Class 66, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

Looks like we are cooking on gas with these,big improvement on the buy and fix model that Hattons did,i dont think there response to the issues helped,but sad loss to our hobby.Well done you guys and keep up Accurascaling our miniture world with more ying than yang.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, atom3624 said:

When is Evening Star expected to be available?

Al.

Hi Al,

All 66s arrive together in late Q1.

20 hours ago, XChris said:

Quick question on these, I’m guessing that the couplings and front valances are the same as the Hattons ones?

Hi Chris,

Correct, we have not modified that area. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Looking forward to receiving my Evening Star. That box looks amazing. 

Yes, I agree, nice to see it matching the livery design on the loco and no mistaking what's inside!

8 minutes ago, StuAllen said:

Ok, my wallet starts getting worried when you post pictures like that, but it’s fine I have a plan - just bought a ticket for tonight’s Euro lottery.😜

Mine is cowering in the corner, so maybe I need to put a ticket on for the lottery too!  😂

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

we expect them to ship just after CNY by sea. This will mean an expected arrival bang on time for the end of Q1 2024. 

It's gonna be tight to have them rolling for York Exhibition!

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

I guess there's no advantage of ordering one now or after release?

I've been out of the loop for months now - only just realised a few weeks ago this was happening!

Obviously now means I have one ordered but there will be some available over the next few months, surely?

Edited by Sir TophamHatt

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

I guess there's no advantage of ordering one now or after release?

I've been out of the loop for months now - only just realised a few weeks ago this was happening!

Obviously now means I have one ordered but there will be some available over the next few months, surely?

Accurascale retailers are still showing them available for pre-order and may have some stock as they will have ordered an allocation which is not yet sold out on pre-order. If you are seeking a particular version then pre-ordering or moving very quickly when they arrive is advised.

• Like 1

Thanks - just seen they're all OOS on Accurascale website but found someone else who has some at the same price.

Just back to the same question I had with Hattons version...  EWS, which I used to see all the time and feel I should buy it won't really go with some container wagons I plan to buy, which is usually Freightliner (although I see EWS has had some before but less common)...  of which I hate the green sticker behind the logo (I know prototypical but I still don't like it).

Edited by Sir TophamHatt

19 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Thanks - just seen they're all OOS on Accurascale website but found someone else who has some at the same price.

Just back to the same question I had with Hattons version...  EWS, which I used to see all the time and feel I should buy it won't really go with some container wagons I plan to buy, which is usually Freightliner (although I see EWS has had some before but less common)...  of which I hate the green sticker behind the logo (I know prototypical but I still don't like it).

There is also the "Email me" option on the Accurascale website, so if you want a loco that isn't available elsewhere, such as the exclusive ones, then you still have a chance of getting one.

As for the EWS/Freightliner scenario, I think "Rule 1" or a spot hire excuse could be used?

• Like 1

The H66 IS ~700g or more if I remember correctly - heavy!

State the obvious, a powerhouse like the 'Shed' should have good performance all-round, as Hattons had succeeded in doing.

This should include traction and pulling power.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Is there any option for locomotive crew with this locomotive ... or indeed others.

A certain Class 56 recently launched had Modelu design direct-fit replacement 3D printed crew.

Anything similar here?

Al.

Not sure about from Accurascale but noticed Westhill Wagon Works have launched Class 66 drivers recently - think they are printed by Model U and hand painted. They even offer an option where the driver has his feet up. Not yet tried them - only saw yesterday.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, McC said:

We pioneered offering full colour 3D crew with Modelu for all our locos for the last few years. Suitable ranges for all forthcoming locos and the new hattons additions will be added in ample time. Hope that helps!

https://www.accurascale.com/en-eu/collections/crews-and-people

The class 66s must be so very close now to being shipped to the uk 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, GBRf 66 The Flying Dustman said:

The class 66s must be so very close now to being shipped to the uk 

From a previous post by MCC

we expect them to ship just after CNY by sea. This will mean an expected arrival bang on time for the end of Q1 2024. 

I reckon that it'll be close run thing.

Unless the "ship" is a 747F........

😄

• Funny 1