Bachmann Summer 2023 speculation

nightstar.train

• RMweb Premium

Bachmann seem to make their announcements the first Wednesday of the month, which by reckoning is just a week away now. So thought it might be fun to have the usual froth, speculation and wishlisting/begging thread. 

For me I’m expecting a 009 Blanche as currently preserved with the cab tender. And I’m really really hoping that they will announce a Garratt soon. Although that might come in the November announcement as we’ve seen previously with the Fairlie and Mainline Hunslet. 

Not sure what I’m hoping for in OO. Whatever they do announce will probably be too pricey for me anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

My hope is that we see painted samples of the oo gauge class 25.                                                                                                                                         A two tone green Brush type 4 D1660  City of Truro. & another run ofclass 03 diesel shunters .

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think it'd be nice if Bachmann thought of the late-60's / 70's era with their latest multiple unit offerings, and did their 2-Hap, 4-Bep, Class 117 and Class 121 in Green with small yellow panel and BR Blue.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, darrel said:

A class 319 would make a lot of sense. They have already done it in N gauge wide area of operation and lots of livery options.

wow….

Some people speculate, and others just go go right for the throat and strangle it  hard and deep.

😁

i’d love to see a 319 pop out and would be thinking all kinds of crazy impossible things to make from it !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

For me I’m expecting a 009 Blanche as currently preserved with the cab tender. And I’m really really hoping that they will announce a Garratt soon. Although that might come in the November announcement as we’ve seen previously with the Fairlie and Mainline Hunslet. 

While the Penrhyn ladies with tenders are a logical next step, I’d expect Bachmann to do Russell first. It exists for a start which makes scanning easier and has a much longer history than the NGG16’s, and is approaching an anniversary (100th birthday of I’m not mistaken?). It could also go with the Peco stock across a variety of timescales. 

Bachmann seem to have checked out of doing their own steam- I’m struggling to think of their last OO model which wasn’t done for Rails or others

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

So decorated samples could quite well be in this announcement 

If you are referring to the YouTube announcement video, no it's for models that are due this quarter that have not previously been announced.

If you are referring to an update in the club magazine, that arrives on club members doormats a day or two later, maybe.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

Here’s hoping for the gbrf 47s and intercity 90 so I can renumber it to one of the lsl ones 

cheers Craig 

Converting 90007 Financial times is quite straight forwards…

body here

https://Bachmann-spares.co.uk/product/category/816/class-90-2019-bodyshell90005intercityswallowliveryfinanicaltimes32-610/e3261-200-01

Remove the number and name with a cocktail stick, and the builders plate.

I used Railtec transfers for new numbers.

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3630

Added Yellow OHLE by the doors

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=150

Add new nameplates

https://www.fox-transfers.co.uk/87027-wolf-of-badenoch-67354

paint the roof electric contact wire orange

a small piece of circular plastic dowel for the roof pod.

and job done.

B3ED01C1-414B-4F13-8847-0F39D4BFDAFE.jpeg.afd66e709c372f354cd9c61ea9ca53d5.jpegFD289B45-BE63-4758-8EED-893A670652E6.jpeg.0bca2c14a033f851967457ab4a31f266.jpeg

01ACF71B-55C3-4AB4-A0DF-952A7EEBB350.jpeg.2da27b5e9b0711910c621bb0654d2635.jpeg

66A75326-D9F9-4958-9310-FE3FBE00BA4F.jpeg.0a831757e06181aec15ef4c5dd952ce7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

40 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

A lot of Scenecraft models so they can say it's a record number of new announcements.

A Victorian outside loo for a terraced house, a public toilet block, an on street pop up urinal, a french style street urinal, a ladies on platform loo and a mess hut.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

A Victorian outside loo for a terraced house, a public toilet block, an on street pop up urinal, a french style street urinal, a ladies on platform loo and a mess hut.

And a fence for the drunks to use after chucking out time.😄

• Funny 5

id like to see a new Class 81 loco but if not then a minor bit of a refresh of the Class 85 would do me with a better lighting suite functionality, maybe metal buffers and perhaps greater cab bulkhead painted detail.

its now been 5 years since the new Mk2f coaches were released (10 years since they were announced at around £39.95!) and so its high time we had another batch of blue and grey Inter-City ones which really ought to be in the standard range year round IMHO.   Ideally some M prefix midland stock for WCML operations and a corrected branding on the one side of the BSO.   I want a few but then dont plan on risking waiting another 5 years........fingers crossed they have heard the calls.......

Maybe some white roof Mk1 charter stock?

Left field froth over a full 8 coach pack for the Mk2 Manchester Pullman coaches - new tooling in both liveries with DCC fitted.  Apparently the full train only has 3 types of carriage so its doable! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Haha I'm just picturing a scenecraft Cafe Rene complete with a little tank. "Is he one of us?  No he's one of them"

• Funny 3