterday to say my order is being processed. An improvement?

I don't know about an improvement, but certainly an encouraging sign of 'progress' - when I got this I still had to wait nearly two months for delivery. You should get another advising despatch..........at some point!

• Like 1

On 14/12/2022 at 12:31, Bulleidboy100 said:

I received an email yesterday to say my order is being processed. An improvement?

I ordered two sets of nameplates on the 7th of August.  A month later "Processing in Progress" and nothing since.  Does not obviously mean much. Just a delaying tactic. Hope you have better luck than me.

• AY Mod locked this topic