Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cavalex - New Class 60

AY Mod

16 minutes ago, RBE said:

All I will say is that we didn't go into it blind without any knowledge of their plans regarding the loco. 'They' would say that of course.

Quite, and understandably you would say/imply the opposite. However ""their"" researcher not doesn't work for them andnI believe hasn't shyed away from spilling beans but has stayed true to this

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Tbh I really don't think there's any need for a tit for tat, its water under the bridge. You can believe whatever you are told, however also bear in mind that there are others 'in the know', us being one of them, that knows the full story. In all honesty 'they' probably did us a favour as it turned out.

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

We could have had a better 91 and mk4’s, but unfortunately we dont.

Even worse, the new mk4’s really aren't much better than the old ones either.

But the 60..

I am genuinely interested at why you picked a 60 (over nothing else in particular) and does this mean your going to be going for the heavy freight hat trick with a Grid, Tug and Bone  ?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, South-East Rail said:

Excellent news! I only ask that we get 60081 'Isambard Kingdom Brunel' at some point.

Ed 

I’ll be waiting for that one as well. Surely that will be a special Ed announced from someone.

The Hornby 60 has always been very highly regarded, only let down by its coupling pocket issues. It still ranks highly amongst their best models and it will be interesting to see how this one plans to better it. 

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

A bit off my radar in most scenarios, however i might just be able to justify an EWS one to go with the secondhand Hornby one I only just got... 🙄 😉

But, paying for the 56s I have on order will have to remain my priority.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

Definitely didn’t see this coming and surprised there is no DCrail grey one in the first batch although you say it can change 

cheers Craig 

They have hinted at dealer exclusives 

• Friendly/supportive 1