The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2023

didcot

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Hroth said:

A fancy colour scheme won't make it any faster, unless they have a slippy paint...

Cue W R C Shedenhelm in his Slightly Modified page in Sports Car Graphic in the '60s. Photo is of two ladies sitting in a grandstand. It is, or has been, wet, and one lady has what appears to be a polythene bag protecting her hair and pulled half-way down her face. It transpires that the two ladies are drivers' wives, and this is a CanAm race. According to WRCS's caption, Mrs Earl Jones is saying "So I said to him 'Gee it's such a pretty car - how come you don't drive it faster?' and Whammo!"

INITIAL CONTACT MADE OVER POSSIBLE McLAREN-HONDA F1 REUNION.

IMHO Honda need to make their mind up, = IN or OUT.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/initial-contact-made-over-possible-mclaren-honda-f1-reunion/?fbclid=IwAR2ZVXMLMJkLmt3o_75GLMEKHdLaLcUFMUMpmMFdAizXtq3arvR3SPfe4KQ

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

INITIAL CONTACT MADE OVER POSSIBLE McLAREN-HONDA F1 REUNION.

IMHO Honda need to make their mind up, = IN or OUT.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/initial-contact-made-over-possible-mclaren-honda-f1-reunion/?fbclid=IwAR2ZVXMLMJkLmt3o_75GLMEKHdLaLcUFMUMpmMFdAizXtq3arvR3SPfe4KQ

It's Honda - they are always like this.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 07/02/2023 at 16:07, Hroth said:

Never mind, less than a month to Round 1.

A fancy colour scheme won't make it any faster, unless they have a slippy paint...

Actually, you need shark skin paint. 😉

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SR71 said:

Pleading not guilty shows they aren't exactly brain surgeons. As if that wasn't confirmed by opting to sit in front of a 200mph carbon fibre razor blade of course.

Pleading "not guilty" just means they wasted the publics money by having a full trial and milked the event for as much publicity as they could get.

They'll probably get a higher penalty than if they just pleaded "not guilty", though I imagine it won't be as tough as a custodial (actual or suspended) sentence.

IANAL,etc.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Gareth Collier said:

Perhaps they were staying in a nice hotel....

Jammy gits if they were, I had to commute in on the poxy tube to central London every day for my jury service.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Gareth Collier said:

Perhaps they were staying in a nice hotel....

I think hotels are only used for cases where the jury may be "approached"...... I had to commute whilst we were considering the verdict.

21 hours ago, 57xx said:

How the f*%& did the jury take 2 days to deliberate that??

Probably a couple of jury members who liked to be contrarian, stick it to "authority" or whatever, and it took a while to get them to see sense?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

With so many teams launching on a dummy car one ought to have a bit of fun, push the eco hype for a week and then from the mist between trees . . .

just unveil a pedal car! 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Funny 3

16 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

With so many teams launching on a dummy car one ought to have a bit of fun, push the eco hype for a week and then from the mist between trees . . .

just unveil a pedal car! 

I am just imagining Red Bull doing this, and to add to it, they would use Danni Ricciardo as the driver and not Verstappen or Perez.

Big cheesy grin whilst he pedals the car into view.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

18 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I am just imagining Red Bull doing this, and to add to it, they would use Danni Ricciardo as the driver and not Verstappen or Perez.

Big cheesy grin whilst he pedals the car into view.

Then as he pedals behind a view blocker, some minion passes him a can of hyper-caffinated beverage and Mr Bean roars out from the other side, scowling in a most unattractive manner, throwing the can to another minion...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1