Class 66, By Accurascale

I've just found the email in my junk mail - there's no way I would open an email from such a dodgy looking address anyway. As I'm fully paid up for this I have no intention of doing anything further.

On a separate note, I recently managed to look through the original 66's which I purchased from Hattons, and hadn't realised they were delivered with the buffer beam detail added to one end - will the A/S models be similarly delivered?

Several pages back, isn't there a 'here's how to' summary of removing the as received buffer beam, to replace with the detailed buffer beam supplied?

Perhaps that's on the 66 001 thread?

Al.

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:
On 17/05/2024 at 08:19, Dutch-Traindriver said:

But who can cancel such a beautiful model as the Accurascale class 66.......

I also cancelled both of mine. Didn’t fit with my plans anymore so someone else can have them at the correct price. 

I ordered the green Freightliner version one evening at the beginning of August last year, then the very next morning the GBRf Prostate Cancer charity model was announced, which was a must have for me so I placed a further order.   Spent the whole winter ruminating over the idea of buying both,  then in March, with spring and summer approaching which means more time and money spent on outdoor activities and travel and less on model trains, I decided to deal with all my outstanding pre-orders by either paying in full or cancelling.     It was obviously cheaper to change the airdam on my Hattons Freightliner 66 to fit a coupling, so it could haul from both ends and run round its train at the end of my layout, rather than purchasing that second Freightliner loco which would have been needed to pull the return working.    So I cancelled Freightliner and paid the balance on the GBRf at the same time and someone can now have my Freightliner 66  direct from Accurascale at the correct price and meantime I eagerly await the arrival of the GBRf loco.

Edited by cessna152towser
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Does anyone know what DCC decoder we’ll need for these? Don’t think AS have advertised a custom Lokpilot for the 66 yet? Can someone at AS advise? Would any of the other decoders advertised as for 37etc do the job? Keen to get mine up and running once arrives and I don’t have option to run my layout on DC. Thanks,

M

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Read back on the thread from 66001 arriving,i would wait for the accurascale chip as they are on there way too or be disappointed as they need the custom item for full function.

The Modelu crews are now on the website and in stock and we should have all the decoders (two sound versions and lokpilot) in the coming 3-4 days. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Call me old fashioned, but those tattoos will have to go. Less painful than real ones though!

image.png.ab1b1df9dab1b9e180a9fbd2fbbba340.png

you’ve got to admit though, being able to print them direct in colour onto the 3D print is pretty impressive! 

Nice to see Bessie as a figure, she uses considerably less plastic than me that’s for sure, I’d cost twice as much to produce!

IMG_1155.jpeg.e8b604d3eb13a44546b5fe3dc61c2909.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, big jim said:

you’ve got to admit though, being able to print them direct in colour onto the 3D print is pretty impressive! 

Nice to see Bessie as a figure, she uses considerably less plastic than me that’s for sure, I’d cost twice as much to produce!

Your just after the recipe for her Yorkshire puddings............Shes a popular driver i guess, followed you both on Twitter before i gave up on it,nice to see youngsters getting involved. As with all kids they are more tattooed than my sailor brother. It would be rude not to get her glued into As one We Can of the Hattons bunch though.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, big jim said:

Could'nt resist - ordered her twin sister as well as a pair of 66s will be arriving soon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

It would be rude not to get her glued into As one We Can of the Hattons bunch though.

although, being pedantic she’s wearing a GBRF uniform! 

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, big jim said:

although, being pedantic she’s wearing a GBRF uniform! 

Must have been taken by dark side,she was a Freightliner shunt driver as she had her picture in 66587, i take it you mean the model figure not the picture with you.

• RMweb Gold
Just now, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Must have been taken by dark side,she was a Freightliner shunt driver as she had her picture in 66587, i take it you mean the model figure not the picture with you.

yeah the model figure is wearing a GB uniform as she’s with us now, saying that we did have ‘as one we can’ cascaded onto one of our engineers trains the other week at Holyhead (I was gutted as I was the train in front or I could have red penned it!) 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, big jim said:

we did have ‘as one we can’ cascaded onto one of our engineers trains the other week at Holyhead (I was gutted as I was the train in front or I could have red penned it!) 

I wonder if the pink one still has "The Panther" written in the cabs above the windscreens? Can't remember if I've driven it, but it was around a lot on Mendips when I was a shunter.

Jo

• Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, big jim said:

The colour print is a far better job than my previous attempt at a paint job! Bessie is a beautiful human being! Tatts an all!

20231123_215028.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 1

My Accurafolk have arrived.

I thought they were a tad on the expensive side, but didn't realise they come ready painted - others I've had from Modelu required painting, so bonus there.

The 66 crew now just need one small thing, erm, .... !!

Al.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

My Accurafolk have arrived.

I thought they were a tad on the expensive side, but didn't realise they come ready painted - others I've had from Modelu required painting, so bonus there.

The 66 crew now just need one small thing, erm, .... !!

Al.

Well hopefully they are currently going through quality control at Accurascale and they will start to get pre orders out next week 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1