New Announcement - Accurascale Deltics Are Back And Suitably Enhanced

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

On the subject of enhanced,is the new bogie something that could be retrofited onto the first batch to cure the chain issue, if so perhaps make some for resale when the new ones land.

I don’t think they have done anything to the chains on the bogie end. Didn’t they say they were going to mount the body end of the chains to the chassis from now on? 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

I don’t think they have done anything to the chains on the bogie end. Didn’t they say they were going to mount the body end of the chains to the chassis from now on? 

And it's a push fit rather than glued. I am also hoping they manage to produce a retro-fit kit.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 27/01/2023 at 22:28, RHF9019 said:

I would say yes.

Incidentally, and this is one for @Accurascale Fran, 20 never lost it's water filler. Sandboxes were plated over during it's last Intermediate Repair at the start of 1976 but not the water filler. A study of pictures on Chronicles of Napier shows the water filler. 

A good view of the boiler filler taken on Gateshead a couple of days after working it's last train.

http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/20_1-4-78.htm

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, RHF9019 said:

Ordered a sound 55020 last night. As I finished the order, little boy said he wanted a purple one. Will have to see how finances go, and availability....

A purple one? Is it too late to consider adoption? 😈

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, RHF9019 said:

Ordered a sound 55020 last night. As I finished the order, little boy said he wanted a purple one. Will have to see how finances go, and availability....

A child of taste and refinement I see. We should get badges to wear to exhibitions “I bought a purple deltic!” See how many angry looks we can get in an afternoon. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Actually the colour was never a problem for me the issue was those god awful Wipac light clusters, OK i know they were trying to meet the latest standards, but given we had class 37's running scheduled passenger trains until 2019 without them  it would suggest they wern't really needed.

• Agree 4

On 07/02/2023 at 08:32, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

It is a tooling mod, so it cant be retrofitted to older models unfortunately. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Do you have a full list of the improvements Fran? I would suggest drop-kicking the use of yellow plastic for small parts that aren't yellow. It's inevitable paint scratches over time and with black plastic, it's less noticeable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

A question for Accurascale. I have been in to my local model shop to order one of the new batch of deltics. They told me they couldn't order anything at the moment for me as there is a window in which you can order items which is why he couldn't order the mk2b coaches I wanted as he had missed the window for ordering. Are you able to say when they could order?

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, PM47079 said:

A question for Accurascale. I have been in to my local model shop to order one of the new batch of deltics. They told me they couldn't order anything at the moment for me as there is a window in which you can order items which is why he couldn't order the mk2b coaches I wanted as he had missed the window for ordering. Are you able to say when they could order?

Can you DM us the retailer as they've misunderstood the process :) 

Retailers can take all the orders they can, from when we launch an item, and only have to 'lock in ' THEIR orders when the order window opens for them. 

Anyone else after D9009 / Alycidon in two tone Green? Need one to head up my Belmond British Pullman in 2015 guise (including the crest on the nose would be lovely) 😁

reference photo / video bellow…

55 009, West Ealing, 16-05-15

Edited by WCML100
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

EXCLUSIVE TULYAR FOR THE DPS!

Hi everyone,

Once again we are delighted to be able to support our friends at the Deltic Preservation Society with a newly commissioned model of D9015 'Tulyar' in BR green with small yellow ends! Due Q1 2024!

1899583279_DPSTulyarcrop.png.24ae82fc8993a47ff81c158dc7cd6962.png

Pre-order yours with proceeds going to keep Deltics droning! https://thedps.co.uk/shop 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

EXCLUSIVE TULYAR FOR THE DPS!

Hi everyone,

Once again we are delighted to be able to support our friends at the Deltic Preservation Society with a newly commissioned model of D9015 'Tulyar' in BR green with small yellow ends! Due Q1 2024!

1899583279_DPSTulyarcrop.png.24ae82fc8993a47ff81c158dc7cd6962.png

Pre-order yours with proceeds going to keep Deltics droning! https://thedps.co.uk/shop 

Cheers!

Fran 

Hmm does that mean Royal Highland Fusilier in current guise is also on the way 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, ac1874 said:

What would the formation have been behind D9000 when it was used on Virgin Cross Country?

If I recall correctly, Mk.2e coaches and a formation of BSO, 4 or 5 TSOs and an RFB. A train could be all Intercity livery, Virgin or a mix of the two. 

Take a look at Flickr. 

Roy

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

If I recall correctly, Mk.2e coaches and a formation of BSO, 4 or 5 TSOs and an RFB. A train could be all Intercity livery, Virgin or a mix of the two. 

Take a look at Flickr. 

Roy

Mk2e or Mk2f. The RFB would certainly have been a Mk2f as they were the only type so converted.

Note that for Intercity livery, the Bachmann Swallow Mk2f RFB is incorrect for Deltic ops as it is modelled as first converted without the CDL lights.

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Take a look at Flickr. 

Roy

Virgin also had 2d bso as well. My friend and I always preferred the 2d's, as they had the nicest seats.

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just a wee update on our Run 2 Deltics. 

00-ASSY-VERSION_3-2_D9000_EARLY.jpg.7978a4717589ad48b29e0e2472a468f0.jpg

Above is the CAD for D9000/55022 in her Virgin XC days as we are modelling her. Due to the different cab footstep and era, RSG received a slightly different style of high intensity headlight that our other preserved Deltics wear. So, did we just fudge it and go with the same headlight that 95% of people wouldnt notice, or do we do it properly and tool the correct style of headlight? 

Well, as you can guess, we have gone for the latter, tooling up the new headlight and relationship between it and the unique footstep on a new end tooling. 

Just an insight into the complexity when it comes to detail on these beasts!

Cheers!

Fran 

Good to see the 3 nose end rivets (or whatever they are) on the CAD. Hope they make it into the finished model. From talking to the team I understand the reason for their omission on the original batch is a bit unclear!

Edited by Nigel Emery

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Nigel Emery said:

Good to see the 3 nose end rivets (or whatever they are) on the CAD. Hope they make into the finished model. From talking to the team I understand the reason for their omission on the original batch is a bit unclear!

They are three bolts that hold a I shaped strengthener for the lamp bracket. The bottom of it is held by the bolts at the bottom of the bracket. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...