Bachmann Summer 2023 speculation

nightstar.train

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yes, but I want to know before it's all over social media.

I'm afraid I don't like spoilers and I can guarantee that I will start getting emails or alerts telling me to buy XYZ before the announcement is even over.

They used to be live and the only way you could see it was via a link they sent you if you were in the Bachmann Club.

Jason

The BRAs were never live, the only change is that the YouTube link is available to all from the outset (it was anyway really but they only released the link for 9.30am to collectors club members / retailers and asked for it not to be shared until midday, but that didn't last long) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 28/04/2023 at 23:46, Benjamin Brady said:

I think there has to be more 158's still in the system, a Northern one maybe. 

The Class 170 surly has to be on the horizon, there is plenty of operational scope and a scotrail shall fly off the shelves even at Bachmann prices I am sure. 

I hope for a Northern of both. Maybe not in the same announcement but I'd keen for both in the White current/Arriva livery.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Big steam like all those Pecketts, Terriers, H Class, J15, J36, 700, Adams Radial Tank, Rocket, Lion, 08s, Rustons, Sentinels, etc. as well as all those old tooling such as Jinties, Panniers, Pugs, 14XXs,

Another myth I'm afraid. They make more small engines than any one else.

Jason

I was talking about the engines they've re-tooled. AFAIK, the only "small" engine they've re-tooled for several years now is the "Terrier", and that only when Dapol/Rails had announced theirs. A lot of those old tooling locos—the LMS 4F, 2P and the Fowler 2-6-4Ts, for instance, could do with some improvement.

I also note that they still haven't produced a late crest J36 — odd, given it survived to the end of steam in Scotland.

Hornby tend to do "small and cute" and big steam engines, ignoring the middle ground. The last 2-6-0 they did was the K1, and that was a few years BC (before covid).

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, wombatofludham said:

Just seen on Twitter that LNW have outshopped a Desiro 350 in branding for the Eurovision Song Contest which is coming to Liverpool this month.  Now that is one Rule 1 model I would snap up, not only do I like the Dessies but I'm a bit of a fan of the contest.  It's a colour scheme that is winding up the enthusiasts as well, so multiple wins on a single model.

Bachmann, take my money....

One of the most boring-looking EMUs promoting  a contest that does for music what the water companies are doing for our rivers. What’s not to love?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

...with the added bonus that said Eurovision train will be going precisely nowhere on Eurovision day due to yet another rail strike!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

PS Bachmann, you misjudged the market for FFA inners badly, seems like more people wanted at least three to one FGA twin pack make up a proper 5 section FGA-FFA rake than you thought.

Or even produce a single as used in Scotland in passenger trans/or the later modified ones as supertench or even the twinsets used for track panels.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, GD said:

class 60 surely?

Can’t imagine it being a class 60 - not with what’s already on offer plus what Cavalex Models are bringing to the market too. All will be revealed tomorrow morning!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Could be an N scale Class 60 though, maybe a Collectors Club job?  N scale Collectors Club models have been a bit lacking compared with the OO scale equivalents in recent years.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, John M Upton said:

Could be an N scale Class 60 though, maybe a Collectors Club job?  N scale Collectors Club models have been a bit lacking compared with the OO scale equivalents in recent years.

Have amended your post to be more accurate 🤣

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

From the BCC Facebook page:

Summer 2023 Product Announcements

Although it seems like our Spring announcements were only made yesterday, it's that time again as we invite you to join us for the next instalment of British Railway Announcements. Premiering tomorrow, we have another bumper set of new items to share with you across multiple scales and covering many eras. With some of these new items already in stock and ready to be dispatched later this month, and with our full Summer collection scheduled to arrive in the next few months, be sure to tune in and see what will be arriving on retailers' shelves in the coming weeks. With three new Bachmann Collectors Club Limited Edition models too, we hope you're as excited as we are for our Summer announcements.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I rejoined about a year ago having let it lapse for this very reason

In that time they've released 3 from memory, 37, 101, 08. A decent offering in my opinion provided any or all are of interest. 

Compares well to what's been available if you joined as a "narrow gauge" member but I suspect that a quarry Hunslet must be in the offing soon as a collectors' special. Time will tell

Rob

• RMweb Premium
On 30/04/2023 at 12:15, Downer said:

No new tooling.  I think several years have passed since Bachmann last announced a new steam loco for their own range. 

And how exactly do you know that?

PLEASE REMEMBER For a good few years now Bachmann have developed a policy of NOT announcing models till they are on their way over to the UK - and that INCLUDES STEAM!

Unless you have insider knowledge you simply have no way of knowing whether a newly tooled steam loco is under development nor indeed if one will / won't be released this Summer or indeed at any point during the rest of the year.

Edited by phil-b259

Come on chaps, we only have to wait just over 12 hours to see what goodies and toilet themed buildings they have in the offing.

Lets all remain civil and friendly, whatever Bachmann announce or don't announce is not anything we have control over beyond taking part in any surveys and letting them know what we'd like.

It's only trains......😁

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

47 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Come on chaps, we only have to wait just over 12 hours to see what goodies and toilet themed buildings they have in the offing.

Lets all remain civil and friendly, whatever Bachmann announce or don't announce is not anything we have control over beyond taking part in any surveys and letting them know what we'd like.

It's only trains......😁

Well I enjoy the countdown music and the psychedelic patterns and numbers the most!!

On 01/05/2023 at 07:00, Roy L S said:

I was thinking the same, it is very notable that rightly or wrongly expectations are now so low as far as Farish is concerned that there is no longer much if any frothing at all.  Assuming the announcement is on Wednesday at the usual time, I don't know that I will be able to dial in to watch anyway, so will catch up on the announcements at my leisure afterwards in all probability. My expectations aren't that high, I would love to see a new tool steam loco, but I am not sure that is realistic any more, I know the quarterly method of announcements means theoretically anything is possible, but the cold hard truth is that there hasn't been a totally new steam loco since the 8F, which first broke cover mid-2018 and was released in November 2020 so that's five years from first announcememt 

Roy

Normally I'd also be as cynical, but I seem to remember someone saying that Bachmann had hinted that there will be bumper amount of N items announced at the Summer/Winter announcements, so we may both be pleasantly surprised. Or not.

• RMweb Gold

Looks like a DB Red shed to me.

As its collectors club, lets narrow it down to one of..

66085 Powered by HVO

66175 Rail Riders

66185 DP Ports

of course it could be an old image used to tease us… DB class 90.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, phil-b259 said:

And how exactly do you know that?

PLEASE REMEMBER For a good few years now Bachmann have developed a policy of NOT announcing models till they are on their way over to the UK - and that INCLUDES STEAM!

Unless you have insider knowledge you simply have no way of knowing whether a newly tooled steam loco is under development nor indeed if one will / won't be released this Summer or indeed at any point during the rest of the year.

If you bother to look back, you will see that I was answering someone else’s question about stuff that had already been announced, not stuff that might be announced in the future. 

• Friendly/supportive 1