Bachmann announcement 23 April

woodenhead

1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Indeed some did,Robin. But in any case,it would have been a task to discern exactly which livery they carried. It was the era of post war grime. There remains one notable exception in my spotting memories. Sometime in IIRC 1954,a friend and I went on a day out to Pontypool Road using The Vale of Neath line ( of blessed memory ). The highlight of the day there was always the visit of a Longsight ( 9A ) LMR loco ….usually a Scot or Rebuilt Patriot…..on a North to West service. It arrived at shortly after 1:00 pm & departed after turning etc. with a corresponding northbound service at about 3:15 pm. The portions from Cardiff and the West were combined at the platform which was long and had crossovers for the purpose. On this particular day,46115 did the honours .She is still going strong on heritage excursions to this day…though apparently failed near  Lockerbie with a hot box on her tender last week.

But there was another highlight that day. The last Saint…or one of the last anyway…in service was 2920 Saint David a Hereford ( 85C ) loco which was something of a “pet” and was turned out in immaculate BR lined ( I think) black with cycling lion on her tender. She duly called that day with a Hereford—Cardiff stopper. Her end was just weeks away.

It is high time someone replicated these beautiful locomotives in 4mm form to release our memories.

Yes but since they are grouped from a number of different classes and prototypes the only variant with any consistency will be the 20 Courts. The others are a minefield for any RTR manufacturer to cover the more common variations at the appropriate point in time any model is intended to represent.

Mark

• Like 1

It's my birthday tomorrow and it's the big 70, so aww Bach must have picked up my anniversary from the Club info and they are producing a Billington K class mogul just for me. Thanks guys.

If not that, the forgotten anniversary of 23 April is Shakespeare's and Shirley Temple's birthdays, so maybe after a Shakespeare play an 'n' gauge King or after Shirley, a replica of The Good Ship Lollipop.

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Union Flag Stratford Class 47 is my guess.  They've done it before but with the old tooling.

Or joining in with the current trend of fake liveries - Charles in purple.....

oooh that sickly livery 47580 is in now springs to mind.

20 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

"Much ado about nothing" or "Henry the something"?

the ninth? 

I can't see why the media get so excited over whether or not prince harry and/or his missus will be going to a religious service in Westminster Abbey.  It's not as though he's very likely ever to get the top job.  Far too much ado about nowt.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, rembrow said:

If not that, the forgotten anniversary of 23 April is Shakespeare's and Shirley Temple's birthdays, so maybe after a Shakespeare play an 'n' gauge King or after Shirley, a replica of The Good Ship Lollipop.

Ah, that's it, a special edition of 70004.

Adrian

• AY Mod locked this topic