Bachmann Summer 2023 speculation

nightstar.train

If it's a red shed and the way competition has been in the past I'd expect a retooled 66.

I have though it odd we have not had any new liveries on a 66 for a while. I've always thought the Bachmann 66 was good for it's age and has never failed me at a show. I'd welcome a retooled one. 

Had the lack of new liveries been in aid of this new announcement? 

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Looks like a DB Red shed to me.

As its collectors club, lets narrow it down to one of..

66085 Powered by HVO

66175 Rail Riders

66185 DP Ports

The thing is, whilst I understand there is some competition to react to, do Bachmann really need to be doing any more red 66s?

In my opinion, they'd be better off trying to tempt us away from the competition with something they don't offer.

• Agree 2

Maybe extending their Deluxe range to other locos.

Reintroducing cab crewmen as std like they used to do....

I fear itll be another let down on the BR inter city blue grey mk2f range where we could see either Anglian Railways versions or fully bulled up Cargo D stock in blue and grey but some new mk2fs are almost nailed on.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, meatloaf said:

Wonder what a Deluxe steam loco would have as the extra feature. Smoke?

Both Hornby and Rapido are experimenting with water vapour generators that sync to the wheels and produce realistic chuffing. Hornby had a working demonstration unit at Model Rail Scotland and it looked really excellent, proper little puffs of smoke as the wheels turned. So the tech is certainly there if Bachmann wanted to join in too. 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Delta_Who said:

Been joking around with a few friends on discord... but it could possibly be a PCV.
image.png.fbdf02f535ae53c512c0884b32e7cc24.png

image.png

image.png.a4ad9d5d499ad509178ac631177d654d.png

I’ll be surprised, amazed and delighted if it is. Key bit of stock to model mail trains in the late 90s/early 00s. But if it is I fear what price might be asked, especially if it has working lights. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Carl LaFong said:

One thing for sure - it's not a steam locomotive!

(Curses).

You're looking at the wrong page if you want steam.

Look at the one with "Announcements" on it. If that isn't something black then I don't know what it is. So I'm quite optimistic, unless it's N Gauge. 

Unfortunately not long enough for an 8F and looks like a tank. Would love it if it was a Fowler 2-6-4 Tank. Might just be a reissue of the BR 4MT though.

Although could be a red herring to stop us guessing them. Has happened before ISTR.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Wonder what a Deluxe steam loco would have as the extra feature. Smoke?

A fireman shovelling coal, the faster the speed the more he shovels 😂 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Simon Bendall said:

One Class 121 had white/blue, 55034, there was a trailer as well IIRC https://www.railcar.co.uk/images/3347

I was sort of thinking that there might have been one in the back of my mind, but I wasn't sure. That image proves I shouldn't ever make assumptions, and also to sometimes trust my memory. Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

The more I stare at that red blurry blob, it looks like it could be a maroon Warship......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Orange 37?

I keep thinking a DB Schenker Class 37.

At least it’s not black. Yes, black, I’ll have to get the black out. Black, black, black……….!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 97406 said:

I keep thinking a DB Schenker Class 37.

At least it’s not black. Yes, black, I’ll have to get the black out. Black, black, black……….!

We'll find out very soon.....

• Moderators

Strewth, the chat alongside the YouTube vid makes this topic look like University Challenge.

Closing this off now and the full topics will open after the video has finished.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• AY Mod locked this topic