Genetically Modified (GM) – Accurascale Takes Route 66 With Latest Locomotive Release in 00/4mm!

Preordered 66779 and looking forward to seeing decorated samples in due course. Really hoping the lights are of the correct colour and intensity 🤞🏻 as this has always been a massive let down on previous offerings (obviously not by Accurascale 😅

89298745-BBE5-4696-948E-1A2DE21DE512.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Ok so I’ll just leave these pretty little pictures here and need I say no more… *cough cough* 😉

B2274F64-52FB-4DAE-8058-0566D5C4A30E.jpeg

38481DDD-4C22-4BE4-B79D-6B528ACCFFF6.jpeg

I want. The rework definitely justifies being done again.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Shoey said:

Ok so I’ll just leave these pretty little pictures here and need I say no more… *cough cough* 😉

Ewww no. The wrap around yellow doesn't help it. Presume 721 will get redone similarly. 

Jo

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Ewww no. The wrap around yellow doesn't help it. Presume 721 will get redone similarly. 

Jo

Spot the difference! 😄 I agree with you Jo, not too sure on the wrap around yellow - much prefer the black surrounding the windscreen and side windows. Roof is black instead of blue. Nameplate in a different position too. Any other differences?

IMG_4532.jpeg

IMG_4531.jpeg

Edited by Shoey

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Spot the difference! 😄 I agree with you Jo, not too sure on the wrap around yellow - much prefer the black surrounding the windscreen and side windows. Roof is black instead of blue. Nameplate in a different position too. Any other differences?

IMG_4532.jpeg

IMG_4531.jpeg

To be honest i prefere the yellow widow and front and i guess its more noticeable at night so will be health and safety driven,more money in the bank as Accurascale do more models over the years,could be worse and have head to toe purple.....:}

Looking forward to a cracking model ying ying that i dont have to do the CKD thing with.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

RE. Scale wheels. When I do buy an Acc. class it will be converted to correct gauge regardless of rotating axle end caps or not having the forged monobloc driving wheel pattern so I do hope that Accurascale provide alternative P4/EM wheelsets as previously done with other diesel models. The replacement P4 scale wheels provided by Ultrascale for the Deltic and the EE Type3  were not used due to being undersize but the excellent quality of those wheels I purchased are now under my Rapido Ferry Vans. Just the job and I do have alternative correct dia. wheels for P4 on order for my forthcoming EE.3.     

On 24/05/2023 at 08:37, G-BOAF said:

Big plug for 66721 in Harry Beck map livery. iconic design and tribute to a great British innovator.

I wonder if Accurascale would consider doing a twin pack of 66718 (as it was before this recent repaint) & 66721 (as is) in a fancy box? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Shoey said:

I wonder if Accurascale would consider doing a twin pack of 66718 (as it was before this recent repaint) & 66721 (as is) in a fancy box? 

Class 66’s will be a feast for years to come.

to save everyones time, ive found a list….  Accurascale can you do one of each In this list please ?

https://www.rail-record.co.uk/class-59-66-livery-list/

(Though save the orange ones for Halloween).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

26 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

to save everyones time, ive found a list….  Accurascale can you do one of each In this list please ?

Great find! 😃 what a list that is!! I guess Accurascale have well and truly got their work cut out 😅

• Like 1

On 23/05/2023 at 20:35, Shoey said:

Thanks @Shoey as I somehow missed that the loco had its livery updated.  I will update my list and post an update soon.

On 24/05/2023 at 10:34, Shoey said:

IMG_4532.jpeg

IMG_4531.jpeg

I have looked at both photos and the only other differences that I can find are:

• Livery looks more vivid so I assume they are new vinyls
  • New style GBRf logo as aposed to Europorte style
  • Number on cab side has been moved to leading end and is now yellow instead of white
  • Buffer beam has yellow highlights in between light clusters
  • Below the side grille there is something painted red

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Thanks @adb968008, I wasn't aware of that list when I created mine.  I'll compare both and post my updated list soon.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Alan Oliver said:

Don’t forget the original 66/8’s that Colas had or the Freightliner green 66/7’s GBRf had before they were repainted.

Flickr pics

66408/66843/66744 This loco has worn DRS/Advenza/Colas/GBRf colours- possibly the most repainted 66? (along with it's other DRS/Advenza sisters)

Ribblehead.

66581/66741

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shoey said:
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Expand  

Great find! 😃 what a list that is!! I guess Accurascale have well and truly got their work cut out 😅

Proceed with care though, that list is a bit out of date. Would be handy if it had a "last updated" date on it. Not all the orange and red 66 repaints are on there for starters.

Jo

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Proceed with care though, that list is a bit out of date. Would be handy if it had a "last updated" date on it. Not all the orange and red 66 repaints are on there for starters.

Jo

The below list is work in progress and you can contribute by posting in the comments any which are missing or incorrect (turnaround time 24 hours). This list will be regularly updated.

He seems pretty responsive looking at the comments underneath, so if you have Gen, feel free to share, its not a commercial site.

Edited by adb968008

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

He seems pretty responsive looking at the comments underneath, so if you have Gen, feel free to share, its not a commercial site.

People have already commented but the updates have not made the list yet. Like I said, all it needs is a correct as of dd/mm/yy note on the page.

Jo

• Agree 1

On 24/05/2023 at 10:36, big jim said:

Wonder if it’s new name is SIR lord peter Hendy? 

not heard or seen anything about it on the web 

I have come across the GBRf press release and the loco has been renamed:

On Wednesday 24 May, at a ceremony at London Waterloo station, GB Railfreight renamed a Class 66 (66718) from Sir Peter Hendy CBE to Peter, Lord Hendy of Richmond Hill, of Imber in the County of Wiltshire. The renaming was to mark Lord Hendy’s recent appointment to the House of Lords, which was announced late last year.

Lord Hendy has long been a leading figure in the transport sector. He is the current Chair of Network Rail, having previously served as Commissioner for Transport for London, and has held many other senior roles across the industry.

It would be intresting to see if the new nameplate could be recreated in 1/76th scale.  That said, I have every faith that @Accurascale Fran and @McC can!

5 hours ago, YesTor said:

A question regarding 66001 in EWS livery... and is there a possibility that cabside mirrors could be included, so that this loco could be modelled in later condition?

66001 EWS

thanks

Al

Presumably such a postdating would also need inclusion of the modified top grill as well (judging by this photos).

This is the 'problem' with such detailed models; it is increasingly difficult to change era or even renumber unless all multitude of details are correct for the particular era/class member

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Agree 4