Graham Farish Spring 2023 announcements

AY Mod

I'd like them to think more about new rolling stock to go with new loco releases. Apparently we are finally getting the Virgin 47 promised for most of the last decade... but there is no sign of Virgin Mk2 air cons to go with it or even any more IC coaches. So what am I supposed to do with it? Park it on the scrap line?

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, fezza said:

I'd like them to think more about new rolling stock to go with new loco releases. Apparently we are finally getting the Virgin 47 promised for most of the last decade... but there is no sign of Virgin Mk2 air cons to go with it or even any more IC coaches. So what am I supposed to do with it? Park it on the scrap line?

The 47 was in the catalogue a long time ago, it is a relic of the old way of doing things so has remained visible during it's slow development cycle which we all hope means despite what the catalogue states is Next18 and a speaker.

Any re-runs of coaches will only be announced when the coaches are on the ship from China, which we all hope means a bonanza of coaches sometime this summer.

19 hours ago, fezza said:

If the OO gauge is anything to go off we will see the Virgin Mk2F's along with Intercity swallow in the same quarter as the locos are released, so this suggests the next announcement we may see the start of new coaching stock 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Farish release both new Mk3 coaches and FSA container flats this year. These would duplicate Dapol’s coaches and C-Rail’s forthcoming (been saying that for several years now) wagons. When the 90 was announced Richard Proudfoot said something along the lines of ‘the right stock for all these is coming’, which I took to mean the above. 

David 

2 minutes ago, bmthtrains - David said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Farish release both new Mk3 coaches

An interesting thought - same with the 47/DBSO combo relying on Dapol coaches, specifically C&M models for Scotrail or SC prefixed variants.  If they did Mk3 coaches, you'd have to think they'd also go beyond the hauled stock and that would also mean new HST power cars with Next18 and speakers.  It would need to be good though to prise people away from their cheaper Dapol derivatives.

1 hour ago, bmthtrains - David said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Farish release both new Mk3 coaches and FSA container flats this year. These would duplicate Dapol’s coaches and C-Rail’s forthcoming (been saying that for several years now) wagons. When the 90 was announced Richard Proudfoot said something along the lines of ‘the right stock for all these is coming’, which I took to mean the above. 

David 

Do you mean Richard Proudman?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 27/02/2023 at 18:36, bmthtrains - David said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Farish release both new Mk3 coaches and FSA container flats this year. These would duplicate Dapol’s coaches and C-Rail’s forthcoming (been saying that for several years now) wagons. When the 90 was announced Richard Proudman said something along the lines of ‘the right stock for all these is coming’, which I took to mean the above. 

David 

Hi there,

Ha - Mk3 coaches were in the Farish range long before Dapol produced theirs, so who is duplicating who?! 😄

I suspect that while an FSA is possible it's more likely he was referring to possible shrinking of the rather nice Bachmann 4mm FFA/FGA 'original' Freightliner flats.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

I suspect that while an FSA is possible it's more likely he was referring to possible shrinking of the rather nice Bachmann 4mm FFA/FGA 'original' Freightliner flats.

Oooo, now that would be interesting and very welcome (at least to me).

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, grahame said:

Oooo, now that would be interesting and very welcome (at least to me).

Plus one.

Although I have been look at the 2mm Assoc and Worlsey Works etches...

Best

Scott.

On 14/03/2023 at 20:27, Widnes Model Centre said:

These arrived in stock today. As in AY’s photo in the Spring Announcements. The box says ‘Crossfield Chemicals’. Thankfully the wagon says ‘Crosfield Chemicals’. 

Would the incorrect spelling on the box put anyone off buying? The one customer l showed them to said it would. 

8A8DB18D-F132-41D4-9CE0-61397AE1A02A.png

The box spelling wouldn't put me off... But the price certainly would. It is far too much for a very basic model with a shiny plastic finish.

2 hours ago, fezza said:

The box spelling wouldn't put me off... But the price certainly would. It is far too much for a very basic model with a shiny plastic finish.

If you look at the number of individually fitted parts that go into the wagon it is anything but basic, the wire stays on the sides and straps over the top of the wagon are all separate as is a lot of the underframe detail - not a single moulded item like all but the newest PECO.

You can buy the wagon discounted in many places typically by 15% which brings the £25.95 down to a shade over £22.00, but given the cost of assembly never mind increases in material costs that is now the going rate and nobody is profiting obscenely at those prices. 

Regards

Roy

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
On 15/03/2023 at 14:21, scottystitch said:

Plus one.

Although I have been look at the 2mm Assoc and Worlsey Works etches...

Best

Scott.

Hi

Mine are a hybrid of Worsley Works kits, 2mm SA parts and my own castings.

image.png.8bdf28d9731a1217812e4160c24e1135.png

image.png.1d8c99d07d41efddc18eb22a7c53938b.png

image.png.9ca7cc86f92a7128e2016850570325db.png

image.png.5b12ee72af7a7a202d4a64138f826b7b.png

Cheers

Paul

Edited by PaulCheffus
Extra photos
  • Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Although the Bachmann website says expected arrival July/August (and we’re only just into July), the Sealions have arrived with retailers and my lot are on their way from Cornwall.

IMG_1786.jpeg.b4cd6976992bca64511d231a0feecc39.jpeg

• Like 2