Larkrail 2023

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

Top day out. 

Many thanks to Simon and Jerry for the invite to what was a lovely show. Equally, many thanks to Kim and the rest of the catering team for the excellent fodder. 

Great to meet with many friends, old and new. 

Now home, beer in hand. 

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

As there wasn't much chance of visiting, I have compensated by eating cake all day long.

Who are you ?

Phil Parker’s replacement as he’s I’ll !

• Funny 3

1 minute ago, Graham456 said:

Phil Parker’s replacement as he’s I’ll !

Who's Phil Parker? Was he Laddy Penelope's chauffeur/coiffeur/chuffer? 

Whoever he is, I hope he gets well soon. Obviously a man outa my own boots.

• Funny 4

3 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Who's Phil Parker? Was he Laddy Penelope's chauffeur/coiffeur/chuffer? 

Whoever he is, I hope he gets well soon. Obviously a man outa my own boots.

Don’t know if your being serious or not ! obviously he is a fellow cake monster found on here,BRM mag and in his blog http://philsworkbench.blogspot.com/

• Like 4

Yes, a very nice, friendly show, with good food from Kim & co.

The minibus was on loan from Chippenham & District Transport for the Disabled, I drive for them when needed.

Brian

Edited by Canal Digger
word detail
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

As there wasn't much chance of visiting, I have compensated by eating cake all day long.

We had plenty of cake after our running session here but that's nothing unusual.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

10800, Brinkly and I had a grand day out at one of the most convivial shows on the circuit. It was great to see and meet up with so many familiar faces.

Many thanks Jerry and Simon for organizing it and having such quality on show, and Kim with her utterly delicious cake selections.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Arcadia

IMG_5777.jpeg.a2c57610855639f081e6d930722d8610.jpeg

IMG_5778.jpeg.e2adf34517d64c648ef7749ba355f616.jpeg

I didn’t get photos of everything because I got chatting and forgot to go back! But it gives a flavour and a real gem of the show circuit. 

It's a really nice model, beautifully done and Richard and his wife are lovely. 

I do need to plop a bit of paint on the back of Dippy. A measure of the attraction that Larkrail presents is the chap I'm chatting to. Richard had travelled from Essex that day by rail. He's probably not alone, or furthest travelled but impresive all the same. 

Rob

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations to the Jerry and Simon duo for providing such an eclectic excellence of layouts, scales, gauges and, well, 'things' to educate, inform, and entertain us.   It made the trip by three different trains, and a  Bath 'bus (although Richard's rail journey was much longer than mine) more than  worthwhile so thanks for yet another top notch Larkrail.   And - of course - lots of really great company and some old friends seen once again.

And my wet weather precautions of (heavy) waterproof jacket plus umbrella did their staff as it only rained when I was either on a train or 'bus.  I did worry about teh destination of all the v crowds in Bath but they all seem to have gione elsewhere, fortunately.  But one little hint from a non-cake-eater (yes we do exist and are taking the tablets) but the range of sandwich fillings seems to have reduced particularly, in my case, with a dire lack of cheese and pickle filling.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

to educate, inform, and entertain us.

The buffet car at Old Oak story made me laugh.

Edited by Tim Dubya
More cwoffeee
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

May I also thank Jerry, Simon, all the exhibitors and demonstrators and Kim and her team for putting on a, yet another, superb 'Larkrail'.  I hesitate to call it an exhibition or a show as it isn't - it is a social gathering of friends and like-minded people who happen to bring along with them their latest projects to delight and inspire the rest of us.  I have pictures, but I won't put them up here as others have done that to a far better standard than I can achieve.  I will, however, applaud my favourite exhibits:

Hepton Wharf - the granddaddy of the cameo presentation.  The first time (and last before yesterday) I saw it in the flesh was as a part built challenge at the Horticultural Hall back in the early '90s.  How nice, and fitting to the memory of Iain Rice, to see it so lovingly renovated and working.

Copenhagen Fields - the chance to see even a small piece of this up close and personal, and to chat to Tim Watson, was not be missed.

Arun Quay - one can almost feel the bone chilling drizzle being blown in from the sea.

Sheep Dip - a beautiful rendition of run down desolation and isolation in a landscape that is probably dominated by, dare I say it, sheep.

Again, my thanks to you all

John

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1